Chapter eleven: Dinner party, Part 1

I had woken up on a Tuesday  to have the whole entire house being dusted from level one to three. Vacuumed in every single corner, under furniture, on the roof even in places nobody knew existed. 

"Phoenix, get up." Crystal ordered as she held a bucket filled with cleaning stuff. She shoved it into my arms and I stumbled back a little at the force. "You're cleaning the windows, all of the windows." 

"Why me?! What about Kingston and the other servants." 

"They have set off to do other stuff that involve food." Crystal smiled, she lifted my sheets to make my bed. "Also, clean your room. It's a mess." She pointed at the pillows that were not on the couch but near the windows. "Also, check under the chairs if there is anything as well as behind your draws." 

"Since when is someone going to check behind?" 

"It could be." She shrugged. "Anyways, we have guests tomorrow so I need you to hurry along." We have all day, I don't understand. 

"How long is cleaning going to take?" I asked, heading towards my window and setting everything down. I pulled out a rag and squirted the window with chemicals before wiping it to make it sparkly and seem like someone can walk straight through it. I loved to prank people like that when I was given detentions.

"About this whole day, tomorrow we will do finishing touches and yeah." Crystal looked around my room to see if there was anything else to clean. She stared for a few minutes as I was working on the second window. "Also, do you know a Danny?"

I thought. "Yeah....why?" I hesitated to answer. 

"Nope, just curious. He's coming to dinner so you-" 

"What?!" I jumped up. "You can't let me wear a skirt or any of the female clothing." 

"For what reasons?" 

"He comes to McLienster. He'll know my secret if I wear a skirt!" Crystal shrugged. 

"I was trying to make you more girly like but seems you can't get rid of your tomboyish side. You may wear some clothing that is a boys clothing, I think this was the only time you were willing to wear a skirt." Crystal fake cried. 

"Thank you." I smiled. This is actually half your fault that I go to McLienster.

~Wednesday~

A day after my arms felt like they were going to fall off. I also get to see my dad after not seeing him for quite along time since all he ever does is stay in his office and cram shit into his brain. If he's out of the house he's at work discussing more shit. 

I had gotten to the kitchen to see Kingston at the counters. He was reading the paper with a cup of coffee beside him. He wore a different tux from the one he wears everyday, he must be joining us with dinner tonight. Well, he is part of the family. 

Crystal brought up a tray of cookies and placed them on a cooling rack. She smiled, "Kingston mind tasting it?" 

"Pleasure." Kingston reached for a cookie and I slowly approached. I watched as he took a bite, he smiled but when Crystal turned around he spat it out which made me snort. 

"Is it nice?" 

"Mm, v-very." He lied, I grabbed for one and I smiled at how the texture was. Crunchy but soft hope this wasn't going to be like Daniel's car- I squinted, spitting the cookie out in the bin. I coughed and grabbed for water. 

"Ew, the fuck is that?!" I coughed,  nearly gagging. "Taste horr-"

"Kingston likes it. What you on about?" Crystal reached for a cookie. Soon putting it back down after my one bite. "What do I do with the left over?" 

"We'll figure something out, Mrs Crystal." Kingston smiled. "Perhaps a dessert." 

"Nice suggestion. Better start working on it." Crystal clapped happily. 

~

I got to the room and started to change into clothes that were picked out from Eloise the maid. I changed quickly and decided to head to the dinning room.

When I got there it seemed like the normal place. Candles were gently lit while the plates were all stacked nicely as well as space for the food to be placed. The theme of the table seemed to be cream colored. I picked up the cutlery studying the table not before the door bell rung. 

I could hear the excitement of people enter the room. I plastered a fake smile as I was usually told to do, I had to greet the guests. This is going to be great, sarcasm

I reached the entrance room to find my dad who likes to be called father with the guests, Crystal and Lilian chatting with the mum. Actually, Lilian was chatting with the older girl.

"Hello, you must be the son of the Quinn residence." The man greeted. Mr Adams and his wife, Mrs Adams. 

"Yes, sir. It's a honor to meet you." I smiled, bowing slightly. Mr Adams held a hand for me to take which I did. We both shook, Mr Adams gripped my hand and as he released my hand I begun shake my hand since it was hurting. Mrs Adams smiled at me as she passed me. 

"Hello, Phoenix. It's nice to see you again." Daniel politely said. When his parents had left he frowned, taking that fake smile off. "Fuck, I hate dinners." 

"I know, I do too." I explained, I slouched uncomfortable. Daniel patted my back. 

"Dan, who is this?" A cute voice asked, I looked down and saw a short boy. He looked like Daniel except without the bleached hair but rather- I then looked at Daniel who had ginger hair. I stared at his hair. Ginger hair.... but he has no fr-

"Daniel, what happened to your hair?" He asked, like it was from my P.O.V. "Parents don't approve returned to a natural, beauty." He grinned.

"Who gives two rats about your hair." A snappy girl stomped. I looked in the direction and saw a female version of Daniel. She had long curly hair that reached to her shoulder blades, freckles and blue eyes. "Who are you-"

"I'm Phoenix." I stated. Cutting her off, she just looked at me. Turning around she stomped off into the dinning room and the little boy followed too, with Lilian chasing behind. She looked so cute with her purple dress on. 

"The girl is Chloe, the boy is Oliver." Daniel explained as we got to the dinning room. 

The Adams family were all sitting down and ready to have a feast. I was sitting there, nervous. What if someone from my family brought up something to do with my gender? Sounds scary, Daniel wouldn't keep it a secret depending. 

~

Authors note:

Okay, so I was going to put Authors note on chapter ten but I didn't want it to be long so I left it. Explanation of chapter ten and eleven combined, so I decided for chapter ten because I was thinking.... I couldn't think of anything so I decided to start the holidays with Kelvin also the cheesy scene with the noodles. Anyways, chapter eleven I didn't want it to be longer than I wanted originally, so I decided to put it as part 1. I'm so happy too that it's actually the holidays and I've got plenty time to focus on some much other stuff that isn't school. 

Anyways- 

Peace!

Yandere_Firework