Chapter Fifty Six: It's over

"I'm so sorry, Phoenix." My eyes swell with tears.

Phoenix POV
One Week later

I hold a box and a bouquet of flowers. Hopping out of the elevator, I make my way to the room.

What the fuck am I doing at the hospital?

I groan, following the yellow line as told. I had come to the hospital when visiting times were over and I went through all that security check. I looked around as the lights begun to flicker. Shit, it's a horror movie, I'm gonna die with some serial killer nurse ready to stab me with a syringe or something that can't kill but can if effort and thought it put into it.

I make my way into the room, the lights on and the TV talking. Guess he must be occupying himself with a good show or something. I see him on the bed, reading while rubbing the back of his neck. He holds a book in one hand and wears glasses while his other hand is bandaged.

Logan looks up then back to what he was doing. "You actually came." He smiles, an eyebrow raised. Logan doesn't look at me and focuses on his book.

"I only came to check if you were dead." I reply, putting the flowers down. "I'd love to come to your funereal."

"Aw, how sweet. You're going to be invited anyways."

"Thanks for the heads up, I'll check my mailbox when I get home." I take the seat next to him.

Logan's eyes sparkle as he reads the book. Logan's cheek begin to turn a rosy pink and I study his movement as he nervously gulps. It's kinda cute.

"Got no guests, yet?" I lean back onto the chair. My flower seems to be the only thing from outside the hospital, not counting his subway.

"Who wants to visit me after what you did?" Logan gives me a face and returns back.

I smile. "How come you're in the hospital?"

"I fell down the stairs, hit my head and broke my arm." Logan points at the bandage on his head. I lift my ankle and rest it onto my knee. Logan glances at me. "How come you actually decided to come? Did you tell those idiots?"

"Who? The school-" I smile, laughing a little bit. "-Or Ryan and them?"

"Very funny. I obviously mean Ryan and them." He lightly karate chops my head and I just smile.

"Nah, they wouldn't even wanna come." I yawn. "Besides, I knew nobody was gonna visit you so I decided to visit you."

"Well, better than my family. My family don't even care." Logan says. "They just don't want me to die."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"Maybe to you. I don't. I hate it, they always do this." Logan sighs. "When I was ten, I was in hospital and had surgery. My mum left as soon as I finished surgery and was inside my room. She didn't even come back until I left hospital, the only time I saw her. Nobody from my family visited. The only one who came was my servant, Penny but she passed away. Four years ago."

Logan sadly smiles. "Now nobody visits me anymore."

"Well, I'm here." I shrug. Logan looks at me then back to his book.