Chapter one: The girl with the boys name

Beware, contains swearing.

Enjoy the book.

~

I was given a curse when I was born

I was given a curse when I was born. People don't like their names because it doesn't sound cool or nice or spectacular! Why don't you live my life? It's a challenge.

When you have a bo- no UNISEX name it's impossible to tell what gender you are especially if you have a name which sounds more of the gender you aren't.... Example, Quinn: people won't tell what gender you are until you meet them. But for me people quickly assume I'm a guy.

My name is Phoenix Quinn and because of what I've just done that is the reason why I'm in here. I'm a girl just so you know, I don't want you to think I'm a guy when I'm not. Don't worry about how I act because my step mum thinks its a phase. I swear, it's not. I was raised to be lady like but when the people around you make you angry its impossible to be lady like in that situation.

~

"What do you mean you can't?!" I had a packet of chips beside me as I was listening to the conversation inside the office.

"Mrs Phoenix. Are you alright? You should sit on a chair, or a pillow at least. Not on the dirty ground." Kingston suggested. He had a clean shave, and grey mustache. "Also, do you need anything?"

"No, not really. Unless you can get me a new step mum." I joke. Kingston sighed, shaking his head while I was just giggling at my own joke. "I'm kidding Kingston."

"I know, Phoenix. I'll be off to pick up your little sister, would you like to accompany?"

"Nah, all goods. I'm waiting for Crystal to finish." I said. Then I heard the sound of things being smashed, that was my cue to enter. Or maybe not.

"Damn it! Now listen hear, if you don't accept her I will come over there and twist your balls so hard they will rip off and once they are gone I'll make sure to feed them to my dogs." Crystal threatened and then I heard the phone being snapped. I don't even remember having dogs, wait, we don't have any dogs. And how does one break a phone, well, lucky it's not a Nokia.

I clear my throat as I saw Crystal calmly sit on the seat. "Is it safe to come in?"

"Your already in might as well." Crystal swept her clothing free of dust. I safely sat on the seat in front of her but was actually in front of her desk.

"Who was that?" I asked as I held my bag of chips and began eating from it. Crystal looked down at her phone and then her eyes had spark in them.

"Out now! Now!" She ordered, I got up and left towards the door not looking back. I then decided stay because I didn't  have anything better to do.

In my house we have about five employees - the maid, and the garderners.  Kingston however is an employee but I consider him more of a family as he's been around my whole life. He took care of me when my dad or Crystal weren't around.

"Then she told me to draw something. I did!" A giggly voice shot me. I saw my little sister Lilian running through the house with her red back pack, orangey brown hair tied in pig tails and dimples as she smiled. She looked similar to my dad, not a feature of Crystal except for the eyes. "Hello, Phoenix!" She greeted, hugging me. My happiness was here, someone that kept me company through out when I was bored and the servants were not available to talk to.

"Hey, Lilian." I laughed as I picked her up from the ground. She started to giggle and I did too, for a small person she brought so big joy. If that makes sense.

"Mrs Phoenix, Crystal would like to see you." Kingston said. I looked at him as I held Lilian in my arms. I put her on the ground carefully making sure she doesn't hurt herself.

~

I closed the door behind me and I sat down on the chairs where I was before. Crystal stood behind her desk smiling at me as she did. Crystal broke the silence, talking first.

"You got expelled from school."

"Yes."

"You punched a girl in the face."

"Uh huh."

"Now your sitting in front of me."

"Okay."

"You are now going to he-"

"Did you just suddenly become a gypsy out of those few minutes you were talking to the phone?" I questioned, getting annoyed. I don't like talk that have no meaning to it like if someone starts randomly describing their cake to me, I don't need to know everything about it and it has nothing to do with anything.

"Okay, let me get to the point. You've been expelled from three schools right?"

"Yeah I have. You should know this because its you who mainly looks after me."

"Well about that, despite the fact your dad is a well known man for business unfortunately they know your dad and you.... however you're infamous to them. They don't want one person to damage their entire school."

"So what are you trying to say here?"

"That the schools we want you to go to don't want you. Only one school wants you."

"Which is?" I asked.

"McLienster high."

"Oh, fancy." I said, laughing. She smiled with me.

"There are dorms there for you to stay. Would you like to stay there? It's your choice, not really but its fine. You can fit in there perfectly." Crystal reassured, she was holding my hand now and I was looking deep into her blue eyes. When I look into those eyes for some reason I see something back into my past, something I don't want to know but i feel like I need to know to complete... a piece.

"Really? Will it be worth leaving family and friends behind?" I asked. She nodded.

"You get to see us on the holidays, don't worry." Crystal smiled.

I trust Crystal on things but this may be the last thing I trust her for. I never want to trust her again. Not after what I'm going through.

Who knew where I'd actually be was an all boys school.

~

Twitter - @Safya_firework

//Authors note\\

Okay if you are wondering for why I am updating this again is because I wanted to make changes to things, by changes I mean everything. There may be some irrelevant parts but they will have some use in the story and for those expecting some maybe humorous jokes I'm not sure if I'm going to be that funny because if they can't make you laugh then I'm not funny at all and this book may have some feel trips because it could turn deep in some chapters. Spoiler. I'll also post the others chapters really fast because I'm like tired, thanks!

Anyways.

Don't forget to comment if you enjoyed it and voting as well.

If you've got puns I don't mind hearing them because I'd love to include them in my books.

Peace!

Yandere_Firework.