Memories

Rika Fujioka returned to her apartment directly after school. She had free time, and was determined to organize the space where she would be living for the next few months. She had all her boxes in the main room, and had only unpacked the bare necessities. She changed into the first clothes that she found in her boxes, and began.

Rika pulled the framed pictures out of one box, smiling at the faces that looked back up at her. One picture showed her with her father Ranka and Haruhi. Rika was in a dark purple dress, holding a diploma in her hand.

 "I remember that day," Rika mused. "That was the year I graduated early and met Akito. We were two years apart, but we managed to meet in University."

She placed the picture on a table and pulled out another one. This one showed Rika on a large stage. She was dressed in a white dress with a lacy colonial-style sleeves and a full skirt. She was kneeling on the stage with her mouth open in a scream, a man standing behind her with a mask on and a hand raised. Ringlets of black hair spilled over her shoulders Rika smiled at the memory, humming part of the song she had been singing in the picture. She smiled broadly as she remembered the words as she placed the picture on her wall.

 "Those who have seen your face draw back in fear. I am the mask you wear-" 

The next photo was of Rika and Akito. It was a strip from a photo booth, and Rika laughed. In the first photo Rika was smiling whole Akito glared at the camera. In the second Rika was pouting up at him and he was glaring back down at her. In the third his face had melted into a pleasant smile at Rika's own, and in the fourth they were both smiling happily. Another picture revealed Rika poking Akito's cheeks, and yet another showed him glaring at the camera in a pair of cat ears and a holiday sweater.

 "Rika, do I have to wear those?" Akito asked warily as Rika brightly held out the ears.

  "Yup!" Rika replied happily. "If you don't then I won't go to Fuyumi's with you tonight." She and Akito were preparing to go to Akito's sister, Fuyumi's house to for a casual dinner, but Rika had wanted Akito to wear the ears that Fuyumi had sent.

 "Why?" Akito asked. Rika giggled.

 "Because you need to lighten up!" she answered. "Even billionaires put their pants on one leg at a time." Akito sighed, putting on the ears just as Rika snapped a picture.

 "What?" Akito yelled, realizing that he was caught on camera. Rika darted away from his outstretched arm, holding her phone away from him.

 "Nope! I'm sending this to Fuyumi!" she cheered, tapping her screen. A second later Akito ripped off the ears.

 "You can't!" he exclaimed. Rika smiled back at him happily.

 "Oh, but I already have," she answered. "Now let's go!" She swooped in to drop a quick kiss on his cheek and hurried to the door. Akito was left in a stunned silence while he watched Rika's retreating form with a blush forming.

The next photo was one of Rika's sleeping face. She was sprawled on a giant stuffed bear with wrapping paper scattered around on the floor.

 "My birthday," Rika muttered. "The year I was so excited that I fell asleep before I could open my presents and Akito had to wait all day to propose at dinner after I woke up." She smiled fondly at the ring on her finger as she set the picture aside. She finished her pictures and moved to the furniture. She pushed it around until she was satisfied with the design, and collapsed on her couch.

 "I'll finish this later," she muttered. She stood and stumbled to her microwave, ripping open a packet of ramen. Organizing and unpacking could wait. Food came first.

A/N: I typed this up quickly and didn't have time to proof it. As usual, I own nothing but Rika and the plot...

Also, I want to remind you that whenever I see someone vote or comment or view my story I smile. It's nice to see that people like what I do. Criticism is welcome so that I can fix my story!