Chapter 17 - Poisoned

In a little cabin in the middle of a quiet forest was a girl silently sewing, she had a slight content smile as her long and slender fingers traced the embroidered dragon on the sleeves of the red little robe. By her side was an outstanding and devilishly beautiful young man, elegantly sipping his hot tea as he admired the scenery of the splendid forest though he would sometimes glance at the young girl beside him.

Lin Xiao have been in the carefree mountain for five days. And during these five days he already felt countless emotions that sometimes made him happy or frustrated. For example in his second day staying with Qin Luo he found out that she was sewing childrens cloth so he thought that he might have a child and a husband and that made him so frustrated and stifled as he also couldn't point out his feelings correctly, true he like the girl but his feelings was like a newly open dam, bursting with so much force that he himself was afraid of. In a fit of his anger he almost shouted with irritation to Qin Luo if not for his formidable will, he might have done so.

Lin Xiao also found out that Qin Luo will not ask a question but she would answer if asked. He then calmly asks a lot of question. It was the third day that he found that the clothing she have been sewing was for her two younger brothers. Lin Xiao felt like a person who've gone to the underworld only to ascend to the heaven.

Lin Xiao don't know what to feel at the moment. He should be happy that someone was kind enough to let him stay when he was injured but there is a little whisper of his manly ego that was complaining with indignation. It had already been five days that he had stayed in Qin Luo's little cabin but the girl have not once taken a long glance at him. She would sometimes give him a glance but that was only when he was asking her questions but beside that she would not even spare him a little bit of attention. Lin Xiao know that he was abnormally handsome as many have already lost their sanity just by looking at his face and he was proud for it as its another weapon of survival. But this abnormally handsome face of him have no charm or effect at the young girl at all. She would not stare at him or try to take advantage of his weaken state to seduce him, no she would only feed him medicinal food and then left him to his devices.

Lin Xiao released a melancholic breath as he continued to sip his tea. He wondered at what was happening to his empire. Would his father search for him? Or would he be easily replaced by his brother? Though it doesn't really matter now as he was no longer a prince but just an ordinary lone cultivator with no family or home to return to.

Without him noticing his aura was already leaking bringing with it a great desolateness and death. The orchids near the window have withered in a second and all the grasses surrounding the cabin have wilted.

Lin Xiao was surprised as he immediately tried to restrain his aura but by forcefully doing so, it have caused his dormant poison to react. Lin Xiao then started coughing blood.

Qin Luo was dumbfounded for a second before she react fast. She supported his body as she let him lean on her she then held his wrist and sent little by little pure cosmic healing energy in his body. Qin Luo could have cured normal celestials with a bit of that energy but Lin Xiao was a cultivator one step away in becoming an Ancient Immortal Realm Lord. The energy needed in healing him is vast but she could only slowly sent it as to not damaged his death essence which is directly opposite of her life essence.

Qin Luo could feel Lin Xiao stabilised.

"Lin Xiao come let me take you to your bedroom to rest." Qin Luo whispered as she supported his body as they headed to the bedroom. She then slowly put him down and quickly covered him with the blanket.

Qin Luo could see that Lin Xiao's complexion was wan and pale. His red lips have gone white, devoid with its previous redness. His forehead was creased with frowns as his breathing was erratic. Beads of sweat have trickled down his forehead to his chin. Qin Luo felt distressed as she could only tend to him by making him comfortable. Holding his hands and continuing to send life essence to his body, Qin Luo slowly fell asleep.

Lin Xiao could vaguely feel Qin Luo's warm and soft hand holding his own and sending his cold body some warmth. Lin Xiao could feel extreme pain and it would only ease down when Qin Luo's life energy would patch up the broken meridians that the poison have been breaking. Even then it could only ease up the pain but not completely remove it. Lin Xiao knew that he would probably die.

"Luo'er...Luo'er..."

Qin Luo heard Lin Xiao's voice and she slowly got up, exhaustion evident in her little face. She only felt this weakness when she was still powerless but to feel it again today was new to her. It was evident that the energy she have sent to Lin Xiao body have all been devoured by his death essence. Thus not really providing help but only delaying it.

"W..What is it?"

She asked anxiously. Even though Qin Luo made herself believe that she doesn't care but deep within her, her soul was already shivering in fear. Fearing that its destined mate would pass away without even properly spending time together.

She feared that she will have to wait another cycle of Grand Kalpas to wait for her destined dao companion. Even though she tried her best in ignoring the pull toward Lin Xiao but when it come to his safety being compromise, she felt indignation. She was the all powerful cosmos creator but she can't even save her own mate.

Looking at Lin Xiao's wan complexion. Qin Luo's heart squeeze with pain and worry. Lin Xiao was looking at her as if to imprint the very contours of her face to his soul and to not forget her even in his next lifetime.

The two was looking at each others eyes. The very window to their soul.

Lin Xiao was looking at the girl holding his hands firmly as if not to let him go. Looking at the little anxious face. He smiled knowing that she do care about him. That's enough for him.

Qin Luo look at the man on the bed. She watch as his face bloom in a beautiful smile. Looking at his smile Qin Luo made a decision. A decision that would affect her life forever.

A/N: Uppy Update!! Sorry for the very late Update.