Dark Side - Chapter One

Start from the beginning

"Where do you wanna sit?" Wren asked breaking me from my mental rant.

"Back of the class all the way." I winked.

"Right this way." He laughed as he guided me through the rows of desks.

I sat down in the desk closest to the wall and he sat in the one right beside me. The whole class sat in silence as Mrs. Thern started going on and on about a proper structured paragraph and essay and the presentations coming up soon. Wren slid a piece of folded paper in front of me and I smiled down at it. Picking it up I unfolded it and had to bite back laughter as I read it.

    Mrs. Thern looks hot with the hole in her jeans, eh? He had scrawled across the paper in messy writing

    Stop checking out the teacher man. I wrote back.

    I can't help it; I'm trying to figure out why her loving family didn't tell her.

    Maybe they cut the hole, I wouldn't doubt it.

    Have you seen her kid? Naww he wouldn't do that he's too cute.

    Hey you can't quote me, no fair!

    He was innocent at the time wasn't he?

    Ha ha ha, he still is..... She has a daughter doesn't she?

    Ohhh so it's all the girls fault, I see.

    Good then we're on the same page.

    Yeah, stupid bitch cut a hole in Thern's jeans.

I smacked him lightly in the arm, but started laughing as I noticed the hole he was talking about. It was right in the middle of her jeans just above her butt, and you could probably fit a hand through it. I turned my laugh into a cough as she turned around looking for the guilty party. Wren and I both looked off in different directions acting like nothing happened until she turned around again. We wrote down the note she had started but still chuckled about it as we went. I was surprised the rest of the class hadn't noticed yet, but then again it was kind of lucky that they didn't. Mrs.Thern was a delicate thing and she probably would've cried if the whole class laughed at her. Wren and I still spent the entire class being goofy and probably mildly annoying about it though. I finished my work quickly and sat back relaxing as we made puns and jokes. Then the bell rang and my little piece of happiness was over. I grabbed my books and headed off to art. I always took art every time I was in school. I loved letting the artist inside take control and plus I always got to school my brothers when they took it with me.

Wren grabbed my hand as we walked down the hall, "Meet me outside for lunch today, alright?" He questioned

"Yeah sure, you wanna avoid population today?" I smirked

"No, it's just so damn nice out." He smiled as we passed the big upper floor windows.

He had a point, it was gorgeous outside. I always got nervous going out in the sun though. It wasn't that I would turn to ashes or sparkle but my powers are significantly weaker, and it's not the best feeling. But I smiled and nodded at him letting him know I was excited to go out with him. So I stored my worries in the back of my mind letting the fresh thoughts of anything different come in. We were almost at the art room when Darrin walked in-between us purposely breaking our hands apart. I stuck my tongue out at him and he only laughed back as he ran into the classroom. I smiled up at Wren one last time and kissed him on the cheek before chasing after my brother into the class.

I laughed at him as he sat in one of the stools acting like an innocent person. I hit him in the arm as I sat down beside him and tried to ignore the attention from all the girls in the class he got.