🌹 {Chapter 26} 🌹

Dreams Beyond The Feature

Petra's Pov

I found myself in the forest. It was dark, misty, isolated. "Hello?!" I shouted, "Jesse? Is....is anyone here?" There was no answer. Suddenly, I glanced behind me, darkness...pitch black began engulfing what seemed like trees and bushes behind me. Natural instinct...I ran in the opposite direction. I tripped on a rock....the darkness caught up with me. Void. nothingness in every direction. I heard screaming. I faded away. I screamed. It all blacked out.

"........P......P...a...tra...PETRA?!" I awoke to the sight of Jesse's worried face, "J-Jesse?" I said started, then suddenly I realized I was sobbing, "Are you ok? You began screaming and crying, Kicking around...I tried waking you up, shaking you over and over again," he told me, his voice shaking....I could still see a glimpse of worry in his eyes, "Y...Yeah Jesse I'm ok," I tried reassuring him I was ok with such a foolish excuse, sadly...Jesse knows me too well to know that if I'm screaming in my sleep, something isn't right, "Come on Petra I've known you for too long....what's wrong, what did you dream?" He held up my chin and made eye contact, "Let me help you...." He whispered, "Jesse...n-nothing's wrong, I didn't dream anything...I swear!" He held me closer to his chest, "Please don't lie to me....it....it aches my heart to know your not ok," He seemed worried enough, why did I have to make it worse by lying to him?! "Tell me what happened.....what, you dreamt," I took a deep breath, exhaled, and began protesting my story.

"I was trapped in a forest, no where to go, suddenly it looked like darkness was closing in on me, I tried to run away but..." I stopped and looked down until Jesse took my hand, I looked at him, "But what?" He asked, "I tripped and fell....then everything went black, and...I heard screaming. That's when I- uhh....you, woke me up," I sorta felt embarrassed, I didn't want to look weak in from of him but to my dismay Jesse wrapped his comforting arms around me, "Don't worry, I'm here...I'll always be here for you, wherever you may roam on this planet, I'll be with you," I guess Jesse was trying to say 'I love you?' His loving words stuck in my heart, I exhaled loudly and hugged him back, "I love you too Jesse~" He slightly chuckled.

After what felt like thousands of years in Jesse's warm embrace, he finally let go and kissed me lightly on my forehead, "It's still pretty late, do you wanna go back to sleep or do something else?" He asked, playing in my hair, "I uhh....I'm still...tired?" I said inbetween yarns, slightly closing my eyes. Jesse quietly laughed at my response and gently pushed me down on the bed, "Good night princess~" with his words, he kissed my cheek and spread the blanket over both of us. I wonder what that crazy dream ment? I thought to myself. I mentally gasped when I felt Jesse's arms smoothly slide around my waist and his well built chest pressed up against my back; I felt really anxious at this point. Jesse and I have done this All the time....why am I so arduous?! "Go to sleep Petra...your safe with me~" Jesse breathed into my ear which went shivers down my spine, then he starts kissing my neck, "J-Jesse?" Why is he doing this? Why here? Why now?! "What's wrong Pet~?" Pet?! I sorta don't like the idea of him calling me 'pet' "Can we go to sleep now?" I asked hoping he would stop his teasing. I don't know why, but I wasn't in the mood for this, "Sure, but I'll warn you...if you want me to stop now I will continue another time~" I giggled and shook my head. Jesse still hugged my waist as we both fell asleep once more.

* * *

Jesse's Pov

I woke up to the sight of Petra's peaceful sleeping face, she looked so cute~! I checked the time, 4:27am. I yawned and stretched my arms and legs, deciding weather to make breakfast or shower first. Hmm, I'll shower first and make breakfast for Mrs. Sleeping Beauty over here~ I got up, making sure not to wake up Petra and went to the bathroom.

After taking a shower I went to the kitchen and checked the calender...November 7?! Wait....it's almost Christmas, since when?!

Comment, Vote, Share.
Thank you for reading!