Chapter ten: Give me your number.

Start from the beginning

He narrowed his eyes with a playful grin, "What's in the book?"

"Asher. Let. Go." I demanded and he smirked before yanking his arm away, the book in his hand. "Asher no- no!" I yelled as he ran out of the room. I chased him down the hall and into my moms room. I lunged at him as he opened it and began to read it. Just holding out one arm, he was able to fight me off as his eyes skimmed the most recent page.

About a minute later, I gave up and just ended up sitting down besides him.

"Play this." He stated pointing to my mothers keyboard. "Now."

I scowled but he glared and I winced but ended up walking over to it and sitting down. I began to play the notes. "Breakfast is cold, as cold as our bed I'm watching you choke down the words that you said I watch you devour, mistake me for bread.Well boy, is you fed? Or are you misled?I gave you the messiest head. You give me the messiest head. Oh, you turnin' red. 'Cause I'm tryna' give the impression that I get the message you wish I was dead. See you 'bouta break a sweat. I, I, I. I won't let us finish yet," I sighed and looked up at Asher who was listening intently, "I, I, I. Please don't take this as a threat I, I, I. All I'm sayin' is if you don't love me no more then lie, lie." I bit the high notes and held them out, "Lie, Lie."

"We should use this for our project."

I shook my head, "No. One, the lyrics are to inappropriate and two, it's my song."

"What about this- oh this isn't a song." He stated as he flipped through the pages. My cheeks turned bright red at the fact that he's reading my writing. I don't let anyone read it. Ever.

"Okay you can stop now." I tried to snatch it back from him but he held onto it tightly, as if this were some game of tug-a-war. "Give me my book." I whined.

"Give me your number." He retorted and I stopped.

"What?" I was shocked.

His mouth gaped at his own words, "What?"

"What?" I said again.

"What?"

"Macklemore can we go thrift shopping?" I said mimicking a little kid and he tried to contain his laughter but he couldn't.

"What's going on in here?" We heard. My head snapped to the doorframe where my mom was standing, hands on her hips, with an amused grin. However, my father who was besides her looked furious.

"Dad." I said and my smile dropped.

Asher's face twisted into pure confusion, "Dad? This is your dad?"

"Asher." My dad clenched his jaw. "What are you three doing in this house?"

"Sorry Caden we were just working on a project-"

"Leave." He cut him off and Asher stood up and nodded.

"Yes sir." He rolled his eyes and walked out the doorframe.

"What is he doing here?" My dad growled at me angrily as Tyler and Cameron walked in.

"Dad they were just over to work on our projects-"

"I told you three to stay away from them." He stated and my mom looked stunned at his sudden outburst.

"Caden they were paired up for a project. They have little time to work at school so they're obviously going to need to work outside of school." Mom said in confusion.

"They can work in a public place." Dad stated. "Or stay after school."

"Dad-"

"Cameron. Don't." I sighed, "We all promised to stay away. I'm sorry dad. We'll work at school next time."

"I'm sorry dad." My sisters chorused.

"Caden I know you're their father but you have no right to just-"

Dad sighed, "Girls go." When we didn't budge, he yelled at us and we all filed out of the room.

"What the frick frack diddily dack patty wack snick snack crack pack slack mack quarterback crackerjack biofeedback backtrack thumbtack sidetrack tic-tac slapback nickel back is going on?" Rhiannon asked once I walked into my room.