Chapter thirty nine: What Kelvin remembers

Kelvin POV
We take it back to when Pheonix had finished telling her story.

After Phoenix told her story, I sit there. So, she got expelled. Yes. She's betting with her step mum. Yes. She thinks this is a game? Our friendship is a fucking game? Is her life a bet? To see if she fucking would live or die. I'm guessing, yes. I just sit there.

I lean back against the chair and just sit there. I suddenly hear Leo talking and I look up, wondering what the conversation is going to be like. I can't wait to see this.

"You're using us? You want us to help so you can win a bet with your step mum?" Leo wonders. Such.Soft.Talking!

"No, I'm not." Phoenix denies. "You guys are my friends."

I nearly laugh at that. What a load of shit. Friends? This friendship must be a game to her. As I said, everything must be a bet. Let's see who can get the more friends. Let's see who can whip the class with the best grades! Let's see who can fuck up someone's life.

I scoff at this with an eye roll. I glance at my brother sitting across me, he comforts her?! The fuck?! he fucking, comforts her as if nothing is wrong! Can I even call this guy my brother or twin!? I'm being played and my brother is about to as well.

I stand up with force, pushing the table. I hear the clutter of everything on the table, it catches everyone by surprise. I look down at Phoenix. She looks up at me, such....eyes..... The eyes of the liar....The eyes of someone who tells all these lies that not everyone knows about.

I hate people like her.

I'm about to call her out.

"You're using us?" I say, Phoenix looks confused. "For your. Selfish. Reasons?" I point out using my index finger to point at her. The guys try to calm me down but I glare at them before returning my start to Phoenix.  "You think we want to help you? We don't want to. You're just using us for the sake of yourself. Who cares? Just give up what you love doing, it's called taking one for the team. Ever heard of that? I'm kind of questioning it." I sneer at her.

She rubs her eyes, oh, great. Phoenix glances at her knees then at me. Full attention on me. I can continue now.

"This is why I hate females. They're all bitches! They use and abuse! That's all their good for! None are helpful at all! They only know how to be useless, use people and be a bitch!" I start. "I thought you were different from other females, you're not! You're exactly the same. You're such a bitch, Phoenix! You have no right to call other people one when you're one too!" I finish my little 'speech' and sit down while panting. I notice Phoenix, her gaze ends up avoiding mine.

That shut her up. Finally.

"You went too far, bro." Kevin says to me. Like I care. I couldn't less about what they say.

"Phoenix." Leo says with a guilty face. Why are we all puckering up to her? Fuck her, I've had enough of this shit.

"Kelvin, calm your fucking ass." Ryan growls. Everybody gives me a quick angered glance.

"Kelvin, I get it. You don't like girls. But honestly, man, that doesn't solve anything." Daniel argues.

"Oh, yeah, Kelvin is the bad guy in this. Oh, right. Phoenix, should be for this situation. She's using us for her own sake. Nobodies getting angry at this?" I say, scoffing offended.

"You're the only one, getting angry at this." Kevin says. I hear a creak and see Phoenix stands up. She going to slap me?

"I'm going, home. It's alright. You don't have to worry about helping me. I can find a way out myself." She says to us. A water drop comes down her cheek, my eyes widening. Phoenix tries to cover her face to prove she's not crying. "Sorry, for asking for-" her voice cracks and my cheeks go red"-help."

Phoenix slams the money on the table and quickly leaves without a word or even looking back. Guess I did take it to far. The table is silent and all of a sudden everything flashes before me. I'm on the ground, facing the ceiling. Shouting and the diner going berserk.

"Troy!" Everyone shouts. Kevin helps me back up as I manage to stay on my knees. He pats my back and I touch my nose to see it's bleeding. I look up and see Troy standing there, he pushed the table and everyone stands up. Troy holds his fist and I give him an evil smirk.

"The fuck, dude?" I snap. Troy doesn't say anything.

"Seems someone is really looking for a fight." I roll my sleeves up and Troy does the same and loosens the first button of shirt.

"Guys, don't fight here." Daniel says.

"Daniel, wrong advice. DON"T FUCKING FIGHT!" Leo says through gritted teeth.

(A/N gets kind of racist here, for those who get triggered easily and are probably the country. I'm apologise but this is for the sake of Kelvin's character. I'M SO SORRY).

"Fuck outta here, it's between me and this Korean mother asshole." I growl.

"I'm not Korean, I'm Chinese." Troy scoffs.

"What the fuck ever." I roll my eyes.

~

A day later
PHOENIX POV

I lean back against the chair, ring rolling around my fingers. I stare at it for a while, it reflects me off of the gold. My reflection is disappointed and sad, I mean, who wouldn't be? I just called a bitch by someone I thought I could call a friend and even worse, nobody said anything.

What great friends.

I see Crystal come back with two cups. One, I think is coffee and the other being a beverage of who know what. I take the cup she passes and take a sip. It's hot chocolate. I fiddle with the cup, moving it around my hands, circling. "What did you want to talk about?" She wonders, "I only returned this morning. Yet you wanted to talk to me."

"About that school offer?" I rub my thumb over the rim of the coffee lid. Crystal glances at me then around the area.

"The school of my choice?"

"Yeah, that option." I nod in agreement. "I don't mind attending, I'll give up this style."

"Whatever you want." She runs a hand through her knotty hair. Her makeup wasn't properly done and looks rushed. It's obvious she didn't have the best sleep in the world. "Are you really sure, I mean, you seem to be feeling and looking a little better from being at that school."

"What do you mean by looking better?"

"You look a little happier." Crystal softy smiles. I look down at the table then back up. "If you want to see the school, here." Crystal reaches into her bag and pulls out a booklet and places it on the table. I pick it up gently and flip it, skimming through.

"You're telling me-" I look at Crystal with disbelief.

"Yeah, that's why, do you want to double check?"

"Fuck it, yes, I'll do it." I slam the ring on the table and stand up. "I"m going home, I'll walk. This place isn't even far from the house." I turn my head and begin walking out of the cafe. The place was empty and Crystal was the only person inside.

She watches me leave and I look around. The traffic is busy and I decide, let's not go home. How about a visit to the old friends. I mean, they're probably better friends than the other guys.

~