Chapter sixty three: R-Y-A-N

"I swear on my grandfather's grave." I raise my hands.

Ryan POV

As the school days were coming closer, I realised the holidays were limiting. No longer would it be "hell hounds," it'd just be me. We'd all go our seperate ways before finding our own meaning of life- and I've just gone to deep.

Shit, I've done it again, Ryan.
Wait, that's not even my real name.

I pull out my phone and try to text Phoenix who doesn't reply. "Hey, Joey." I knock on the door..no reply.. I knock on the door louder this time and I get a reply.

"WHAT?!" Joey screams.

"Help me out." I say. "Phoe-" Joey swings the door open and smiles, leaning against the door.

"Anything for Phoenix." Joey grins like an idiot.

"For all you know, I could've said Phoebe."

"But you don't know a Phoebe." Joey replies.

"You don't know who I know."

"Maybe, I don't know who you know but I know that you know that I do know you don't know someone called Phoebe." Joey pants, saying that one sentence in one go. I pat his back.

"How about you just drive me?" I suggest.

~

Just as I'm about to leave the house with Joey, the front door swings open. I bump into Joey who pulls me to the couch and we tumble backwards. Joey grunts in pain and I stand up, being sure to crush Joey a little more. He shoves me off him and I laugh.

"Take a joke, mate." I ruffle his hair.

"No, I don't want your life." Joey retorts back. "Your life is a joke."

"As well as that condom but look..here we are." I smirk. Joey mocks my laugh and looks up. A real smile sits on his face and he leans against the couch.

"It's Quentin." Joey chuckles.

"..and it's the two idiots." He replies. I stand up and look at Quentin who holds all the shopping. "If you're going to stand there, don't be useless. At least try to help me. If not, I'll send you back to mum or dad." Quentin rolls his eyes, Joey grabs two bags while I grab one.

"Oh, yeah." Quentin says, he glances at the door and I see a familiar face pop through. "I found Phoenix."

"I was looking for her!" I smile.

"Were you searching your house for me?" Phoenix blinks, carrying a bag of apples. We all walk down the hallway and I stare at Phoenix.

"What is it, Ryan?" She asks. Breathing out loudly.

"You get a haircut?" I strangely smile.

"No. My hair is growing." Phoenix replies.

"Contact lenses?"

"No."

"Piercing?"

"I don't even have an ear piercing!" Phoenix growls.