Chapter 23 - Storm

Qin Wei look at Lan Yi who have erratic breathing as he stared at him with bloodshot eyes.

Qin Wei took a stance with his sword parallel to his eyes. His sword started releasing a crackling sound.

~crack~crack~crack~

His sword was the covered with ice and the entire stage was then submerge to a horrifying coldness.

Lan Yi shivered and look with fear and vigilance towards the child that he disdain. Who would have thought that the child was actually an evildoer.

Qin Wei Executed one of the 8 Supreme techniques of the Celestial Ice Yin Manual, the; Yin Lotuses Blooming in Midnight. Its the only stance that Qin Wei have mastered to the perfect level nearly reaching the poetic concept level of it.

But right now he could only freeze the ground for 20 meters and make his sword be covered with Yin Ice Flame.  But once he mastered the Poetic Concept of the Yin Lotuses Blooming in Midnight he will be able to project a thousand lotuses blooming with his sword flashing a thousand times to hack his enemies.

Qin Wei swung his sword with force. The audience could see his sword emitting a fierce and gentle cold light as his sword force hacked with power towards Lan Yi.

Lan Yi summoned his only protective technique. The Armored Xuanwu formation. A mystic technique in High level sky grade.

But to his astonishment the sword force did not diminish nor was it halted. It easily broke his formation as he was force to defend with his sword. His sword meets with the sword force but he still lost momentum and was flung toward the golden shield of the arena. Lan Yi cough up blood as a line of red start from his left stomach to his right shoulder soaking his clothes in blood. He could feel the pain as he could feel his blood freezing little by little. Qin Wei readied his next move to push Lan Yi out of bounds when...

"Stoooop!"

The audience could hear a loud voice shouted with a boom!

They saw a silhouette of an old man floating on top of the stage. He exuded a vigorous and powerful aura. His gaze was on Qin Wei who was startled with the appearance of an intruder.

"Its the Grand Elder of the Disciplinary Hall!"

"It's Elder Chang Mi!"

"Why did he appear?"

"That little boy is in trouble now."

"Poor child..How did he anger the Grand Elder?"

The audience was in a buzz with questions and awe. The Grand Elder of the Disciplinary Hall seldom show himself on public. He was famous for his forthrightness and cruelty. He would show no mercy to the sect members who committed a crime.

"Child you have committed a great crime of killing a fellow disciple! You will be imprison and await your judgement!"

"Gasp!."

Killed?

All of the audience directed their gazes at Lan Yi who they have forgotten. Indeed the wheezing Lan Yi was no longer breathing and was as still as a thousand year stone. He was pale and his body was encased in ice. There was no movement whatsoever that could be detected. He's dead.

Qin Wei was stunned into silence. How did he die? Its impossible! He know his technique well, with his mastery it can only temporarily freeze the blood but it won't be enough to kill a god, much less a High God.

"That's impossible my mastery won't be enough to kill him! how could he possibly die?" Qin Wei argued. His little faced red with anger and indignation.

"Hmmp! What's impossible? The proof is already in front of you. You have committed a great sin and thus must be punished!" The Grand Elder strongly accused. Of course Lan Yi didn't die on his own. Once Qin Wei's Ice Yin pervaded Lan Yi's blood the grand elder sent a silent attack. Timing it with Qin Wei's own. Thus it look like Lan Yi died under Qin Wei's sword.

Every Elder in the late High Level High God have sensed the grand elders attack but no one would argue back. To reach their current position they must keep one eye open and another closed. Some matters they would not let their selves get dragged on. Anyway these sort of incident have already happen to disciples who have great talents but no backing. Every time a great genius of the sect need a stimulation to achieve another breakthrough they would select water based essence and meridian disciples to refine them into a furnace.

Though they can't possibly know that the High supreme Sect Master of the Celestial peak have chosen the twins as a good seedling. With the recommendation of the Celestial Grand Elder of the 1st Peak they let Fang Long who have a deep knowledge of lost bloodlines take care of the twins.

The Heaven Burning sect have one Supreme Sect Master who resided on the Celestial peak. They then have 6 other peaks who have their own section master and grand elders. The section peak the twins belonged to is named the Golden Mists Peak and its 4th among the six peak. The disciplinary hall was an existence wholly unique. There is only one Disciplinary Hall and they presided in all punishment in the whole school. Thus Elder Chang Mi have a great power and influence..

"Grand Elder please you must investigate this case carefully. In the arena the fists have no eyes. My little brother can't possibly kill his opponent with his little mastery of his technique. It must be a tragic accident."

When the hall was filled with silence. They heard a soft but firm voice. Everyone saw a little boy extremely similar to the child in the arena fly in the stage as he shielded his twin away from their gaze. Qin Wei have always had difficulty in arguing with someone. He is the type who likes simple things and would avoid troublesome matters. Thus it was left to Qin Jin to protect his little brother. Qin Jin have always been the smarter one. But it doesn't mean that Qin Wei is an idiot on the contrary he easily grasp things such as strategy and techniques but when it come to social and scheming he was ten steps behind Qin Jin.

The audience was stunned and felt a wave of pity for the twins but no one step out to voice their own suspicion. They don't want to be dragged in this mess especially the opponent is the Disciplinary Halls Grand Elder.

"Who do you think you are to argue with this old man!? I have seen it with my own eyes! This incident is intentional."

"Grand Elder must be joking. This disciple only wants a careful investigation." Qin Jin could only grit his teeth as he shielded Qin Wei away from the eyes of the crowd. He don't want his little brother to experience a traumatic event like this.

"There is no need for investigation. This old man have already decided on the verdict. Now obediently go to the prison!"

As if on cue 10 disciplinary guards circled the twins.

A/N: This turtle might go to hibernation. Its already winter anyway.

😌😋🙌🙎