Chapter 9 - City

The sun was high in the sky as many carriages pass each other in the wide road leading to the Hidden Fragrance City.  All carriages carried family with childrens in hope of getting accepted in one of the 4 school of the hidden fragrance city. Among them an inconspicuous carriage guided by two ordinary brown mule was trotting leisurely. Its pace was measured and time together , its quiet funny to watch two mules raised their heads and trot like royals.
Yes this carriage was precisely the one with Qin Wei and Qin Jin inside. The two have traveled for 3 hours and nearing the city now. They have even finished eating the pastries that their sister pack for them.
The Two was currently playing chess to pass time. Their moves was like generals who were undergoing a great invasion. The two was used to being trampled by their sister in chess that they didn't notice their playing have already pass some masters. Though they always lose to their sister but when the two played against each other it would always be a clinch victory.

Qin Wei place the last knight and finally grab victory. Little droplets of sweat flowed in his little forehead as the situation with Qin Jin is also the same.

"He he he Big brother it's my win. Now I have 45 wins 50 loses and 5 abstain." Qin Wei laugh loudly patting his chest in a smug manner.

"Alright its little Wei's win this big brother of yours wont rob you. "Qin Jin said in a serious voice as he smiled at his little twins outburst. The two of them were always obedient in front of their big sis and rarely oppose her instruction but when they are alone they would always contest against each other just for the joy of challenging one another. In the bottom of their hearts they thirst for strength and love. Love has been given by their big sister and the opportunity of gaining power have been open in front of them and the road is already pave they only need to endure and persevere then there would be a day they can grasp in their hands the power to protect.

"Big brother which school are we enrolling? Big sis said that she would not interfere with our choices." Qin wei asked as he stare outside the window to see the nearing gate of hidden fragrance city.

"We should decide once we have enough information about the four school and their prestige."

"But why do we have to go? Its not like sister cant teach us. "

"Wei'er you must not have such thoughts. Big sis want us to have experience and not to rely on her power for everything. We must persevere so that there would be a day she would rely on us too. "

"Yes big brother. Wei'er wont have such thoughts anymore."

Qin wei was reminded of how powerless they felt when they were little and they could only watch their sister slowly die in front of them. A strong surge of fighting spirit burn on his chest as his clear gaze reflected his unwillingness and thirst for power.

Qin Jin could see that his brothers gaze have regained its strong vigour as he too strengthened his resolve. Between the two of them Qin Jin was always the mature one and Qin Wei the most carefree and playful. But both of them now know that they cant always rely on their big sister forever and thus even though they would miss her they have to endure and grit their teeth and train more harder. Its specially difficult for them as they have water element which is prominently known as the weakest. Their big sis told them that if there ever was a school that would accept them despite their seemingly handicap then it should be the one they should chose.

Both of them was startled into reality as the two horses neigh and stop which means that they have arrived. Both of them look in each others eyes and with a burning spirit reflected in their clear and innocent eyes they disembarked.

What they saw first was a very big gate made of metal and strong tall walls that could reach up to 500 meters in height.

They proceeded to the lines of people entering the city. Many gazes was casted upon them as they don't have a guardian with them. Couple with their handsome and cute looks many find them appealing. Some ladies who are already a mother find their motherly instinct kicking as pity overwhelm them but no one approached as this world always have children dying by seconds either by beast or by the hands of the people. No one wanted responsibility thrust on them if they take pity on the two children. So after a couple of glances they never look again.

Qin jin and Qin wei both ignored the attention they stirred as they waited in line for their turn.

Once their turn came the two guards look at them and said in a voice void with emotion.

"Two low grade spirit stones for entrance. "

Qin Jin immediately reach for his chest pocket and pretended to take money inside even though he just summon the stone from his space ring. He did it to avoid suspicion and unnecessary attention. He immediately handed four low grade spirit stones to the guard and held his little brothers hand and into the city they walk.

They found a restaurant and chose the most famous as they wanted to eat their full. They stood at the entrance of heavenly fragrance restaurant and took a step inside.  No one block their way mainly because the way they carried their selves with composure and nobility and also from the clothes they wore which seem ordinary at first if you don't notice the silver and golden linings embroidered at the sleeves of their robes. As expected from the employees of the best restaurant they could discern that they aren't ordinary from their apparels.

A waiter took them to a table near the window. They could see the bustling street below and see the sea of people going about their business. It was the first time they saw so many people in one place. They were amazed at the sight. They then order some food and took their time eating and listening to information's about the four schools.

They found out that out of the four school only the Burning Heaven School accepts any type of disciple as long as they reach the peak level god  before 16.
Both Qin Jin and Qin Wei look at each other simultaneously and released a small smirk. Not to say peak level god they are already a low level high god. A level higher than the required cultivation level and they both are still 10 years old. They finished eating and started heading towards the Burning Heaven School. They would like to see what kind of school this 'accepts anybody no matter what their divine essence is'.