Chapter 12 - Big Puppy

Qin Luo left Lin Xiao alone to recuperate. She headed back outside the porch and sat down in the soft cushions. Qin Luo find her face getting hot as she remembered the mans face. He was even more handsome when he was awake.

His long black hair flowing like a waterfall. And the most astonishing is his silver eyes that seemed to see through her. Its like a roc with its glint and dangerous feeling. Qin Luo was affected to his beauty but her dignity as a cosmos creator won't allow her to stare like a lovestruck fool. Though Lin Xiao was pure and untainted she would never let her guard down.

Qin Luo's eyes darken as flashes of purple lightning pass by her deep eyes. Qin Luo have already experienced the betrayal of love. She was sure and confident that her past lover did indeed love her at one point of time, but power and fame slowly chip away that pure feeling and her past lover started thinking that since he is powerful and famous throughout the lands then he should have wealth and women befitting his status. He welcomed many concubines and consorts with beauties that could ruin cities in his estate. He never told Qin Luo of his escapades, and Qin Luo was always in seclusion for cultivation and don't have much connection to the material world.

She found out about his infidelity when a thousand years have already gone by. Qin Luo was excited and was preparing on surprising her lover by agreeing to marry him for celebration on the success of her cultivation of Divine Fate Eyes.

Just think about the feeling of seeing the world in many colors and understanding the essences and laws behind each color. And then an extremely disgusting and abhorrent being welcomes you with enthusiasm, that being was as dark as muddy pit of dirty water. Then you found out that it was your pure lover.

That was the last time Qin luo have seen the bastard. She trained and trained and was then renowned throughout, her name would bring terror and admiration. When she was at the peak of her glory she met her lover again in a convention of emperors. He has gone old and was still dirty and tainted. She ignored him and never once glance at him. But he was still yearning for her and he plead her to come back to him and he would straighten his ways. For Qin luo it no longer matter what he was or what he would do with his life. She told him that their path would no longer intersect in this lifetime. Like two parallel lines with one reaching for the heaven leaving the other still streaking in the earth.

Qin luo was startled from her memory lanes when she noticed that Lin Xiao have been leaning by the door frame , watching her as she changed her expression by a minute. Qin luo's stormy eyes then returned to its calmest state with no waves and ripples to be seen.

Lin Xiao was astonished as he watch her raging with emotions eyes returned to its usual calm in a blink of an eye. Her gaze was locked with his. For some reason Lin Xiao could feel a familiar feeling of loneliness in her eyes. The feeling that he would always have when he thought of how he would always be alone with no harbor to return to.

Why would she have such eyes?
Have she also felt the loneliness brought by eternity with no companion?

Lin Xiao find himself wanting to ask such questions. As curiosity for her past rise within his heart. A feeling of wanting to know everything about her bombarded his soul. A sense of companionship in a spiritual level was what he felt with Qin Luo at that time.

"Are you hungry?" Qin luo asked as she stand up to head to the kitchen. She walked past him as her fingers accidentally brushed against his. A feeling of electric shock greeted her as she found herself self conscious of his stare. But even though her self was warring an inner turmoil, it never showed in her face and eyes and was still as calm as ever.

"Wait here and make yourself comfortable, I will cook a nice meal to nourished your body." Qin luo said as she hurried to the kitchen.

Lin Xiao find himself wanting to always be at her presence, to have her eyes reflect his reflection. He followed her in the kitchen as he sat down on the small cushion with a little table. His eyes followed her every moved as she busied herself with cutting the ingredients and mixing the herbs that he could recognize into the pot. A pleasant smell of medicinal cuisine spread in the room and for some reason it calm his burning heart. It was the first time that someone cook for him. And the fact that someone would care for him brought a sense of happiness and loneliness to his heart, feelings that he found difficult to mix.

Qin luo could feel his gaze and it brought little butterflies fluttering in her stomach. Qin luo did her best to stamp the feelings down. After all she had known the man for a few hours and he already brought a huge disturbance in her heart. Qin luo could feel from his gaze a sense of spiritual affinity, like two lone wolves finding itself a companion of the same species.

Qin luo ignored this feeling as apprehension for her self for being easy to read flow in her heart. Qin luo steal a glance at Lin Xiao and for some reason find herself releasing a small laughter as she compare him to a big puppy waiting to be fed. His eyes never living her form as if she would vanish if he avert his gaze. Qin luo find herself feeling comforted with his gaze, she felt anchored to him.

A/N: Everyone I forgot to mention that this novel is a CPN. I updated and write in my old cherry phone so I would find it a little difficult to write long chapters. Sorry for the short chapters. And also sorry if I have wrong grammars as English is not my primary language.

😀 Happy reading!! 😘