Chapter 8

( No school today!) 

I had set my alarm on my phone cause we had school. It went off around 530. 

"What the hell?" Cameron asked. 

"It's monday, School?" I said getting up. "I have to head home and get ready. But once you get ready i'll have you take me home. I don't want to be there by myself...." I walked into the kitchen. He followed. 

"I understand," he kissed my forehead. "I'm going to run up stairs and take a quick shower. Do what ever you want." He headed up the stairs. Do what ever I want. 

"I'm going to go lay in your bed till you're done!" I yelled as i ran up stairs plopping in his bed. After he got out of the shower, he came in in just a towel. 

"Cover your eyes, I got to get boxers on." He commanded. I nodded, covering my head with his blanket. 

"Ok, you can look." As i uncovered my head he was in jeans. He walked over to me laying on the bed, and bent down to kiss me. I covered my lips with the blanket right before he got to them. I winked.

"Oh really, that's how it's gonna be huh?" He started to tickle me. I squirmed and moved trying not to let him, but it failed. He had me pinned. He kissed me slowly picking me up and turning over so he was the one laying down. 

"We really need to go. I still have to go home and get ready." I told him. Getting up and tossing him a shirt. 

"Ok, ok." He put it on and grabbed his keys. We drove to my house and thank the lord my dad wasn't home. I invited Cameron inside and told him to make himself at home. I ran upstairs and jumped into the shower. Yet again once I was out i did my hair and got dressed. With a little bit of time to spear.

"Hey Cam. Do you want to help me Decorate Brads room? He's coming home Wednesday. I think we should like give his room a make over." I hollered down the stairs. 

"That's fine with me babe." He headed up the stairs. We both walked into his messy room. 

"Well we would have to clean it, but i would like to repaint it then put like pictures of you guys and some pictures of things he likes. I want him to have a better place to escape to when my parents fight." I stood looking at a plain, white walls, with no posters and clothes all over the floor. 

"That sounds cool. You are a good sister. Lets get the clothes picked up then we will go to school. After school we will go get some paint. Tonight we will paint and tomorrow we will finish decorating." He hugged me. I nodded. It sounded good. 

"Shall we go?" He motioned me out the door. I headed down stairs and out into the car. We drove to school and got there right on time. I didn't want to be there. Emily was there and i was already having  a hard enough time with my brother and my father, i didn't need her on my case. But it was bound to happen. I guess it's not the worst thing that's ever happened to me. So i would rather deal with her. 

When we arrived at school Cameron's group was sure to say hi, but then a shorter girl came walking up to me and introduced herself. 

"Hey I'm Victoria. I noticed you the other day, but didn't want to over whelm you so i stayed back. But i thought i would come say hi today!" She told me. She was a little to preppy for me, but i need to have some girlfriends. Maybe i could make her into a little bit of a "tom boy".

"Hey, I'm Chloe." I introduced myself. 

"Do you want to come sit with us?" She pointed to her group sitting at the table across from Cameron's. The girls there didn't look so bad. 

"Sure, one sec." I turned facing Cameron. "Do you mind if i sit with them today?" I asked him, wrapping my hands around his biceps. He nodded. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and off i went.

She walked me over to her group and introduced me to her friends. 

"This is Sarah, Beth, and Heather." She said pointing at them. 

"Hey!" I responded. They made me room to set and started to talk about guys.

"Oh my god! Cameron is SO hot." Victoria said, looking over to Cameron's table. 

"I can talk to him if you want me to." I started to say. 

"How you don't know them." She quickly came back.

"I don't?" I smiled 

"No you don't! Girls really never get a chance to know them! They get to talk to them a little but never more than that." Heather add, they all nodded. 

"I'll be right back..." I stood walking over there. As soon as i got there, i tapped on Cameron's shoulder, making him turn around. Once he faced me, i looked to see that they were watching me. I kissed him. I could hear the sound of their jaws hitting the floor. Cameron looked at me weird.

"What was that for?" He asked. 

"Those girls i'm sitting with don't believe that i know you guys." I laughed. "They know now. They think your hot!" I walked back to the table sitting down. 

"What the hell!?" They all started to ask me questions. "How could you just walk up to him and kiss him?" Victoria said smiling.

"Do you really want to know?" I whispered.

"YES!" She squeezed my arm.

"I'm..... his..... girlfriend." i drug it out to make it more dramatic. They sat in shock. 

"Are you serious?" Beth asked. 

"I don't believe you!" Heather said. 

"Ok, Cameron!" I yelled. He turned and looked at me as i motioned him to come to me.

"Yeah, babe?" He said pushing me up. He sat down and sat me on his lap. Yet again their jaws dropped to the floor. Cameron laughed. "What did you want?" He asked. 

"I wanted you to prove something to them." I said hugging him. 

"Ok, well i'll see you in a few, babe." He kissed me on the cheek and walked away.

"Now i feel weird!" Victoria laughed.

"Why?" I laughed along.

"Cause i called him hot and he's your  bf so it's weird." She said punching me in the arm.

"It's not weird. I expect other girls to think that of him. As long as they are not a bitch about it." I added. "I know them all!" I laughed again. 

The day flew by and the next thing i know the final bell of the day rung. Cameron met me at my locker, and we headed out.

"So those girl's really didn't believe we were together?" He laughed.

"They seriously didn't believe me! Victoria called you SO hot!" I laughed. We headed to the hardware store to get paint for Brad's room. 

"What color?" Cameron asked.

"Blue, like regular blue." We walked around and finally found the paint that we wanted and headed back to my house. Of course my dad had to be home, but i was glad Cameron was with me.

"Shit, my dads home." I panicked a little, but felt Cameron's hand on my neck, making me look at him.

"As long as i am here..... I'm not going to let him touch you." He pulled me close and kissed my forehead. I felt a little bit better. As we walked into the house my dad came walking up.

"Who the hell is this?" He pointed at Cameron. 

"Cameron." I told him.

"What the hell did i tell you about bring guys home. NOT TO BRING THEM!" He lifted his hand to hit me but Cameron caught his fist, throwing him backwards. My dad quickly shot up going after Cameron. But Cameron dodged him again and again. My dad managed to throw Cameron off once and managed to hit me across the face. That crossed it for Cameron. He took my dad by his hair throwing him out of the front door. He landed on to the sidewalk. Cameron closed the door quickly locking it and running to all the doors in the house locking and blocking them. He then came back to me and lifted me off the floor. 

"Are you ok?" He asked, rubbing the now red spot on my right cheek. 

"I-i'm f-fine." I replied voice shaky. 

But the truth was i wasn't fine. Cameron couln't protect me forever.