Chapter 29

( Ok song for this is "Tears of an Angel" By RyanDan! This is the song playing while I'm writing!) 

*Chloe P.O.V*

Questions raced through my head on what and how they couldn't have found this earlier. 

"We need to go to the hospital." I stood and grabbed my keys. Cameron chased after me.

"I'll drive. You're not completely with it." He said grabbing the keys from me. We all filed out to the car. I stayed silent the whole drive. Cameron placed his hand on my thigh. I looked at him and tried to smile. As we pulled into the hospital parking lot I commented. 

"We are here way to much." I laugh and get out. Cameron smiles. He walks over to my side and grabs my hand. We walk in together. Brad and Victoria walk behind us. As we walk back, I notice Dr. Robertson calling me over. 

"Miss Montez...." He started to say.

"Call me Chloe." I insisted.

"Chloe, your mother has insisted to talk to you alone first." He started to walk towards her room. I unwrapped my hand from Cameron's, giving him a small kiss on the cheek. As I walked into her room, I could feel my emotions starting to get the best of me. She was as pale as snow and looked like it hurt to breath. She had an oxygen tank that lead through a tub that was in her nose. As she looked at me, I saw the tears form in her eyes, as she saw them in mine. The doctor excused himself and walked out. I walked to her bed and sat next to her, placing my head into her shoulder. I started to cry.

"Honey, don't cry." She whispered. I sat up.

"How did they not find this earlier?" I asked. She paused and looked away from me.

"They did." She whispered.

"Then why haven't they treated it?!" I raised my voice, sitting up. 

"When we were in Indiana they found it at stage 3. I didn't want to tell you guys. I did do some kemo therapy while you guys were usually at school, but I eventually gave up." She explained.

"You're going to do treatments now right!" I asked expecting a yes. 

She didn't respond for a while. "What good does it do me. Either way I'm going to die. The only thing the medicine will do is make me suffer longer." She talked quietly. 

"What the hell! Why would you do that? Are you not thinking of us?" I was yelling at this point.

"I know that you and your brother are strong enough. This is for you as much as it is me. You will never understand until you are put in this situation. I have a feeling that God is calling me home. It's time for me to answer his call." She lowered her voice. She smiled. I could never understand. I sat in shock and looked at her.

"Chloe, you can do it. You're 18 which means they won't send you to live with a relative. And if all works well, Brad can just stay with you. You are considered an adult. You might just have to sign a few things to take him into your care." She explained acting as if it was no big deal.

"You make it sound so easy! How am I supposed to take care of him and myself with school? How will I pay the bills?" I asked frustrated. 

"Over these past couple years, every single one of your and Brad's social security checks have gone into and a bank account. Your grandmother has also agreed to help pay." 

"So you have been planning this?" I asked.

"Yes. I've been expecting this to come. Chloe, I love you. Cameron has known about my cancer since he started dating you...."

"WHAT! You told him before me! What the hell!?" I found myself mad at Cameron as well.

"I was the one that wouldn't let him tell, so don't go take it out on him." She rose her voice slightly. 

"I got to go. I'll send Brad in." I walked out the door. "She wants to see you Brad. And thanks for telling me Cameron." I turned and stormed down the hallway. I heard his heavy footsteps behind me. He grabbed my arm and swung me around. 

"I promised her I would take care of you." Cameron spoke with pain in his voice. I looked at him and leaned into him, starting to cry. He walked me over to a bench and allowed me to cry into his shoulder. "Everything is going to work out the way it needs to." He added.

"She's not even going to do treatment. It's one thing to do that to me, but to Brad? That's what makes me mad, its more for Brads sake." I sat up and wiped my tears away. 

"He's going to be fine. I think you're selling him short. He's stronger than you think he is." Cameron laughed a little.

"I know he is, but I put our father in jail and now our mom is going to die." I blamed myself, even though I knew it wasn't.

"Don't you even start to blame what happened with your father, to be your fault! Cause that needed to happen." Cameron was right. But the pain still lingered. The pain never seemed to leave, even in the moments that I felt happy. I knew that it was right around the corner, waiting to pounce. That was my life now. Pain.