Chapter forty nine: Timeout Zone

"I want some food, Kelvin?" Kevin looks at Kelvin who rolls his eyes.

"Fine, we might as well." Kelvin drags Kevin out of the stairwells. "We'll meet you guys there!"

I look at Matthew and Leo.

"I don't want to do this." Leo says, crossing his arms. The three of us stand on the stairs. The whole food centre was 11empty but the stalls were open for anyone. Luckily, this day wasn't raining the only thing was that it was going to end soon.

The sun was going to go down in about two hours or so.

"I hate arcades." Leo mumbles. "Got so many bad memories with them."

"I don't. I got so much good luck!" Matthew giggles. He grabs me and Leo's arm and starts running towards the entrance of the timeout zone.

When we get there, Matthew pauses. I yawn and Leo has his hands in his pocket, clearly uninterested in this whole thing.

My eyes widen as I see someone by the entrance. Leo squints with a growl coming out of his mouth. Matthew pouts and returns to my side. He clings onto my arm which I don't worry about.

"It's Isaac!" I point. He laughs and holds his arms out, which I gladly accept. I jump into his arms and he gives me a nice big snuggly hug.

"Missed you, been a few months." Isaac smiles.

"What are you doing here?"

"I work here." Isaac explains.

"I smell bullshit." Leo coughs, I give him a glare. Leo fake coughs, looking around. "I smell so much bullshit."

Isaac laughs. "Someone came around and asked me to give you this." Isaac hands me an envelope. I open the envelope and see its a clue. I hand it to Leo who glares at it.

Find it
You must pick it

The arcade is noisy with all the games talking at the same time. Matthew is already searching around, uninterested in helping but rather wanting to play. Nobody else is in the arcade which bothers me, it's nearly half past three and nobody is here. Wait, what times do the arcades close?

I shake the feeling off and continue.

"I found something! I want it! Phoenix!" Matthew calls from the back. I follow his voice and see him putting his face to a claw machine.

"I want that." Matthew points, smiling and breathing on it. I move his face to see what he's looking at. Matthew motions it's the teddy bear with a key necklace. I sniffle and look at the key.

That could be the thing I need to get!

"Those claw machines were the ones where they put the new toys in. Since they ran out." Isaac explains, chewing some gum. He throws me a pack which I start chewing.

It's watermelon flavour.

I give him a thumbs up and look into the claw machine. Matthew scratches at the machine and I sigh. I place a dollar in and try for it.

I watch as the claw is moving towards it. I drop the claw and it scrapes the top of the bear. I sigh and growl at the bear. "Move over, I wanna try." Leo uses his hip to move me from the controls. Me and Matthew watch the claw intently, standing close to the machine.