Chapter 13 - Love NO More

Qin Luo immediately squashed her feelings down and continued to be busied with her cooking. Her movements were at ease and seem to be in no hurry. Very different from her inner turmoil. Though she have only known Lin Xiao for only a few hours, she find herself feeing comfortable and she hate feeling comfortable with an unknown man. Though from the deepest part of her, something that she herself have already forgotten seem to stir to life.

Hope and dreams of everlasting affection and comfort of love that she have already locked and chained away to the deepest of her very being started to loosen before she tightly and securely tightens the restraints again. Qin luo knows that it would be difficult to trust a man and view somebody as a love interest again as she have already known the pain and struggles that would always accompany you if you have someone dear to your heart.

Though Qin Luo can hold familial affections for her brothers she find herself on guard for any men that would have a stirrings of spring for her. And she knows that the man sitting at her table have a tinge of curiosity for her. And curiosity have always been the springboard for affection. Qin luo resolve herself to never respond to this mans curiosity and clamp up for any questions asked.

She finished cooking the medicinal cuisine and readied the food and side dishes to serve in the table. After everything is ready she serve the food in the table.

"After you finished eating you should head in and rest more. Just leave the dishes in the table I will clean it after I finished meditation."

Qin luo said after she settle everything and without waiting for Lin Xiao to reply she already headed outside to go in the middle of the lake where the cyan meditation boulder is located. Qin luo calmed her heart to enter the meditative state. Qin Lou find herself uneasy with the presence of Lin Xiao maybe its because he is an Ancient Immortal or maybe she could feel that he could stir her emotions so easily. Qin luo felt fear and reluctance to accept the feelings that came from her soul, her very essence.

For Immortals and gods alike to find a dao companion is to feel the compatibility of their souls. Both have to feel at home and at ease with each other with no fear and doubts of betrayal. Even Qin luo did not easily accept her past lovers proposal for becoming dao companions as they would be tied to the very essence of their souls.

To become Dao companions one must give a piece of their soul essence to the other. They would then become intimately connected and would be each others harbor to return to. It is a blessing and a curse. Once they have each a piece of the other souls they would not be able to marry and love another for eternity, all of their secrets and knowledge would be known to the other.

That's why it would need a huge amount of faith and trust.

And Qin luo and her past lover almost went with the ceremony of dao companions if not for her discovering her lovers infidelity. Now that she think about it she felt lucky that she accidentally found a ruin of a fallen god who cultivated the eyes of the divine.

If not for that then she would be tied to a disgusting man with false affections with no choice but to silently endure. Qin luo shuddered at the thought of her past lover holding a piece of her soul essence. As dao companions are connected they could feel each others feelings and if one of them betrayed the other and be intimate with another the other one would feel sensations of needles prickling their souls.
It means that every time her past lover bed countless women then she would feel it. Qin luo felt very fortunate that she didn't become that mans dao companion or how many trials would she have to endure for that pig.

Qin luo calmed her heart and enter deep meditation to contemplate her emotions. She would not love any other and she would not trust another with her soul as it would be a nectar of life or a poison of death. It would be a gamble and though she knew that love is always a gamble she would rather not gamble and be at ease with being alone. Though it would be lonely she had already gotten used to loneliness as it is her companion for many years now and it would be in the future. Yes she would be alone till the end of time. Even though she have her little brothers to wade through loneliness and compile memories of happiness but as she is eternal she is destined to be alone.

Others would change but she alone will remain unchanged may it be her emotions and her very being. Everything is as still and unmoved. She had already resign herself with this and she would not dream for more. Its already a blessing to have her two little brothers and it would be too greedy for her to hope to have somebody understand and stand by her side.

Though her soul feel comfortable with Lin Xiao she will not wish for him to accompany her through her extremely and forever unchanging life. The man ooze with pure essence and that have been one of her reasons of saving him. After he heals then she would send him on his way. A prick of pain ripples in her heart but she ignored it. She will not let his and her fate tangle together as she know that once a knot have been formed it would be difficult to untangle it and maybe it would be her downfall or her miracle.

She would send him away once he is healed and maybe someday she would forget him and for once she might regret her decision for letting a chance slip away. But she rather regret it than subject a person she might hold dear to the feelings of the void. The very word of desolation.

A/N: sorry for the late update. I've been so busy for many reasons. I only secretly wrote this chapter super fast. Thanks for the votes and Happy Reading!! 😘😘😘😘