Fifty

"Are you happy at the disaster you've caused?" My mother asked as I sat with power who was now awake.

Angela had gone into labor and Rick rushed her to the hospital.

"You think I asked for any of this?" I replied firmly feeling myself fed up with my mothers insults and accusations.

"You damn sure didn't decline it! What did I raise!"

"You didn't raise me!" I snapped rising to my feet with power in my arms resting.

"You sheltered me and made me live under your rules until I finally felt freedom and didn't have any direction! You weren't the perfect mom you've been pretending to be! If you were I would've been able to turn to you like a daughter should've been able to without being judged! "

My mothers face expressed one with shock and utter disbelief as the words of fire exited my mouth spewing at her like lava.

"If I never see you after this I wouldn't lose an inch of sleep! I don't want my son to be around such a negative human being who has no respect for human life! And you know what mom.... " I started pass her before stopping in my tracks .." the child I'm carrying will see life if god desires! Not you!"

I exited the office before she could respond with her evil words. I almost couldn't believe I had said what I'd just said. My life was far from perfect but my kids lives would be far more better.

  "The verdicts in." My father announced hanging up the telephone as I entered the lobby.

My heart began to race immediately with anticipation and pure nerves.

I began to think about what I had just said.

Was I really going to keep this baby? How would I face the world again under these circumstances again.

I had so many things running threw my mind until I began to feel overwhelmed.

"You ready?" My father asked holding his hand out for me and power.

I sighed without answering and taking his hand.

"Where's Rick?" I asked as we walked towards the door.

"He's on the way Angela's only having contractions."

"Ok."

As I packed power into his car seat I could hear the sound of my mother and father now talking behind me.

"Well if you lay off of her maybe she wouldn't have reacted in that manner." I overheard my father say. I knew exactly what they were talking about.

My mother as usual was trying to play the victim and turn my father against me.

"Ma-ma-." Power called as I strapped him in.

I gazed down at what kamron and I had created and couldn't help but feel blessed. At this very moment I realized the outcome of this case will not define me or who I am as a mother. I was done been judged by friends family and the world!

I was going to be Madison Hilliard no matter what the world thinks.

Nessa was gone and the detectives hadn't updated me on anything. So if Kamron would be convicted of this rape I would see it as justice for her, my only friend at the time. All of this was over me I would forever feel guilty.

I kissed power pinching his cheeks before closing the door and climbing in on the other side.

"I hope the jury gives this a staff what he deserves." My father stated as we approached the courthouse in what seemed like forever.

"Hmmm." My mother grunted sarcastically.

"The lord is our Sheppard we shall not want... hopefully we can go back to normal and give power the normal lifestyle he deserves." Said my father.

I looked down at my phone noticing the text I'd received from Rick, against my better judgement I unlocked the screen and opened it.

"We need to talk after this." It read.

I turned my phone over knowing exactly what we needed to talk about.

How could Rick have betrayed me in this manner in some strange way I felt at fault I had been so weak to let my guard down a second time around.

There was no way in hell I would be able to play the victim again! I couldn't put anyone else around me threw this circus.

Just how and the hell I would explain this I didn't have the slightest clue but my mind was thinking long term rather short.

I couldn't stay in that home with my mother, I needed my own space. Let alone having Rick as a neighbor would be too awkward.

My thoughts were racing 3,000 miles per minute! Before I knew it we were pulling into the garage of the courthouse.

I sighed knowing this was about to be the moment we were all waiting for.