After a drive that took forever we met the two guys at the restaurant. We walked into a dining area with hundreds of tables, I sat next to Jasper and Phil sat next to his date.

"Well, my name's Jaspar." He shook Phil and Phils date hand. I have to admit, Jaspar was quite attractive. He had black hair and hazel eyes, but not eyes you could get lost in, and when he smiled it wasn't contagious.

"I'm Hugh." Phils date broke my silence. I hated that name, it sounded like some professor name. Not only that, but I didn't like his look. He had blond hair and dark brown eyes. He looked like a professor too, with a brown sweater vest.

We ordered our food and sat in kind of awkward silence. Every once and a while I would glance up at Phil, he seemed to be avoiding my gaze.
"Sorry to bring this up, but you two are... exes?" Jaspar said through the silence.
"Yeah." I said looking down at my lap.
"May I ask why you guys broke up?" Hugh said in his stupid professor voice.
"We got in argument about..." I couldn't even think of what it was about.
"It's not important." Phil said looking down at his lap.
"Well is there anything I should watch out for?" Hugh laughed. I don't know why, but I hated his laugh. Phil's was so small and cute and... I don't genuine. His seemed like somebody told a joke that he didn't get, so he laughed along anyway.
"Well as long as you don't mind your cereal being stolen then your fine. Phil's a sweet person. Unless it's morning." I smiled. I hated this guy, I should be with Phil, not him.
"Hey, I'm fine once you make me my coffee." Phil smiled at me.
"And he's addicted to coffee." I laughed to myself.
"You're addicted to your computer!" He said defensively.
"So are you! Who else stays up with me at three in the morning." We both laughed, but both immediately went quiet when the food came.

While we ate we all kind of made small talk.
"So what is an existential crisis?" Jaspar asked me. I opened my mouth, only to be interrupted by Hugh.
"A moment in which an individual questions the very foundation of their life." He said in a matter of fact tone. "And I think that there is no reason to question life, or death for that matter." I saw Phil widen his eyes and back his chair up a little.
"And why is that?" I asked through gritted teeth. This guy was really getting in my nerves.
"Well why question something that there's already a reason for. Especially if you're just gonna lay on the floor and whine about it." He gave me the look a teacher would give, a shut up I'm right look.
"And what's the reason?" I frowned, he opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by a small beeper noise.

He looked down.
"I got paged at the hospital, I have to go." He got up. "I enjoyed this get together Phil, I do hope we can do this again." He held his hand. Phil awkwardly shook it and Hugh walked out.
"Well good thing we are done eating." Jaspar shrugged. "So Dan." He turned to me with a smirk. "Want to get out of here?" He whispered in my ear.
"Um..." I looked over at Phil who was looking at me with, what I hope was, hopeful eyes. "Can we go outside for a second?" I looked over at him.

We got outside and he smiled at me.
"So, want to take this back to my place?" He smirked as he walked closer.
"No thanks, I think I'm gonna call it a night." I said thinking of Phil.
"Come on babe." He said starting to kiss down my neck. Goosebumps spread all across my body. I hated my neck touched. His hand slowly started to trace down. I pushed him away.
"I said no thanks." I started to walk back inside.
"Come on babe, take a compliment." I kept walking. "You can't stay mad at me! I am you're boyfriend after all!" He yelled after me.
"Not anymore!" I said as I walked inside.

My eyes scanned the room and landed on Phil. He was looking at his lap with sad expression. I slipped in the seat next to him, the one Hugh was sitting in. He looked up and a bright smiled popped on his face.
"Hey! I thought you were going to go home with..."
"Jaspar?! No. We didn't work out." I shrugged.
"Why not?" He asked looked at my eyes.

"Well we got out there and he asked if I want to go home with him." I looked down at my lap. "And then I said no.. and then he started to kiss my neck and-"
"Oooh that's a big no no. You didn't even let me kiss your neck until a year into our relationship." We laughed. "Sorry keep going." He put his hand on my knee and then quickly removed it.
"He um... tried to touch down there." I bit my lip nervously and looked up at Phil, who had a shocked look on his face.
"Oh my god! What the hell! That's terrible, are you ok?!" He asked frantically, I shrugged.
"Yeah I'm fine, it's over now." I thought about my next words. "Plus I would rather be here for my best friend.. who may be my ex." I looked into his eyes. He started to laugh and put his face into hands.

"Oh my god Dan! What are we going to do?!" He laughed, I started laughing too.
"I don't know Phil... I just.." I sighed, I wanted him to know how I felt.
"Want to get back together with me?" He asked. I nodded.
"I know we got in that stupid fight about.. I don't even remember." I frowned.
"Me neither." He frowned too.
"So.. we pretty much broke up for no reason." I said slowly, he nodded.
"Oh my god! This is all your fault!" Phil hit me gently.
"What?! You're the one who said it was over!"
"I wasn't serious until you said fine!"
"Well I wish I would've known that before I kicked all your stuff out of our room!" He paused.
"So it's our room again?" He asked gently with a smiled.
"Sure."
"Thank god, I hated Hugh." He sighed happily.
"Oh my gosh me too!"
"He literally shook my hand." He laughed.
"I know!" We both laughed.

"Want to go home?" I asked getting up.
"Yeah." He grabbed my hand and we left, together this time.

That night we fell asleep, in our bed.