Chapter 22 - Chang Mi

The two faced each other. One small and one tall. Both with different facial expression.

The audience watch with interest as the two contestants have been staring at each other for 5 minutes. Finally the silenced was broken by the man.

"You..How old are you?"

The audience was dumbfounded when they heard his question. Who would ask such a silly question to his opponent?

"It doesn't matter how old I am. What matters is if you are stronger or weaker than me!" Qin Wei declared in a clear voice as his intent was to anger the man so they could start to fight.

And just as expected Lan Yi was offended and one could see blue veins bulging in his neck.

He can't be blame after all who would want a child to scold them?

"You brat! Who do you think you're talking to? Don't go running to your mommy when I trash you to the ground!"

Lan Yi no longer cared if he would be scolded as a bully what matters to him now was how to teach the brat a lesson.

Lan Yi unsheathed his scimitar and took a stance. His bearing was that of a tiger descending to the plains. His muscles are all vibrating as he readied his techniques and magic.

Qin Wei also similarly unsheathed his sword. His stance was relax and full of openings. Lan Yi snickered and thought that a brat is really just a brat.

Lan Yi believed that this will be an easy match. He dashed toward Qin Wei and using his signatures Swift Minute Steps his form was then blurred and many shadows was left behind. His speed was astonishing. Lan Yi swung his scimitar.

"Flame Lions Roar!"

A dashing red flames sprouted in his scimitar bearing with it a hazy silhouette of a lion roaring.

"My God Lan Yi has gone crazy!"

"How could he used his ultimate move against a child!?"

Qin Wei was like a little ant against the roaring flames. The audience watch with anticipation and some soft hearted female disciples covered their eyes as they could not bear to look at the boy's beautiful form be scorched by the flames.

Qin Wei's form was then swallowed by the flames.

The audiences released gasps of surprised and some horrified screams from the female disciples.

Only Qin Jin who was watching from the audience sit was calmed. He know that Qin Wei's Ice Yin will not be defeated by a middle grade flame.

And just as he expected...

Qin Wei's form could now be seen but there was no scratch nor burn that could be found in his body.

"That's all your worth huh??" Qin Wei said as he watch with amusement as Lan Yi's face turn from red to green then white. His arrogance and confidence took a huge damage. After all who could believe that a small child took a full hit of his mystic technique but receive no damaged.

"That child is a good seedling." An elder with long red hair and beard said as he habitually stroke his long beard.

"Indeed a good seedling. It seems to be Elder Fangs discovery." Another elder with a body as round as a meatball and a golden goatee said.

"Hmmp! What good seedling the kid have a water meridian! He will never climb to the peak." An elder with bald head said with a sneer.

"That's right. Water based meridians are useless. That kid must have a fortuitous encounter to have easily climb in that realm. It impossible to made it to Low Level High God as a water based meridian holder. He will surely stagnate in that level." An elder with a green curly hair and pale yellow eyes said with conviction.

"Indeed good friend! Its better for that kid to be a furnace and benefit somebody much more deserving the nourishment. Than to have it stagnate and be lost."

All elders turn and found an old man with red curly hair and a gentleman's mustache attach in his face. The old man was brimming with smiles and his eyes would flash with lights hiding his cunningness within.

"Grand Elder!" All the inner and outer elder said in unison as they bowed toward the old man. They can't afford to offend this elder as he is know to remember petty grievances and would surely return the favour.

"Greetings section master!" The Grand elder also known as Chang Mi saluted to the sect master who remained sitted in his high chair.

"What hails you today Grand Elder? For you to leave your mountain peak you must have some reason?"

"Section master as you have known my grand child Chang Shen have already become a Mid Level High God and he is in the verge of becoming another powerhouse of High Level High God realm. A water essence would surely secure his success in breaking through the thin barrier of Mid Level High God and into the High Level High God realm and our sect will be known to produce the youngest High Level High God ever in history."

The grand elder was not lying. His grand child Chang Shen was truly a prodigy. He reach the Mid Level High God realm when he was 20, the youngest in the record. He was known as the Heaven Burning Young Master the first to ever carry the sects name as his title. His position was much more honored than titled dragons and phoenixes. A monster like genius is much more honored. One reason is also because his mother is the sect masters favorite sister giving him a huge backing. But his cultivation have stagnated and its been 5 years but he still have no progress and have been stuck in the late staged of the Mid Level High God. Chang Mi have been worrying for his favorite Grandchild. But who would have known that a solution would deliver itself.

Chang Mi was thrilled when he learned that the sect have accepted twin disciples with water based meridians. He thought that the heavens have shown him the way. By having his grandchild nourish with water essence his cultivation will surely made a huge breakthrough.

"What do you mean by that Grand Elder?"

The section master know exactly what he means but he must still ask after all he must display the fairness of a sect master. Though he have already given his consent regarding the matter.

"Section Master we must ensure the fame of our sect and by having the youngest in history of the divine realm who have reach the High Level High God come from our sect will surely make our sects name resound throughout."

This Grand Elder Chang Mi is surely a sly old fox. He perfectly portrayed as an elder who cares for the sect but secretly harbouring his selfish matter. Once Chang Shen become the youngest High Level High God, he Chang Mi will surely secure the Sect Masters position in the future.

The sect master look thoughtful as he glance at the silent elders. The elders don't want to offend the grand elder and they thought that the matter is only minor. Its been done before and its not new. Sect Master Kong Wen took his gaze away as he look at Qin Wei in stage. Indeed the child have no backing or family whatsoever. It would be safe and easy to cover.

The sect master nodded his head. Grand Elder Chang Mi was overjoyed.

A/N: This Quin greets fellow cultivators! May we walk and thread the path to greatness. 😊😄 Here is the promised Mass update!!