Chapter 38

Piero's POV:

"Venus, can we talk?" It was night now and the party had ended. I helped tuck in the babies, while she cleaned up.

"Piero, don't you see I'm busy? If your tired come and sleep. We can talk tomorrow." She answered. I changed into my PJ's and went to bed.

"Its something quick. Just let me ask you one question. Just one and I won't bother you anymore." I begged. She let out a sigh and closed her laptop.

"What is your question? And hurry because I need to finish and turn in the song by tomorrow afternoon." She replied.

"Ok. Um, just be honest. I'll listen. Who's David?" I noticed her mad face turn pale and scared.

"Why do you want to know? Wait! So you listened at the conversation I was having with the girls, and that's why you dropped the babies?!" She scram.

"Amore, please don't be mad," I climbed up the bed and wanted to touch her cheek, but she slammed my hand away, "I was just passing by and I heard."

"No Piero! Don't touch me. I don't want to talk about it. Good night Piero." She turned and turned off the lamp. Leaving me with my mouth opened, she tucked in bed.

**3:30 am**

" Venus! Venus, wake up! Amore!" I yelled. She was having a nightmare and scram my name repeatedly. "Venus!" I shock her. She opened  her eyes and noticed I was on top of her. She said nothing , other than breathing heavily  through her mouth. She sat up, and hugged me real tight. "There, there. It was just a nightmare bella." I brushed my her hair back to calm her down. "There, there." She had started crying ith a lot of sentiment, something I had never seen.

"Piero... I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry." she sobbed.

""For what honey?" I asked, very confused to what she had said.

"Piero, you must know who David is." As soon as she said that, I let go of her, to check if she was being serious.

"W- are you sure you want to talk about it? I'm not going to force you to tell me anything." She sobbed less, calming down and getting ready to say something.

"David is my ex boyfriend. I meet him, my freshmen year of high school. That was when we first started to go out. We had the happiest relationship ever, until one day everything changed. On our junior year, he, he saw me hanging out with an old friend from elementary. He had just moved back from Arkansas and we hanged out put a lot, mostly to catch up with what had happened after he left. Sometime later, David had seen me hugging him and freaked out . David punched him real hard, leaving him unconscious. When he got his anger out with my friend, he grabbed me by my arm and took me to some house and locked me there for two months." I noticed her voice starting to crack again.

"What did he do to you?" I asked, I grabbed her hands for her to fell save and secure.

"Well, in those two months being in the house, he had locked me in a small room with just a bed, a TV, and a bathroom. He came in constantly and dropped off some food for me to eat, but when he came furious for something, he... he," she started to cry again "he grabbed me and raped me. I got to a point where I just didn't say anything not yelled or anything.." It broke my heart listening to that. "When the police found me, they say I was tied up in the bed by one arm, and that I didn't speak or made any noise. After that, the police took him to and sentenced  him to 20 years of prison time. Since he was 18 already, he got to go to jail. And, the last time I saw him was in court. He had told me 'I'll find you, and when I do, I'll make sure you'll be mine forever. You'll see! I'm keeping this promise!' Since then on, I-I can't last long in any kind of relationship, and just the thought of marriage gives me chills. I'm scared of David coming out and trying to harm my family." I kissed her hands.

"Bella. We now live in Sicily. We are in Italy, and he is in a prison somewhere away from us. So there's nothing to worry about." She pulled away from me and wiped her tears off her cheeks.

"I'm really sorry and for not accepting your marriage proposals, but I'm just scared. I don't know if I'm ready to make this huge step." I smiled and touched her cheek gently.

"Venus. I'm not going to make you marry me . Whenever your ready, we'll get married. I understand now." I leaned in and pressed my lips upon hers. As we pulled away slowly, I heard her say "Thank you Piero. You are the best person ever alive. I love you." I hugged her tight then tucked her into bed again. The rest of the night, I had her wrapped in my arms, making her feel protected and safe.

-------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys! long time I haven't updated! I missed y'all lotz! anyways, I leave you with this short chapter. I just wanted to post something up since it's been a long time. Isn't Piero just such a sweetheart!? Vote, comment, and SPREAD THE WORD! -Bridget

P.s: the story is about to end, but I don't know, if I should just end it, or should I write a second book, but it will be mostly about the kids. What you think? Help me decide by commenting! Thanks for reading! :D