Chapter 14

"What did we do?" I asked kind of concerned. My mom was not one for lectures, unless it was important. 

"You guys didn't do anything." Cameron and I took a sigh of relief. "Cameron, I actually want to thank you." She paused for a moment. He looked puzzled.

"For what?" He asked. 

"For taking care of Chloe. She's had a few boy friends in her past, but none like you. I haven't really been the best mother. I was so stressed with her father that I forgot what I was truly living for. I forgot my kids." She got choked up, but continued. "Two years ago, I saw Chloe change. She wasn't her happy, bubbly self. And yet again, I let my attention be in the wrong areas. Last year, I found this note in her room." She pulled it out of her pocket. She started to read it. 

"Dear Dad, 
     I hate you. I want you to know that you are the reason. You beat me, emotionally and physically. You sexually harassed me. I thought not telling anybody would help me but it didn't. You are a monster, I don't even want to call you my father. I see how you treat mom, your a disgrace. You don't deserve a wife like her. She is stronger with out you. I want you to know your the reason I am not here today." My mom paused wiping the tears from her eyes. I remember the suicide note, I thought I got rid of it. She continued. 

"Dear Brad, 
      You are an amazing brother, friend, and you strength was the reason I haven't done this earlier. You have to be strong for mom, and for me. I couldn't bare to live another day. But you, you were the one reason I felt the need to live for. I'm sorry I had to leave you behind. Stay strong. I love you." My mother turned to Brad, who was crying. Cameron stood, walking to him, and wrapped him in a tight hug. I was crying as well. I knew who's letter was next and I saw my mom really start to get upset.

"Dear Mom,
      I am so sorry to leave you. You are my inspiration and my rock. I ask you to leave dad. I see the pain he has caused you. He does not DESERVE you! I never told you what he did to me when I was eight. He raped me mom. I didn't want to tell you. We have enough problems, and he is the reason I'm not here. You have lost sight of Brad. He will need you to be there for him once I am gone. You have lost sight of one of the greatest gifts God could ever give you. Brad is amazing. He loves you beyond measure. Please,  spend more time with him. You taught me so much, and i could talk to you about anything. But i just couldn't about dad. You have to stay strong. For me. It has come to the point where it hurts to take a single breath. I can't take it anymore. I get bullied every day. I just can't take it anymore. I love you. I will see you someday again. When you think of me I want you to say this. "She was strong, she was happy, and most of all she valued everything she had." I value you all so much, and I sorry. This is my final good bye. Love, Chloe." My mom finished it. Cameron made his way to my mother who broke down. Cameron then came to me in tears. He sat wrapping me up and my mother. Brad joined in. Once we all had our break down moment, my mom sat back up.

"There is one more part. This is a letter she wrote the day after." She pulled the other note out her pocket. "Cameron Dallas. Wow, who knew that a 6 second clip of a guy saying that I am strong enough, could stop me from going through with it. That was my sign i guess. I'm still having a rough time but, I am not going to kill myself. Thanks Cameron." She looked up. Cameron squeezed me in tight.

"So you see Cameron, you saved a life. We had reasons to thank you before we even met you. And now here you are. I've seen a change in Chloe. She has gone back to being herself. And that's because of you. So again, thank you." She stood giving Cameron a hug.

"And Chloe, Brad. I want to say I'm sorry for not being there when you guys needed me. Can you forgive me?" We nodded hugging each other. "Ok so, I'm done with my emotional lecture. Brad you staying here?" She started to walk out.

"Heck yeah!" He responded, punching Cameron in the arm and running away. Cameron took off after him.

"See ya guys!" My mom yelled and walked out. I sat back. Cameron came back to me.

"Wow, that was rough. I want to talk to you later ok?" He knelt down and kissed me. I nodded. 

"You guys want to go watch a movie?" Cameron asked heading down into the basement. Brad and I followed. 

"What movie you want to watch, Brad?" I asked him.

"Ummm Major Payne!" He ran over, grabbing it from the shelf. We put it in. Cameron sat next to me and Brad sat on the other side of him. I laid across the couch and put my head on to his lap. He started to play with my hair. I drifted to sleep. 

Later on I woke up and heard the sounds of Cameron and Brad doing something up stairs. I got up hitting a chair on my way. 

"Ouch." I whispered, getting up off the floor. As I went up the stairs and walked into the living room, there sat a huge fort made out of chairs and pillows and sheets. 

"What the heck are you guys doing?" I asked crawling through the opening. 

"We got bored so we built a fort. And no girls allowed!" Brad demanded, pushing me out the opening. Cameron laughed. 

"Oh, so that's how it's going to be." I said calling Victoria. "Hey come over to Cameron's, I need your help with something." Soon the doorbell rang and I ran to answer it. 

"What do you need, chicka!" She asked noticing the fort the guys built. 

"The guys here built a fort but for guys only. So I decided I wanted to build a fort just for girls." I winked at Cameron. 

"Let's do it!" She said laying her stuff down. We gathered everything we needed and in 30 minutes, we had our own fort, with a sign saying "GIRLS ONLY!" outside the entry way. I ran up to Cameron's room and found a photo album of all his modeling gigs. I snuck it into the tent and Victoria and me looked through them. Cameron knew we were up to no good and decided to barge in, seeing the album. 

"Oh, you found my album?" He grabbed for it. Victoria and I with all our might, manged to push him out the doorway. Victoria and I snuck into the garage and found a bunch of foam balls. We were going to sabotage their fort. We snuck back in, then began to throw the balls at their fort. They ran out  grabbing the ones previously thrown and threw them at us. Soon after, both forts were gone but we continued to fight. 

"Brad cover me! I'm going to take a hostage!" He ran to me throwing me over his shoulder and carrying me up stairs. He ran into his room, shutting his door and locking it. He then threw me on to his bed. I tried to get up and run away, but he pulled me right back down.

"Where you think you're going!" He pinned me down. 

"No where now." I laughed. He bent down and kissed me. And like always, we got interrupted by Victoria.

"Are we interrupting something!" She barged in, throwing a ball at Cam. 

"I give up!" He plopped on the bed beside me, putting his hands up. I laughed. 

"I'm ready for bed." I said looking up noticing that it was 11. 

"Chloe and I will sleep in here. Brad you can sleep in the guest bedroom. Victoria you can sleep in the other guest bedroom." He said standing up, showing them where they were going to sleep. He then came back into his room, taking his shirt off. I whistled and laughed. He threw me a pair of his sweats. I changed and got into his bed. He then came and laid next to me, after shutting the lights off.

"Where you really going to kill yourself?" He asked.

"Yeah, I really was. I never thought anyone was going to find that letter. I thought I got rid of it."

"I'm so glad you didn't." He pulled me close to him.

"I am to. I love you." I responded.

"I love you to." He then drifted to sleep. I was so glad I was with him, but I knew that our most challenging times of being a couple would lie ahead, with Emily and his modeling.