Chapter 27

*Chloe P.O.V* 

Thoughts ran through my mind like a marathon. What the heck could have happened to make my mom randomly collapse. Brad. I can't even begin to think about how Brad feels. At least he knew what to do. 

I shortly arrived at the hospital. I rushed in and asked the lady at the front desk where I needed to go. She pointed and instructed me to talk to the lady at the ER center. As I turned to walk back, I saw Brad crying in a chair, by himself. I sat down next to him and gave him a hug.

"I'm going to go talk to the doctors." I whispered into his ear. I stood and walked over to a man in a white coat, with a tag that said Dr. Robertson. 

"Excuse me, but I'm Chloe Montez um you called me about my mother. Can you tell me what happened?" I asked calmly. 

"Miss Montez. Please come take a seat." He motioned me to a chair. I did so. "Your mother collapsed in your home, she was having a tough time breathing. Once we got her here, we got her breathing back to normal. After doing some CT scans, we found large tumors on both of her lungs. We don't want to say what it is until the test are done. They are currently being processed. We should be able to tell what they are in the morning. She is asleep, so we ask that you come back tomorrow." I nodded and thanked him. I stood and walked over to Brad. He looked desperate for answers. I didn't know how or what to tell him. I didn't know either. 

"Let's go home Brad." I reached out my hand. He intertwined his fingers with mine. He was strong for being 13. We got into the car and sped off.

"We can stay at Cameron's tonight. He's not there but, it doesn't matter. We can be there." I assured him. He smiled slightly. I was sure once I got back Victoria would have 100 questions. 

"What's wrong with mom?" Brad finally asked.

"They are unsure. They found something but they don't know what it is yet." I replied. 

"When is Cameron coming back? Mom said you and him were having troubles. I don't want you guys to break up." The last sentence stung. My brother usually was never a fan of my past boyfriends, because they never wanted to do anything with him. 

"I don't know. He's coming home tomorrow. I got to talk to him." As we pulled into Cameron's driveway, Victoria ran out and swung my door open.

"What the hell is going on?!" She yelled. 

"They found tumors on her lungs, but they don't aren't sure what it is yet." I got out and walked to the door, Brad followed. "Go up stairs to Cameron's room. I am sure that there is a pair of shorts you can wear in there somewhere." I motioned to the stairs, he followed. "I think I'm 100% sure what it is Victoria. I don't know how to tell Brad." I started to cry. "I think its cancer." I turned to face her. She wrapped me in a hug. 

"I called Nash. I had no one to talk to. I'm sure he told Cameron." She whispered.

"I really don't care at this point. But we just need to look strong for Brad. Ok?" I asked her. She took her hand and wiped the tear away from my eye. She nodded. Brad soon after came down the stairs.

"Can you go grab my phone?" I asked as I saw it on the floor. He nodded. The second that he picked the phone up, a ring came from it. Brad looked down and immediately answered it. 

"CAMERON!" You could hear the excitement in his voice. My heart sunk.

*Cameron P.O.V*

I was pleasantly surprised to hear Brad's voice as Chloe's phone connected. 

*Convo*

Brad: CAMERON!

Me: Hey what's up bud! What's going on with your mom.

Brad: They don't know. Hey I know you've been having troubles with Chloe lately. I really don't want you guys to break up. I really have never liked any of her past boyfriends, you're like the first one that I've actually considered a friend to me, not just my sister's boyfriend. 

Me: Wow. I can't tell you what's going to happen between your sister and I, but I will promise this. That even if we don't work out, you can still come and hang out with the guys and I. 

Brad: THAT SOUNDS AMAZING! 

Me: Now can I talk to your sister?

Brad: Yeah.

I heard a slight pause, then the relieving sound of Chloe's voice.

Chloe: I'm still mad with you

Me: Chloe, I'm sorry. I misunderstood. Babe.... 

Chloe: Don't babe me.

She spoke softly.

Chloe: I think we need to take a break. Just some time to be free. And if we are ment to be together, it will happen. 

Me: If that is what you want. I do want to be there tomorrow. If you don't mind?

Chloe: Yeah, I don't care. Brad will probably be happy to see you.

The fact that she didn't want to see me kind of stung, but I somewhat understood. 

Me: Yeah, I'm sure he will be. Taylor will be coming back as well, but at a different time.

Chloe: Got to go.

Me: I love you......

I whispered, hoping I would get a response from her.

Chloe: *sighs* I love you to... We just have a lot of talking to do okay? I don't ever think I could stop loving you. Just got somethings to think about.

Me: And if we need a break, I will wait. I don't think I could ever stop loving you either. 

Chloe: Well I should really go. Its 1230 here.

Cameron: Yeah, I got to leave in a few hours to get on the plane. I hope to be home by 1030 a.m.

Chloe: Ok, we will wait for you then we can all go to the hospital. Ok?

Me: Ok, good night beautiful.

Chloe: Good night.