Chapter 9

( If you guys a have any suggestions on what you would like to see happen let me know! Until then i'm just going to continue to write.)

Cameron walked me upstairs and let me sit for a minute. I could hear my father banging on every door and window, cussing his lungs out. I started to cry again. I knew that at some point i would have to face him and Cameron wouldn't be here.  I decided to go down stairs and get something to drink as Cameron set Brads room up for paint. As i walked down stairs and grabbed a glass of water, I saw a letter on the table. It was from my dads work . I opened and began to read.

"Dear Mr. Montez......." It talked a little about how much they enjoyed having him. "With this, we are sorry to say, but we have to release you. Fellow staff members have said that you have shown some aggressive behavior towards them. We cannot have this. After this week, you will not be returning." I dropped my glass on to the floor, with glass shattering into my foot.

"SHIT!" I yelled jumping to get out of the way of the glass. Cameron flew down the stairs. I put out my hand signaling him to stop. He noticed the glass on the floor and went and got his shoes on.  He slowly walked to me lifting me up and carrying me to the carpet floor. 

"What the hell?" He looked at my bleeding foot. "I'll be right back." He went into the bathroom grabbing some bandages. I stood in shock. "What's wrong?" He asked

"My dad got fired." I said weakly, knowing that he would now be home all the time. 

"Shit." He said heading to clean the glass of the floor. Once it was clean, we headed back upstairs and started to paint.

"I don't want you here with your dad..." Cameron started to say. 

"Cameron.... You won't be able to be here all the time to save me." I snapped. 

"Why not!" He rose his voice.

"Cameron. I'm going to have to face him by myself." I lowered my voice.

"I can't let him hurt you!" He yelled now. "Why the hell haven't you told your mom?!" 

"It's harder than what you think!" I began to raise my voice again. 

"Ok... So, your choosing abuse over safety! That's messed up!" Cameron turned to me, throwing the paint brush on to the ground. 

"Cameron! What do you suspect me to do!" I turned, also throwing my brush on to the ground.

"I want you to tell your mom!" He yelled getting closer to me.

"We have enough problems in this family! I'm not adding another." I turned away from him, going to pick up my brush. He grabbed my arm spinning me back around. 

"We aren't done talking!" He held on to my arm tightly. I looked down at his hand and pushed him off, running into my room. He should have known not to grab me like that. I slammed my door locking it. I heard him say cuss to himself. He knew what he did wrong.

"Chloe! I'm sorry! I shouldn't have grabbed you like that. I didn't think about it. Please let me in." I heard him place his head on the door. I was crying. I couldn't speak. I wanted to let him in but i was pissed. I sat for a minute. I heard him slide down the door and his slight mutters of him blaming himself. I couldn't stand to not let him in any longer. I opened the door. 

"Chloe! I'm sorry!" He stood quickly, emphrasing me in a hug. I pushed him off. I was still mad. I sat on my bed and he sat next to me.

"I shouldn't have put my hand on you. Forgive me. Please. I can't stand to see you mad at me." He came closer. I turned away. I was to overwhelmed at the moment. 

"Let's just go paint Brad's room." I said standing a walking out of my room. He followed. I walked over to the dresser and turned on some music. And of course the song Swap it Out by Justin Bieber was on. The first line went "Open up to me, it's all you gotta do. Give me all your heart, i swap mine out with you." Cameron looked at me with hope, but i turned and continued to paint. He looked disappointed. I didn't like seeing him this way, but i just couldn't handle it right now. We got three walls done when i believe Cameron couldn't take my silence. 

"Are you going to talk to me?" He turned with tears in the corner of his eyes. "I know it's not my place to tell you to do anything, but that's what boyfriends do. They try to make everything better, for the girl they love. And when we see them getting hurt, we would do anything to help them and stop it. That's what relationships are! They are sharing of feelings. And Chloe you have been very open with me and i'm grateful for that. But your my life now. I can't stand this!" He ranted on and on, crying. "Why won't you talk to m...." I cut him off, kissing him lightly on the lips. 

"Cameron," i started to say, "i'm just very upset right now, and overwhelmed. I'm not mad. I just have a lot to think about right now." He nodded, still trying to hold back anymore tears. He was hurt. We continues painting. An hour later we finished the painting and the sounds of my dad had subsided. But I didn't know if he was still outside. I heard a car door, it was my mom. I was grateful. But the sounds of my mom bickering, told me that my dad was still outside. 

"Chloe! Get your ass down here!" She yelled up the stairs throwing her purse on the ground. I headed down as Cameron followed.

"Why the hell did you lock your dad outside!" She said loudly. I couldn't really tell her so i just sat there. Cameron nudged me to tell, but i just couldn't do it. Cameron shook his head. He was disappointed and my mom still wanted an answer. 

"We had an argument and i got mad and locked him out. I'm sorry it won't happen again." I put my head down.

"It better not happen! Cameron it was nice having you, but you need to go home. Chloe, your grounded. Which means you can only go to school and back, no more. Go to bed." She demanded, opening the door for Cameron. I sat on the stairs and began to cry. 

"Text me all the time. I want to make sure your ok. I'll sneak up later tonight if you want me to. Just text me and let me know." He whispered kissing me on the forehead, and walked out. I started to head up stairs,

"Mom, you might want to know that you "husband" has gotten fired." I said reaching the top step. She looked at him with miss belief. I went into my room and locked my door. I sat on my bed and thoughts of the day ran through my head. I never wanted to fight with Cameron, he was my only rock at this point. And now there was going to be some tension between us. Great. But he seemed to really care, like no guy i've ever been in a relationship with. He was different.

Suddenly I heard the crash of something down stairs. I ran out of my room and as i turned the corner, the only thing I could see was blood.