Compromise

The next day at school Haruhi approached her sister with a compromise.

"What do you want?" Rika asked in Music Room 3. Haruhi sighed.

"Just hear me out," she asked. Rika nodded shortly.

"I will," she promised. Haruhi sighed again.

"I want you to let the Host Club to use the Music Room after school hours-" she held up her hand. "But we'll let you monitor all of our activities and we'll give you veto power." Rika tilted her head to the side.

"Let me see the contract," she agreed after a pause. Haruhi smiled, holding out a document.

"Yes or no?" she asked. Rika scanned the document, noting that she would be taken on out of school trips, given food, accommodations, and chaperone duty. In addition she would be given recommendations for schools. She tossed the paper onto the nearest table.

"Fine," she agreed. "I'll give this to you at the end of the day." She ushered her sister out of the music room, shutting the door. She would accept the Host Club for her sister's sake, but that didn't mean that she approved of it.

The next day after school the Host Club sat in Music Room 3 with Rika.

"I think that a tropical theme would be-" Kyoto began, but was cut off.

"Nope," Rika cut in.

"Why?" Tamaki asked. "The sweet smell of tropical fruits, the heat of the sun, and the tanned skin of the Hosts-"

"Exhibit A," Rika interrupted. "It'll damage the instruments."

"We can have them moved-"

"No," Rika insisted. "You can do some other cosplay...something that won't disturb my instruments too much. I have regular classes, you know." Haruhi nodded tiredly, recognizing her sister's attitude.

"Rika, what if we just used the recital reception part of the room?'" she asked. "The host club won't bother your practice, and you can play whatever you like." Rika looked slightly interested.

"Whatever I like you say?" she asked.

"Yes," Tamaki answered quickly. "Anything to make our princesses happy!" Rika smirked at Haruhi as she went to pick up a guitar case.

"Any music they say, any music they get," she muttered, leafing through scores of music by Metallica.

"Is everything alright?" a girl in an Ouran uniform asked. Haruhi smiled nervously.

"Of course," she answered. "Is the music not to your liking?" The girl cringed.

"Perhaps you have some more soothing music? Mozart?" Haruhi sighed.

"Please excuse me for a moment." She crossed the large room to where her sister was shredding on a guitar.

"Rika," she began. The music cut off and Rika looked up at her younger sister.

"Yes?" she asked.

"Ah, our guests would appreciate it if you played something else," Haruhi muttered. Rika blew a long sigh from the corner of her mouth.

"We had a deal," she reminded her sister. "And I can pull my rank as a teacher." Haruhi rolled her eyes.

"We both know that anyone in this room could pull the money card," she said. "Rich bastards." Rika shrugged.

"If they do that they'll get the job of tuning all of my instruments," she answered.

"Or worse...expelled!" Haruhi added. The two sisters laughed briefly, memories of childhood films brought back. Haruhi turned around to leave.

"Phantom of the Opera overture should be enough," she commented as she left. Rika smiled. The rich kid school hadn't changed her sister too much after all.