🌹 {Chapter 7} 🌹

I'll Always Be By Your Side

Jesse was bleeding uncontrollably on the cold concrete floor, Aiden charged at Jesse to finish him of but Petra defending Jesse, she grabbed a bottle of wine and and broke it on his forehead, Lucas, Olives, Axel and Petra quickly ran towards Jesse. Petra with experience, ripped cloth of his shirt and wrapped it around his wound. Petra and Jesse looked at each other, "Jesse please say with me!" Petra said as a flood of tears fell from her eyes. Jesse held her hand tightly, "I'll always be by your side." Jesse replied in pain before passing out, the last words he heard were, "Jesse, I love you..."

The sound of sirens filled the streets, the blue and red flashing lights all around town as a medical team took Jesse to the hospital. Petra insisted that she come with him in the ambulance. Lucas and Alex held Aiden hostage till the cops arrived. Aiden was sent back to sky city and was placed in prison for a lifetime.

Petra's Pov

In the ambulance the medical team hooked up tubes to Jesse injecting liquid medicine into his bloodstream, I sat next to him and held his hand tightly praying to Notch to save his life. The ambulance finally reached the hospital and Jesse was placed in the emergency room, "Please, wait outside and we will inform you of anything happens," The doctor said. "W-Will he b-be ok?" I nervously said while I whipped my eyes. "I will do my best," The doctor informed me and entered the Sergey Room. I pasted the floor outside the surgery room hoping, praying, that everything would be ok, "I'll always be by your side," Jesse last words echoed in my mind before he passed out. I sat down and I saw I picture of Jesse and I before we were heros, just like that I bursted into tears, "Is this it? I finally found my one true love and he's gone just like that HUH?!" I shouted and fell to the ground. "NO, that WON'T happen! Jesse will be fine!" I assured myself. I whipped my tears and held my head high.

Axel, Olivia and Lucas came, Lucas asked me if Jesse came out, I said no and I really don't wanna talk about it. They now knew that Jesse and I were a couple now, I knew they didn't was to bring the topic because they were smart enough to know that I would get emotional again. I waited outside the room for basically the whole night. Axel Olivia and Lucas later fell asleep but I couldn't fall asleep with the situation at hand.

* * *

No One's Pov ♦

The doctor came out close to dawn to inform us that Jesse was fine, still alive and was guaranteed a full recovery! "Jesse is awake now, would you like to see him?" The doctor asked Petra. Everyone but Petra was asleep so she went in alone. As she entered the room, she saw Jesse with bandages wrapped around his waist. Petra started to laugh with joy while crying, she sat down on a chair next to Jesse's bed and held his hand tightly, "I thought lost you! Don't ever do that to me again, you here me?!" Petra begged as her tears fell on the bed. Jesse whipped her tears away, "What did I 'princess', I'll always be by your side," they both smiled at each other. "Apparently, when he got the injury, Aiden also managed to cause trauma in Jesse's brain leaving him traumatized and in a coma for 5 hours." the doctor said. "A coma? Why didn't you tell me?" Petra complained. "Sometimes some things are best left secrets, the mind has a way of giving you fear even when it's not real, I didn't tell you because it wouldn't feel right making you worry, besides, everything is ok now." the doctor said. "Well thank you anyway, for saving the only reason why I live today," Petra said while looking into Jesse's eyes. "I'll give you two some time," the doctor said while exiting the the room. Jesse and I both looked at each other with pure joy. Jesse said up, he felt pain in his stomach but he didn't care, Petra leaned in, so did Jesse and they kissed as the sun rose for her another day.

Jesse's Pov (At the time after he passed out)

The last thing I remembered was Petra's worried voice saying, "Jesse, I love you," that echoed through my mind. I woke up in a dark room, then there was light and I could see Petra sitting outside crying. We were at the hospital next to the Surgery Room, I was confused, I asked her what's wrong but it's like she didn't hear me. I proceeded to hold her shoulder but my hand went right through her. I stood there in fear and confusion. Was I dead? No! It can't be, I thought to myself. Then I entered the Sergey room, I walked right through the walls to see myself? I was on a hospital bed, tubes and doctors surrounded me trying to keep me alive.

* * *

All I remember after that is waking up to a doctor, I think his name was Steve or something, but he said that Petra was waiting outside and said if I wanted her to come and see me. I said yes of course, Petra and I talked for a while and watched the sun rise for her another day. I was happy to finally see her happy again. I sat up, I felt pain in my stomach but I didn't care, she kissed me and I kissed back. "I love you Petra," I said. "I love you to Jesse," she said to me we hugged each other while the sun rose, I had my Princess in my arms again, and that's all that matters.

Comment, Vote, Share.
Thank you for reading!