Chapter thirty nine: A gun. I need a gun.

Christian ended up needing surgery. He told me to call up his friend Escobar who could help me figure this out. The police couldn't find any evidence so they dropped the case. What the hell kind of police officers were they?

After visiting Christian in the hospital, I had to drive home. I wanted to stay but I couldn't. I walked into the house where my sisters, Jude, Will, Asher, Damien, Blake and Rhiannon were sitting on the couch.

"Mom got called into work, she'll be back tonight." Tyler said and I nodded; refusing to meet anyone's eyes.

"Are you okay?" Cameron asked, stopping me.

I nodded, "Yeah, why?"

"You're covered in blood." Damien stated and stood to his feet; everyone else following his motions.

I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off by my phone ringing. I quickly pulled out my cracked phone.

"What happened to your phone?" Will cocked an eyebrow and I ignored him.

"Hello?" I answered and began chewing my nails.

"There was another victim. Our friend Gavin. It was a sniper." Escobar said shakily.

I knitted my brows together "A single shot?" I asked gaining everyone's attention.

"Yeah."

"Rooftop?" My breath hitched.

He was silent for a moment, "Yes."

"Escobar. First Chris then Gavin? This can't be a coincidence." I said quietly into the phone as I walked into the kitchen. Everyone but my sisters followed.

"Gavin died. Shot to the head." He said, his voice breaking over the phone.

"So where are we on this? On this guy? Anything?" I asked rubbing my forehead with my hand as I shrugged my jacket off.

"The slug that hit your Christian was from a Les Baer Prowler." He stated.

My mouth gaped.  "That's a high-end pistol."

"A precision shot from 100 yards away." He spoke shakily.

That's when it hit me, "We're dealing with a pro." He went silent and there was shuffling.

"Yo." It was Christian.

"Does that mean anything to you? The gun's old school." I asked assuming he knew everything.

"Somebody's mad at us from something back in the day." He answered simply. "That bullet was meant for you. Whoever it was wanted to hurt you and Gavin to get to me. How could they have known about you if they weren't from back in the day?"

"Do either of you have any idea who could've held a grudge? From Brownsville?" Escobar asked.

"From Brownsville? All scum, all the time." I said and looked up at the guys who were all intently staring at me.

"Then we go over every old prank we've done or deals we got dragged into." Christian  answered with a sigh. "I have to go. Here's Escobar."

"We're gonna need contacts for everybody who we've ever bought from." I groaned and rested my head on the island of my kitchen. I grabbed a pad and a pen, "You know what, Escobar give me every person you, chris or Gavin have recently gotten into fights with."

He sighed and began to list of names. I froze when I heard a familiar one.

"Are you sure?" My eyes landed on Asher.

"Yes. Asher Storms. He threatened to kill Gavin and Christian if they didn't get his money to him. They never did."

Shakily, I began to write down his name. All of their eyes snapped to mine.

"What happened with Valencia?" I asked about a gang leader. Though Christian wasn't directly involved with the gang, he was a friend of Gavin's. Who happened to run a gang.

"Gavin took down a rival leader then recruited more members." Escobar explained.

"So he was warring with two gangs." I stated putting the pen down. Asher came to my side and began to read the list. I ignored him and kept talking to Escobar.

"Yes. Please be careful. Chris can't lose you again. If it gets to dangerous, drop it. Be safe."

"I'm just going to talk to them." I stated.

Escobar snorted, "These guys don't do talking. Bring a gun."

My heart began to race. "I-I don't own a gun."

"Well you're going to need one. If you come in contact with the man who shot him, remember he's armed and dangerous."

"I'll find him." I stated reassuringly.

"Okay, I have to go. Send me updates." He stated before the line went dead.

"What the hell is going on?" Jude asked what they were all thinking.

I didn't respond and continued to write down everything I know now. God whoever did this is dead.

"Cupcake." Damien said in confusion. Asher glared at him but didn't make a move to go near me so it must be a secret from them too.

I ignored them and concentrated on what I was writing down. I crossed out my father's name on the list, he's in Texas right now. I wanted to cross off Asher's but I couldn't yet. Not yet. Not until I get a chance to talk to him.

"Noah what are you doing with these names? Do you know who these people are?" Rhiannon asked bewildered. She found out everything about a week ago. I told her and Blake got mad I guess but ended up explaining more.

"Mmhm." I nodded and pulled out my phone, debating who I should ask for a gun. Asher would never give me one, neither would any of the guys.

"Noah what are you doing? Tell us what's going on." Asher demanded as I pressed the call button.

After a few rings, he picked up. "Ciao?" He answered in Italian. "Noah?"

"Ho bisogno del tuo aiuto, Ryland." I told him I needed his help. I haven't spoken to him since the day I came back.

I can't even describe the looks on their faces right now. Pure confusion.

"Do you need Xavier, Aiden and Antonio too?" He returned to English. Thank god.

"Maybe Xavier but I don't want tony involved. And I don't want Aiden involved in anything he doesn't need to be involved in." I sighed, at the mention of her boyfriends name, Rhiannon perked up and paid more attention.

"Okay, what do you need?" I went silent when I saw everyone looking at me. "Noah?"

"A gun. I need a gun." I said after a few seconds.