🌹 {Chapter 25} 🌹

It's In Your DNA

Jesse's Pov

It was one of the most busy days of my life, according to my memory the last time my day was so overwhelmed with work was when the Witherstorm roamed the world in the process of devouring it. I swiftly ran across my office, collecting important documents for Becontown and signing my signature to approve of whatever the town needed. Radar tried to help as much as he could which was appreciated. I hadn't seen Petra today tho...nor have I talked to her, I feel so guilty. My face remained gloomy and bitter like the weather beyond the sky today. "Hey Jesse, you ok?" I heard Radar say as he sorted the enormous piles of folders. I glanced at him and looked back down at the document I was reading, "I'm ok...." I tried to lie and hope for the best but....I knew I couldn't hide the fact that I missed Petra, "Come on Jesse, I've worked with you for more than 5 years and I know when your lying..." His truthful words felt like knives, I felt broken without Petra. Wait...why am I acting like this?! It's not like I have to be with her 24/7....she has her life to live too...UGH! I just stared out the window blankly as my thoughts battled with another.

"Uhh...Jesse?" Radar swiped his hand up and down in front of my face as I snapped back to reality, "Oh, I'm sorry Radar...let's get back to work," Thoughts rushing through my head, I decided to get my mind off Petra so I could finish the rest of my duties.

I tried concentrating on the paperwork laid out on the surface of my desk, nothing worked...the only thing I concentrated on was Petra. Her name made my legs weak, why am I so vulnerable around her? It's just her personality...her cute face....NO! I. need. To. Concentrate! I placed my hand on my forehead and sighed as if the world was resting on my shoulders, "Jesse, go...go and find Petra," I look up at Radar, he stood in front of my desk. I shook my head 'no', "No Radar...I can say and finish toda-" I was interrupted, "Jesse, Its ok...I'll finish up whatever documents we have to sign, I can do it, you can't right now..." He said, warmly smiling. I felt overjoyed, I stood up and bear hugged him, "Thank you..." I said, backing away from the hug, "No problem boss!" Without another breath, I quickly ran out of my office with a burst of speed and ran home to where I knew Petra would be.

Petra's Pov

I was home, didn't bother to go out today because of how gloomy the weather was. I didn't talk to Jesse today, nor did I see him because he left early for work. I laid on his....uhhh, our bed...and just stared up at the ceiling, thinking about him. I felt a gaping hole in my heart, longing to be in his comforting arms again, wishing he'd come home early today. I sighed and ventured off to the kitchen. "Oh boy...it's such a mess in here..." I exclaimed, my eyes growing larger as I 'ohh'd', remembering that last night, after we came home from the beach, we ate dinner and just dumped the plates in the sink...not washing them, "Well, Jesse isn't coming home anytime soon, might as well get this kitchen sparkly clean....might help me take my mind off Jesse~"

I began washing up the wares, the warm waters came in contact with my skin as I began thinking of Jesse again. How are you still stuck in my head?! I thought as I began packing the clean dishes in the dish rack. I instantly thought of the song DNA.... "Does he tell you he loves you when you least expect it," I began to sing,
"Does he flutter your heart when he kisses your neck," I began to clear the counter, "No scientist, or biology, it's obvious, when he's holding me, it's only natural that in so affected," I was so caught up in my singing that I didn't even realize Jesse was leaning against the doorway to the kitchen, watching and listening to me.

Jesse's Pov

I ran home, panting heavily...I stood in front of the door and began to catch my breath; I heard singing...Petra? Is Petra singing? I opened the front door slowly and quietly, peeping my head through the crack, Petra's voice was coming from the kitchen. I walked over and saw her, gracefully sweeping. I leaned on the door way, crossing my arms and smirked as I listened to her soft voice, "And my heart won't beat again if I can't feel him in my veins, No need to question, I already know," She sang with passion, she was so adorable~ my little angle, "It's in his DNA, D-D-D-DNA, Its in his DNA and he just takes my breath away~ B-B-B-Breath away, I feel it everyday and that's what makes a man, not hard to understand. Perfect in everyway, I see it in his face, nothing more to say, it's in his D-..........." She stopped as he turned around and saw me standing there.

No One's Pov

Petra stood there, frozen as a statue with her eyes opened wide with surprise, "J-Jesse?" She finally broke the silence, "Yes princess~?" He replied, walking up to her and wrapping both his arms around her waist, looking down at her with a smirk spread across her face. She was still shocked, Jesse came home early? She thought to herself, "Why so shocked princess~?" Jesse said, leaning closer to her. She dropped the broom that was in her hand and placed her hands on his chest, slowly moving them around his neck, "Jesse...I, I didn't know you came home, early..." She said, breathless, Why does he make me weak? Petra thought, "I never knew you thought so much about me~" He flirted, "Jesse...your making me weak~" She stated, wanting to kiss him, "Good~"

They both leaned towards each other and as there lips collided, Petra suddenly felt her knees tremble. Jesse chuckled and attempted to pull away but Petra didn't want to. They moved from the kitchen to the bedroom, both of them collapsing on their bed, "Mmph~" They both pulled away from the kiss and panted. Jesse laid beside her and chuckled, "Y'know princess...your an extremely extraordinary singer," He complimented her, "Aww, ya big sap...thanks Jesse," She stated, turning to her side to face him, admiring his emerald galaxy, "Thanks for what?" He questioned her, "For being there for me...when I felt alone, and all those...feely stuff," she said with a short giggle after.

Petra's Pov

I was so overjoyed that Jesse came home early...it's nice to have him in my presents, I hope he doesn't feel like I want him around 24/7....I just, really want to spend time with him. "Petra?" I snapped to reality as Jesse warmly smiled at me, "Hmm?" I responded, "I don't suppose...you and I could take a nap?" He hopefully asked, yawning shortly after, "I'm really tired." I looked up at him and giggled, "Alright, let's take a nap," I got the blanket and we spread it over us, as soon as I glanced at Jesse he was knocked out cold, "Sleep tight Jesse~" I kissed him on his cheek and snuggled close to his chest. I soon feel asleep and drifted off into dream land...

Waa? Where am I? W-Who are you?

Comment, Vote, Share.
Thank you for reading!