Authors note

Have you ever felt alone, ashamed or afraid? If you have, then, unfortunately, I can relate.

In this fictional depiction of events inspired by my life, I share the pain that was forced upon me like a dreadful disease.

My life was not my own. This book is an accumulation of various facets that detail my life, from a neglected child to a traumatized youth.

Through each chapter, I stare into abnormalities' ugly face and confront it head-on. Endurance has birthed numbness that helps me escape the torture of my emotions. Yet, when I am alone, thoughts of times past revisit me and play out like a dramatic thriller. Physical and mental abuse was the norm for the first few years, and as a result, it deformed the way I thought, the way I lived, and the way I loved.

I am not alone as a victim of such a past. I am in the company of many who are survivors of physical, mental and emotional abuse. We share an unfortunate commonality in our experiences that removed all normality and replaced it with pain. As I tell my story, I share yours as well, and may we heal together. I say to you; it is time for you to stand.

I know you will be afraid to rise from the floor that bore your brutality. There will be times when everything you've been through will try to overtake you all at once. Your perception of failure will cause you to submit to its disparity and bully you into giving up on the possibility of what could be. I know the quivering sounds of the abused, and as on who endured it, I will not be silent or leave you alone to suffer in fear. With my life's story, I carry our message to the world, telling everyone of our pain. Speaking on behalf of our quieted voices, I say this:

Never give up, never give in, and never lose faith. You must and will become a survivor.