The Queen Has Returned

Rika soon settled back into life at Ouran. She no longer worked full-time in Music Room 3, but also spent time in an attached office. Behind a dark brown desk she sat in what she called a "Mafia Chair" she would sit with electronic screens surrounding her.

"I don't know why Chairman Suoh lets me have this office," she admitted once to Akito.

"You're his most valuable asset," Akito answered. "The Blood Tiger." Rika scowled.

"Is that why I have a mafia chair?"

"Pardon?"

"My chair. It's black padded leather and I feel like I lead some kind of gang!" She laughed. "As if I  would do something like that!"

The students at Ouran Academy were buzzing with rumors about their teacher's surprising return.

"She came to take Kyoya away from us!" One girl hissed to her friends over a cup of tea in Music Room 3. They were observing the quiet teacher, who for once, was not playing death metal during Host Club hours. Instead, Rika had her gaze fixed on Kyoya. More to the point, she was glaring at him. After what happened with Haruhi she couldn't trust her brother-in-law.

"Are you okay?" Haruhi interrupted the conversation as she sat between them and refilled their cups.

"Haruhi, what's going on with your sister?" one girl asked. The other girls quieted her but Haruhi simply laughed.

"Rika?" she asked. "There was a family argument." The girls sighed in relief.

"Then Kyoya is single?" Haruhi was surprised.

"Of course he is." Their relief was palpable. Rika stood from her desk where she was observing Kyoya and walked over to him.

"Kyoya," she greeted.

"Miss Fujioka." Rika glared at him.

"Don't start." Kyoya crossed his arms.

"What do you want?" Rika held out one hand, palm up.

"The notebook."

"Pardon?"

"I want to see the notebook." Kyoya withheld the small black book.

"Why?"

"Give it to me." Rika had no reasonable response but was determined to win the fight.

"Rika-"

"Kyoya-" The edge in her voice sent Kyoya reeling.

He was back in the hospital. Before him was a white bed with a single patient on it. She was moderately restrained even though it was clear that she could barely move. Kyoya watched through a small opening in the door as his middle brother sat before her. He could faintly hear their conversation.

"Can't you tell me anything?" Akito's voice held a tone that Kyoya had never heard before. The girl on the bed was silent. She turned her head to the side and closed her eyes. "What are the scars from?" Akito persisted. A barely perceptive tensing in her shoulders. Kyoya was curious. "What does Tiger mean?" Kyoya could tell that his brother was upset. The girl on the bed finally spoke.

"Nothing anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"The Tigers are gone." Kyoya was startled. The name was familiar. "The Blood Tiger is dead." Akito sighed, knowing that he would get nothing else from the girl. He had met his match in stubbornness. As he stood, Kyoya scurried away from the door.

Stepping into the patient's room for the first time, Kyoya was frozen where he stood. An chilly gaze met his.

"You're in the wrong room." Kyoya shook his head.

"No," he answered. "You're the Blood Tiger." The girl stiffened and turned her full attention to him.

"You know nothing," she hissed. "Get out." Kyoya held his ground only through the fright that kept the rest of his body frozen.

"I know that you're the Blood Tiger and that you lead the strongest gang in Tokyo." The Blood Tiger released a sigh.

"And what will you do with that?"

"I'll tell Akito." Kyoya's threat was pitiful.

"He knows." Kyoya was surprised.

"And he let you into the hospital?" The Blood Tiger looked down at the cuffs that held her wrists and ankles to the bed.

"I'm a prisoner."

"You're not. That's not how the Blood Tiger is."

"I'm not the Blood Tiger." She denied it.

"Yes you are! You're the Blood Tiger and you were hurt in an attempted murder." The Blood Tiger's eyes grew dangerously dark and Kyoya could believe that she was what he claimed she was.

"Get out."

"No-"

"Get out!" She ripped one of the cuffs from the bed with effort and brandished her fist at him. "Now."

Kyoya was pulled harshly back into Music Room 3 when Rika grabbed his black notebook. Flipping through it, she scanned the pages.

"Kyoya," she sighed. The pages didn't hold what she wanted. A sentence caught her eye. "Is this true?" Her interest was piqued.  Kyoya looked at the page.

"Merely observations," he answered. Rika's face grew dark and she threw the book back at Kyoya.

"Tamaki Suoh!" she yelled. "Get away from Haruhi!"

A/N: The ACT is actually the most stressful thing in my life right now. If I have to sit through another test session I will actually cry. Is a 34 not enough for my parents? What. Anyways, now that that's kind of over updates should become more frequent. Thank you for all of your support and as always I do not own the Ouran High School Host Club.

P.S. I do read all of the comments and they're one of the driving forces of motivation for me right now. Keep it up guys!