Chapter 20

**The next morning**

Venus's POV:

I heard my cellphone ring. I stretched my arm to the nightstand and got my phone. I tried to see who was calling me, but the screen was too bright, so I just answered.

"Hello? Who's this?" I answered.

"Venus! It's Gianluca, don't forget about what I told you last night. Meet me in 'Antonio's Café' at noon. Did I wake you up bella?" He said.

"Yeah, don't worry, I'm up now. What is it?" I turned around to see the alarm clock. It showed it was 10 am.

"10 in the morning. Get up my little sleepy head. Well I have to go. Don't forget! Ciao bella." Gianluca said.

"Ciao Gian, I won't forget." He hung up, and did I. I dragged my self to the bathroom and take a shower, so I can wake up more. When I finished, I went to my dresser and stared at the hanged clothes. I didn't know what to wear so I just turned on the TV to see the weather.

Now today's forecast will be party cloudy. High of 52, low of 38. now the weekly forecast...

Since it was December in Italy, I didn't know if the cold was harsh like in New York or just chilly like in California. So I went back to the closet and got a white turtleneck shirt, some skinny jeans, my favorite black boots that were up to my knees, and a black leather jacket that I had recently bought.

I did my make-up and went downstairs to get some juice. As I entered the kitchen, Ignazio was making pancakes and Piero was drinking a cup of coffee. I ignored Piero sitting in the counter, and grabbed myself a glass of orange juice.

"Good morning Venus." Piero said, as he took a sip of coffee and reading the newspaper.

"Good morning Ignazio!' I said, ignoring Piero's good morning.

"Good morning Venus." He turned from the stove and tock a look at me. "Wow! Where you going all dolled up?" I blushed a little and then answered.

"Just meeting a friend later at a café." I answered. I grabbed a pancake and poured on some syrup.I took a sip of the orange juice and turned to leave my glass in the counter, when I noticed Piero looking at me too. "A fly is going to get in your mouth if you down shut it. You know." I told Piero.

He closed his mouth, and went back to reading the news.

"Well guys, i'll be back by dinner. If I don't come back by 8, don't wait for me." I gave Ignazio a hug and went to grab my purse. Before I left the kitchen, I heard PIero say "You need a ride?"

"No thank you. I'll take a cab, don't worry." I looked at Ignazio and he gave me a I-don't-know-what's-going-on face. I laughed then Ignazio asked "You need money?"

"No I'm fine. I can go and change some dollars later. Thanks though. Ciao guys!" I waved goodbye to them and left.

Gianluca's POV:

Where is she? I hope she's not mad at me. It's already 10:30.

I took my glass of water and stared at it. I put down and looked to the window beside me to see if Venus was coming. No sign of her. Just when I looked up, Venus had just sat down in front of me.

"Hey Gian. Sorry I was late. You know there's lots of traffic." I chuckled and said "Yeah, don't worry. So how are you this afternoon?"

"I'm fine. I saw Piero this morning in the kitchen. He offered me a ride, but I turned him down. It was awkward though." I noticed she leaned her head down.

"Bella" I reached to her hand and said "He won't be there for long. And don't worry, you got me and Ignazio to protect you."

She smiled and said "Thanks Gian. So why did you wanted to meet me?"

"Well, I have a surprise for you bella. But let's eat first, then we'll go."

"Where to?" Venus asked.

"Na-ah -ah. Bella it's a surprise." I said. The waiter came and we ordered. As the waited for our food, we talked and talked about anything. From movies to magazines, from music to our previous relationships.

As we finished, I paid and Venus went to my car. We got in and I drove. it got quiet for a moment until Venus turned on the radio. 'You make me feel so young' by Frank Sinatra popped. She started snapping her fingers to the music. I started tapping in the staring wheel. Then we both started to sing along.

It was a 30 minute drive, but it felt like 15 minutes. I had told Venus to close her eyes a minutes before we got there. I parked and I got her off. We walked down some stairs and I finally stopped her.

"Open your eyes bella." I said.

I saw her open her eyes and a big smile formed in her face. "Gian! This is beautiful!"

"Oh it's nothing. Come, take a seat." I pointed towards the green hammock under a canopy, facing the beach.

We sat and Venus said "This is so romantic Gian. but why did you brought me here?"

"Well, Venus I wanted to say that, I want for you to be happy with someone that appreciates what you do. I want to be the one that would be going everywhere with you and help you with the bad and good things. Venus... since I first saw you, I fell in love with you. When you smile, my whole world stops spinning  and when I look at your eyes, I feel that I'm looking straight to the brightest star in the universe." I took Venus's hand and said "Venus, do you want to be girlfriend?"

Her smile got wider and her eyes got brighter. She opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out until a couple of seconds later, she said "Gianluca, I- I don't know what to say. your such a great, nice guy. Oh Gianluca! Yes! Yes, i'll be your girlfriend!' She leaned and hugged me really tight.

I pulled away and grabbed her chin, I pulled her closer to me and kissed her. I kissed her soft lips, and I felt my heart beat even faster. 

As we slowly pulled away, I looked into her eyes. I knew she didn't expect this. I hugged her with one arm and sat in hammock until we got to see the sun disappear in the horizon.

---------------------------------

hey guys! Merry Christmas, a little later but oh well. Hope everyone had a wonderful time! anywho's... hope you liked the chapter. Vote, comment, and SPREAD THE WORD!  -Bridget

P.S: If you are a fan of Loki (Getting off topic) go and read Loki's Wish! (Made by me;))