Chapter 26

** In Rome**

Gianluca's POV:

I finally arrived to Rome and I was on my way to the studio. I was looking out the window of the taxi I got,  when out of nowhere, the cab driver says "You're Gianluca Ginoble right?"

I looked up and said "Yes, yes I am."

"Wow! My family and I love Il Volo, my daughters love you the most. Um, if it's no problem, can I have your autograph?" he was nervous, I noticed.

I chuckled and responded "No problem at all. Can I have a pen and some paper? Oh, and what are their names and ages?"

The driver reached to a handbag and took a piece of paper and a pen out, then gave it to me. "Their names are Alexa and Daniela. One of them is 16 and the other one is 19."

When he said 19, I remembered that was Venus's age. I wrote on the paper and gave it to him. He took it and said thank you. He pulled up in front of the building I missed. I got out and grabbed my bags from the trunk. I finished paying the cab and, as I turned to look around, I saw Piero get off from a cab too.

Ignazio came from my back and said hi. We hugged, glad to see each other and he said "Don't pay attention to Piero. You just came to do your what you like to do the most, and your job too, and not getting in a fight with Piero, ok?" I nodded and went inside the building.

The doorman took my luggage and I went straight to the meeting room, where our manager was going to be, according to Barbara. I entered and took a seat. Some lady came to me and gave me some water and a snack, since I just had arrived from Abruzzo.

"Gianluca! My bambino! How are you?" I heard Mr. Michele Torpedine, our manager, Barbara's boss basically.

"Mr. Torpedine! I see you look and feel better!" I spread my arms and gave him a hug.

"Oh, I'm feeling radishing! And where are the other boys?"

"They're in their way."

"Good. Good. I have great news!" I saw surprised and excited in seeing Mr. Torpedine again. As I took my seat again, I saw Ignazio and Piero come in. They greeted Mr. Torpedine and sat across from me. Piero had smiled at me, but I just turned to face our manager.

"Ok bambinos. I have great news for everyone. First, I am cured from the dangerous anemia I gotten. I just need to take my medication that's all, and im saying this so you too, could remind me of taking them. Second, while I was sick and in home, I still worked. So I signed a contract with the people of the American Universal Music productions, so you guys can sing a duet."

"Sorry to interrupt, but with who?" I asked.

"Good question my boy! That's the third and final news. So I've been hearing about this American girl band. I figured who they were and I noticed they have my good old friend as a manager. They are called 'The Velvets'."

"Piero and I jumped out of our seats and screamed "THE VELVETS!"

"Why, yes! You guys seem like you know them." Mr. Torpedine said.

"Yes sir. We actually know them in person. While you were sick, we finished our tour and that's when we meet them." Piero said. I turned to face him, he had a wide grin.

"Yeah, we've had a chance to hang out with them. They are pretty cool girls." I jumped in.

"Oh! Well then I hope you have more fun doing this duet with them. You guys and those girls will make a good duet for each other's new album." Mr. Torpedine said.

"So we're going to California and we are starting a new album with a duet with them?!" Ignazio shouted.

"Yes. And yes indeed. You'll fly Thursday night and be ready to work on Friday. So, that's all the news people. Now, let's get everything ready for the trip. Oh and a reminder, you guys will sing a song just made by one of them." As he said that, he hold his hand up and made a gesture to leave.

We stood up and left, but as I was about to stand in the counter in the reception, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey Guanluca." I turned and found Piero.

"Ugh. Hi Piero."

"You mad at me?"

"Should I be? Well let me see... YES!"

"Why? I haven't done anything to you."

 "Yes, you stole Venus's heart and now she doesn't want to be with me. And I'm going to be really upset whenever I see her again on Friday."

"Well I didn't do anything. All I know is that she left you. I haven't talked with her much lately. I don't know about Ignazio. Hey don't blame me on something that I wasn't even involved, she took that decision, she has her reasons."

"Are you sure? Cuz I don't believe you anymore Piero."

"He's saying the truth Gian." Ignazio came and grabbed my shoulder. I turned to face him.

"Really? You know I can't trust him anymore Nazio."I said.

""He is saying the truth. Venus called me in the weekend and told me everything. Piero is saying the truth, anyways he hasn't done anything to you personally. Your the one that's taking this the wrong way." Ignazio said.

"We'll who knows, let's see what happens then." I turned and left to grab my luggage and go to the hotel, to get some rest.

----------------------

hey guys! sorry I didn't update soon again:( im so sorry, men, skool sure absorbs all of our time. anyways, what will happen in California with both groups? vote, comment and SPREAD THE WORD!  -Bridget