Twenty -7

"Make sure you're not showing off too much!" My mother yelled from the other room as I looked into the full body mirror gazing back at myself.

I wasn't showing off anything at this point, the collar bone black dress I wore flowed just below my knees fitting appropriately.

I know it was wrong but being in this city and not knowing anyone the only person left to baby sit power was Angela.

As much as I hated to do it, I dropped him off to her on the way to the courthouse.

I didn't know how to feel about today, I knew I wouldn't be testifying just yet but I didn't have a clue of what Norton had up his sleeve.

Upon arrival I walked through the huge crowd of reporters and people, blocking everything out before the case began and the floor was Nortons.

I looked at Kamron who looked to not have a stress in the world compared to me.

"Your honor I'd like to call my first witness of today." Norton stated as the doors to the courtroom opened and a sheriff accompanied a young man I recalled from my past.

My heart sunk foreseeing the direction this was about to go in.

They swore in Rashaun Lewis and made him take the oath before sitting at the witness stand.

"Rashaun Lewis, could you introduce yourself to the judge and jury for me please." Norton directed.

"Yes sir, I am Rashaun Lewis a Junior at Prestige University." He echoed throughout the courtroom.

Norton hummed knodding as he walked directly in front of the stand.

"Right, now Mr.lewis are you familiar with a young lady by the name Madison Hillard?"

"Yes sir."

"And how do you know of Madison Hillard?"

"She attended prestige university with me and we hooked up once."

"Now when you say hook up, what exactly do you mean by that?"

"We had sex."

"Was it multiple occasions or one?"

"Just once."

"'Mmhmm. And how well did you know Ms.hillard?"

"Not very well we met at a party and within moments I was having sex with her in a bedroom at the house the party was held at."

"Right, could you explain to the court how that incident happened?"

As Norton said those words, my heart was sinking like the titanic to the tenth power. I could tell my mother was uncomfortable by how she shuffled her feet.

"Objection!" I heard ford yell just before Rashaun could respond.

"On what grounds does this witness connect as evidence?" He asked.

"We're only providing back ground information first hand of Madison Hilliards reputation in regards to how my client ended up on trial." Norton explained.

"Overruled proceed." Judge valor announced.

"Thank you your honor, now again Mr.lewis could you explain to the court how the incident between the two of you happened?"

"Yes sir, I spoke to her while she was standing by the bar we briefly conversed before I suggested going back to the room, in which she agreed and once there we began to have sex."