Chapter 37

(WARNING!!!!! This is a VERY emotional chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have tissues ready!)))))))

*Chloe POV*

I sat for a minute and hear another knock on my window. I stood and opened it. I looked down into the yard and there stood Cameron.

"What do you want Cameron?" I asked harshly.

"Don't be that way. Can I come up?" He asked.

"Yeah, but your going to have to come through Brads window, cause thats the only tree you can climb." I closed my window and walked into Brads room. He was sitting on his bed reading a magazine. 

"What are you doing?" He asked as Cameron and I walked up stairs.

"Sneaking Cameron in here, so stay quiet." I instructed. Cameron climbed up the tree with ease and into Brads room. I turned and walked into my room, sitting on my bed. Cameron followed and closed my door. "So what do you want?" I was giving him the cold shoulder.

"Chloe, please don't be this way." He begged and sat on the bed beside me. I scooted away. 

"How else do you expect me to be? All happy and pretend like you didn't just up and leave me at the beach?" I crossed my arms. 

"Your so fucking stubborn!" He shook his head. I laughed sarcastically. "I came here to apologize. I'm sorry I got mad and left, but its just I want you to be apart of my life and I'm trying so hard to find a way  to make it all work....." He was interrupted by the sound of Brad yelling for me, from down stairs. I stood and ran out of my door and flew down the stairs, Cameron followed. I rounded the corner into the kitchen and Brad was trying to get my mom up. I ran to her side and listened for a heartbeat. She was breathing, but not well. 

"Brad, call mom's doctor. NOW! Cameron lift her and get her into the car." Brad ran and called her doctor letting him know what was going on. Then Cameron picked my mom up and carried her out to the car, laying her in the backseat. She was unconscious. Brad sat in the front seat and I sat in the back with my mom as Cameron drove us. We shortly arrived at the hospital and Cam carried her in.

"WE NEED A DOCTOR!" Cameron yelled as he ran into the emergency room. Nurses came and put her on a stretcher as her doctor came and took over. Brad, Cameron, and I took a seat in the waiting room, and waited until they got her breathing under control and she regained consciousness. 

"Chloe Montez?" The doctor came out.

"Yeah." I stood.

"Your mother has requested to see you." He motioned me to her room. I walked in scared.

"Hey mom." I tried to smile. My mom looked so tired and ready to give up. She had a machine pretty much helping her breath to a degree. 

"Hey.... Honey...." She was winded. I knew that her time was going to be soon. 

"Your ready aren't you?" I asked starting to cry. 

"Yes..... I am ready..... They say that when they take me off the machine, I might be able to breath or I might not. I know what I'm about to say is going to sound erregular, but I'm going to have them give me an anaesthetic to put me to sleep. Then they will pull the machine and see if i continue breathing. If I do, then ok. But if I don't, then I don't die in a painful way." She smiled. She sounded so confident in what she was doing. 

"But mom, I'm not ready for you to go." I laid next to her and cried into her shoulder. She wrapped her arms around me.

"God says its time." She kissed my head. "I do want to see Cameron and Brad though, before they do it." I interrupted her.

"Your doing it tonight!?" I sat up, surprised. She nodded. 

"They are preparing for it right now." She half smiled. I got up and walked out getting Cameron and Brad. They followed me back into the room. My mom explained to them what she was going to do, as I sat on the other side of the room, speechless. Brad curled up next to her and began to cry. I stood and curled up on the other side of her and Cameron sat behind me. We all sat and cried. 

"We are ready when you are, Mrs. Montez." The doctor came in and informed her with a sorrowed look on his face. She nodded as we got up.

"Cameron, take Brad out in the waiting room. Please." I asked him. Brad cried and told my mom how much he loved her and walked out with Cameron. I would stay with my mom. The nurses brought in the machine that would put her to sleep and prepared it. I sat on the other side, holding my mom's hand bawling. The placed the mask over her mouth and nose. 

"Chloe, I love you so much..... I will see you again... Take care of Brad." She cried.

"I love you to! I promise I will!" I cried. She soon then drifted to sleep. After a few minutes, the doctor turned the machine off. I watched her chest go up and down, not inhaling again. The heart monitor flat lined, and I lost it. I bawled next to my mom, wanting her back. After a few minutes I stood and walked out of the room. Once Brad and Cam saw me they knew she was gone. Brad ran to me and cried into my shoulder and Cameron embraced both of us. We all sat and cried until Cameron finally led us to the car. Cameron drove us home. Brad fell asleep in the backseat so Cameron carried him up stairs and met me in my room. 

"I watched her take that final breath..... That was one of the hardest things I have ever been through." I laid in my bed and Cameron joined me allowing me to cry into his chest until I fell asleep. 

( Ok I can admit that I CRIED while writing this so I'm sorry if you guys cry.)