Chapter Sixty Seven: The Fake King

It was a day after, that the school looked more filled then before. Even with only two people in the dorm corridors, it still seemed pretty full to me.

The corridors were filled with graffiti and rubbish. Old wooden panels that seemed to peel off the wall and fall onto the ground. I kick a few around before leaving with no care in the world.

I pass the commoners room but walk backwards to enter. The room is a little empty with the chess members playing in the corners, where the tables were set up. I notice the same guy who threw the knife, sharpening a differnet knife close to the chess members. I approach him and stand there, waiting for him to notice me.

"Yes, Phoenix?" He looks up with a smile.

"Whatcha doing?"

"Me? Nothing." He replies. "I'm actually trying to sharpen my knife." He says, not looking up.

"It looks sharp enough."

"It does, but it isn't. You know it's sharp when it can slice in motion." He holds it upwards. "You wanna try? I'll use your wrist as an example." He looks at me with a wicked smirk.

"No thanks." I instantly reject, running out of the commoners room.

I feel my blood go cold and heart racing violently. I begin to shake as I turn the corner. What's up with that year nine? He's one of the few that get my blood going cold.

~

I turn the corner and see Troy talking to a teacher.

"No, sir." He replies. "I didn't see any-"

"Don't think about lying." The teacher frowns, pointing at Troy before walking away.

Troy groans in anger and rubs his eyes. I stand there for a moment, deciding what I should do. "Phoenix, I saw you before the teacher left. And he left in your direction too." Troy says, staring at me.

"Hey, Troy." I say.

"Good to see you." He smiles. "You seen the others yet?"

"Nope" I say, popping the 'p'. Troy smiles and puts his clipboard towards his chest. "But what was that about?"

"Me and the teacher? He accused me of stealing a detention pass, which I did, of course, steal." He holds a detention free pass and hands it to me. "You need three for three detention free. One for each detention free." Troy explains, pulling another one out of his blazer.

"Five for a suspension free. Fifteen for an expulsion free." Troy smiles.

"Just how hard are these to get?" I ask, amazed at these detention free slips.

"Very hard. I snagged these from the head of English department, they've got a lot but they hide it. The hiding spot always changes." Troy informs. "I'll be off, use those wisely. They're a really good trade if you need something."

"Thanks." I wave as Troy speed walks around the corner.

~

I go back to the third floor of the dorm and look out onto the bridge. I cover my eyes and begin grunting as something very shiny lands into my eyes. "Be careful with that!" I hear someone shout. While covering my eyes, I look to see who the person is.