Chapter 42

(Hey sorry guys! Going to skip a head to the day after the funeral!!! Sorry, not much to do until then.)

*Cameron POV* 

Yesterday was hard, and Chloe hasn't called or texted me since we left the funeral yesterday. She was extremely upset and I didn't blame her. I didn't want to bug her a whole lot either, so I let her respond when she wanted to. 

I felt the sudden vibrations in my pocket and looked to see it was Nash calling me.

*Covo*

Me: Hey.

Nash: Hey. I know that this is probably not the best time but, they changed the contest to this weekend. So today we are picking the winners and taking them out on Sunday since today is Friday, that gives them time to fly in or whatever. 

Me: Great. Umm, when are we picking them? Like what time? 

Nash: In an hour. 

Me: Ok I'll be there. 

I hung up. Great. All I needed. I haven't even formally met Chloe's aunt Rose yet. And I told Chloe we would do something this weekend. I would have to make up a story, I didn't want to lie, but I could just see her losing it and being overwhelmed. I decided to call her. 

(Convo)

Chloe: Hey.... 

She said weakly.

Me: Hey babe, how are you? 

Chloe: Just laying in bed. How are you? 

Me: I would be better if you were with me. Other than that I guess I'm ok. Hey I have to go do something with Nash, and then I was wondering if you wanted to come to my house tonight and tomorrow we could go to the beach or something with the group. 

Chloe: Yeah that sounds good. I'll get around, just text me when you are on your way. 

Me: Will do. I love you so much. You know that right? 

Chloe didn't respond for a moment. 

Chloe: Yes, I know that. I love you more. Bye.

Me: Bye.

She hesitated. Was she getting tired of me? I was hoping not. I didn't want to lose her. 

Once I was off the phone I ran upstairs and got ready and headed to the Magcon offices. Once I showed up, Nash jumped on me playfully. 

"Hey!! You ready to go pick our winners?" He asked. I nodded smiling. "Chloe knows about this right?" He questioned. I shook my head no. "Why the hell not!?" He rose his voice.

"It's complicated." I spoke softly. 

"If she figures out, and figures out you lied, she will flip." He warned me. 

"I know I know. Can we just go pick them?" I grew frustrated. We walked into the room and watched video after video until we all picked one. I picked a girl from Florida named Becka. She was cute I guess. 

Once I finished I texted Chloe and let her know that I was on my way.

*Chloe POV* 

Once I got Cameron's text, I just told Rose that I was staying at Victoria's tonight. I knew she would flip about me staying with Cameron, especially since she's never met him. Which I was hoping would happen this weekend. Once I saw Cameron pull in, I walked out to his car. 

"Hey beautiful." He smiled as I climbed into the car. Even though he called me beautiful everyday, I still got butterflies when he said it. 

"Hey sexy." I responded. I noticed my mood changed once I said it. He smiled and pulled out of the drive. 

"So what do you want to do tonight?" He asked, placing his hand on my leg. 

"Can we just go back to your house and chill?" I asked, placing my hand on top of his, rubbing his knuckles. He nodded. 

Once we got back to his house, I walked inside and straight up stairs and stole his large t-shirt and a pair of his shorts. As I came back down the stairs, I saw him smile. He walked into the kitchen and I followed him. "Pizza?" He asked grabbing a frozen one out of the fridge. I nodded. I leaned against the island in the middle of the kitchen. Once he preheated the oven and turned, he stopped and looked at me.

"What?" I laughed.

"You know, there is something about seeing your girlfriend in your clothing. It's sexy." He walked to me, picking me up, sitting me on the counter top. He stood in between my legs. He ran his hands up my thighs and kissed me. It's been to long since I had kissed him. I leaned into it, placing my hands on his shoulders. He smiled. "I got my Chloe back." He pulled away and whispered. I smiled. 

"You know Cameron, I was usually shy about guys like touching me and stuff, but I'm not anymore." I laughed. "See what you do?" I blamed him. 

"Well it's nice to know that you only respond to my touch." He laughed and walked away, placing the pizza in the oven.

(Sorry kind of short! BUT HERE YOU GO!!)