Our Ouran Fair

The next day the Host Club returned to hosting with their usual flair. Rika spent the day at the piano, plunking out songs in minor keys. The hosts could sense her anxiety and stopped to drop off plates of food between guests. As Kyoya stopped, he tapped her shoulder.

"Kyoya?" she asked, continuing her arpeggio.

"Haruhi's debt is settled," he muttered. Rika's eyebrows shot up and she brought the piece to an abrupt end.

"Pardon?" she asked. Kyoya subtley gestured to the table where Haruhi sat with Éclair. Rika frowned as Honey, Mori, Hikaru, and Kaoru joined them.

"Is Haru-chan okay?" Honey asked. Rika shook her head, clearing it.

"Miss Fujioka?" Kyoya asked. Rika clapped her hands together.

"Are you hosts or not?" she questioned the gathered boys. "Go out and give this last day your all!" Honey smiled softly and nodded.

"Come on Takashi!" he cheered. "Haru-chan is working hard, we will too!" Hikaru and Kaoru followed their example, walking to a table.

"Will you go, Kyoya?" Rika asked. "The club needs you." Kyoya pushed up his glasses and nodded.

"I will," he answered.

The Host Club scrambled to prepare for the closing parade. Kyoya shut his phone and ran to the window.

"Tamaki!" he exclaimed. The rest of the club ran to the window where they saw Tamaki and Éclair riding away in a car. Rika snatched up her phone.

"Can't that girl wait a minute?" she muttered as she dialed the chairman.

"What are you doing?" Kyoya asked.

"I'm cancelling our part in the parade," Rika announced.

"What-"

"You're going to bring that idiot of a host back to Ouran Academy. Go!" She was pushing the hosts out of the room when Mori grabbed her arm.

"Mori?"

"Why aren't you coming?" Mori asked. Rika blinked in surprise.

"You're part of our club, too," Honey reminded her. Rika smiled at the small boy.

"I can't go," she told them.

"Why?" Rika squared her shoulders and raised her chin.

"I'm going to have a word with the chairman."

When Rika stepped into the chairman's office he was facing away from her in his chair.

"Miss Fujioka," he greeted. Rika's brows furrowed.

"Yuzuru," she countered. "What were you thinking?" Yuzuru chuckled bitterly.

"He's paying for my mistakes," he answered. Rika angrily strode to the desk.

"And you are powerless to stop your mother?" she asked. The chairman sighed and Rika slammed her fist onto the desk. "Can you not see that he will be miserable with that girl?" she asked. "And a life of misery in exchange for a chance to see his mother? Would she approve?" She stepped back, chest heaving. Yuzuru spun around to face her and RIka saw that he had dark circles under his eyes.

"I have faith in Tamaki," he finally answered. Rika's eyes coldened.

"And do you expect faith alone to rescue him?" Yuzuru was silent. "No, as we speak my club is pursuing him. Do not put your faith in Tamaki alone. The Ouran High School Host Club is more than capable of returning him." Yuzuru's face broke into a smile and he laughed.