Chapter 22

*Chloe P.O.V*

Taylor had no right to pull my phone from my hands. The comment about me being part of the family made it a little better, but he didn't understand what was going on. Luke decided to text me and give me shit about how I could do better than Cameron and I was trying to fight back, but I eventually gave up and deleted the the messages. Thank the lord I did before Cameron got my phone. Not that I was worried about him seeing it, it was just I didn't want him to try and start a fight with him. 

"Chloe," I heard a fan call from front of Cameron, "can we have a picture of you, Cameron and us?" She pointed at her friend next to her. I nodded and stood. Cameron and I put our hands around each other's sides and the girls stood on each side of us as their mom took the photo. They took some additional photo's of just them and Cameron and some with just me. 

The rest of the day went like this. Until it finally died down and we were left with like ten more fans. Once we finished the guys decided to play the oldest game in the book, freeze tag. I thought it was pathetic until they set up chairs and tables as obstacles to jump over and such, which made the game way harder. I sat and watched the first round. It was like watching ninjas. They would run and flip over stuff and then continue to run. Nash was it the first round and Cameron would be next round. Cameron ran to me.

"Come babe, come play. I'm it." He winked. I laughed and agreed. Cameron stood at the end of the ballroom and counted down from ten. The rest of us scurried to make sure we were far from Cameron. Once he hit one, he took off and way we all ran. I took off running in the opposite direction he went. I saw him tap Shawn on the other side of the room. I knew I was slightly faster than Cameron. Once Cam took off after Matt, I took off to go un-freeze Shawn. Cameron noticed and turned to try and get me. He blocked my path I was planning on taking, which left me with the choice to either jump over a table or run away. I wasn't going to take the easy route. I was stronger than that. I wanted to show the guys that. I tricked Cam to think I was going to run away. He turned and going after Nash. I planted my feet, spinning around and slid across the table. I tumbled across the floor but jumped back up like they did in the movies. I ran and tapped Shawn, then quickly ran away. I heard everyone yell in disbelief. I laughed as I turned to see all the other boys out besides Shawn. But soon after, down Shawn went. It was me vs Cameron. This would be fun.

In a split second I ran to the closest person to me, which was Taylor. I tapped him, Nash, and Matt before I had my first close call with  Cameron. He was right at my heels, but I couldn't let him catch me. I used the rest of my energy to pull ahead of him a little making him want to go after Matt. Nash and Taylor already got tagged and I was to tired to try and go save them. Matt eventually got tagged as I stood trying to catch my breath on the other side of the room. He stood and looked at me. I gave him a smirk, then away he went after me. I turned to run away and yet again he was on my heels. This time I would let him get me. I feel him grab me and lift me off the ground, spinning me around.

"I WON!" He yelled as we spun. I laughed as he pretended to fall, making me land on top of him. We both laughed and I looked into his eyes. He leaned forward and kissed me. I kissed back as I felt someone lift me off. I turn to see Taylor. He threw me over his shoulder and walked away. I found this very odd. 

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked as he carried me to a table setting me on top of it. Cameron rushed over and pushed Taylor, in a slightly pissed of and slightly playful way. 

"I need to talk with you." Taylor sighed. "Alone." He turned, but the guys weren't going anywhere. He lifted me again and took me into a large supply closet and closed the door, locking it. He turned back to me with a serious face. 

"What do you want Taylor?" I asked, half scared and half confused. He stood for a moment.

"So you're from here?" He asked setting his hands on his hips. 

"Yeah. Why?" I asked crossing my arms.

"What high school did you go to before?" He asked anxiously.

"West-side?" I answered. 

"Shit....." He put his head down.

"What?" I asked taking a step towards him.

"You know you're ex Luke?" He looked back up at me. I nodded. "Ok, so you know that rumor that was being spread your school about Luke cheating on you?" He took a step back from me. I nodded again. "I would just like to say I'm sorry." He put his head back to the ground. 

"Sorry for what? He cheated on me didn't he?" I asked taking another step towards him. 

"No, he didn't....." He paused for a moment. "You see, at the time that he was dating you, this guy had a HUGE crush on you and didn't want to see you with a jerk like him, so he decided to spread this rumor. Trying to get you guys to break up. And once it worked, you moved away so the kid never got a chance to try and flirt with you." At this point I was highly confused and had no words.

"Who was the kid?" I asked, thinking I already knew the answer. He looked at me then back to the ground pointing at himself. My hands went to my forehead in disbelief. I turned away from him, trying to put the pieces together. He turned and punched the wall. Great all I need was another freaking guy to like me. Just great. At this point I almost wished I was to be considered ugly. Shawn and now Taylor. I couldn't win. 

"Why wouldn't you just come talk to me? It's not like I was going to rip your head off." I turned back to Taylor as he sat with his back on the door. 

"I was afraid you would say no and laugh. I wasn't popular in high school, I was the one kid that no-one wanted to hang out with. I had a group of friends but most of them drank and did drugs. I wasn't that type of person." He put his head down. I stood for a second. 

"Come here." I said. He looked at me weird. I gestured him to come to me. He stood and walked to me. I wrapped my hands around his neck and he wrapped his hands around my waist. 

"If you would have talked to me back then, maybe I would have said yes. Maybe I would have noticed how much of a jerk Luke was, and broke up with him. You can't be afraid to express how you feel." I whispered into his ear, as I felt his arms squeeze tighter around me. I pulled away. "But, I can't say yes now. I'm sorry." He nodded and looked at me. Taylor was usually always a jerk, but I saw the side that was soft. He turned and opened the door. The rest of the guys stood and Cameron turned to me with a nasty look on his face. 

"We need to talk." He whispered into my ear.