THIRTEEN

"I don't think you understand what's going to happen if you go public with this, your entire college career is over, that baby could be the end  of everything." Ms.kelly explained solemnly to me as I set across from her in the same chair I set in just weeks ago pouring my heart out only to be threatened and black mailed. She called me early this morning after Rick paid them a visit and apparently her position was now set up to persuade me into not going forward with The charges.

"I understand the depth of everything , I'm not going to have a change of heart. Please do not contact me again, anything you need to know you can talk to my attorney about." I responded, before rising to my feet to exit.

"Madison listen to me, please." She asked softly.

"I know, personally how bad these trials can get , I don't think you deserve to go threw that---."

"And I didn't deserve to be raped either, have a good day." I replied turning to walk away No longer engaging in this conversation.

By the time I had made it back to the sorority house dean Parker and sheriff smith were outside meeting me at my car door.

"We're here to serve you with this eviction notice." Sheriff smith said holding out a piece of yellow paper to me.

"An eviction?" I repeated staring at the paper in his hands mind boggled.

"Yes ma'am, all sorority sisters have voted you out due to the fact that you did not follow rules and regulations."

"You can't do this!" I snapped snatching the form from him and beaming over the writing as fast as I could.

"Yes we can Madison, your attorney notified us also that  you're going forward with the  false accusation of  rape Against Kamron Kezford, this morning, and we all thought that was a shock knowing that you never reported anything to us about being raped until you realized he was not leaving his girlfriend for you and you were left to be an unwedded single mother whom isn't only failing her classes but also parents."  Dean Parker voiced firmly glaring me in the eyes. I couldn't believed the words that had just come out of his mouth, my Brain was spinning beyond a normal train of thought.

    "What in the hell is going on here, this is ridiculous! How can you lie! And you're suppose to be here to protect and serve me!" I exclaimed slamming the paper up against sheriff smiths chest.

"We tried, you refused the offer, you have 72 hours to remove your belongings and return the key Ms. Hilliard."

"He raped me." I argued begging for sympathy in this moment.

"You were drunk... Not in your right mind, it was consensual we all know how those late college nights can go, besides you did something that was the ultimate betrayal of a sorority sister. All of this could've been avoided and actually still can..---."

"Fuck you!" I snapped sternly, hopping back into my Range Rover and smashing off until I couldn't drive anymore.

I ended up at star bucks and the first person I called was Rick but in the wait I called Vanessa.

"You voted me out?" I asked her as she picked up the phone.

"Madi believe me they didn't give us a choice they said we all had to sign and they'd explain later with good reasoning, I'm so sorry."

My first mind wanted to kill her for the betrayal but in a moment of calm I realized her position in this entire situation and tried to find some form of understanding.

"Where are my things? Are they still in my room?"

"No, they packed them up already."

I took a deep breath looking around the shop wondering could anyone's life be as horrible as mine at this point.

"Okay, thanks... Thanks Vanessa."  I replied before hanging up.

"The d.a is going to take on this case, they need to speak to you first thing tomorrow morning." Rick said scuffling through his paper work.

"I'm so tired of reliving that night over and over." I sighed looking at the smiling lady across the shop who was no more than 6 months pregnant. Helplessly I could feel the envy running through my soul asking myself why in the hell did she deserve to be so happy while I was suffering.

"Listen I'll be there every step of the way, just tell the truth and brace yourself I know you can do it." Rick assured me grabbing for my hand sitting just seconds away on the table.

"Did you tell your wife, about this?" I asked drawing my attention to a blurry image of the pregnant lady I stared at once before.

"No not yet, she just knows I'm away on business." He explained.

"I haven't told my parents." I mumbled bringing my attention to him.

"That's expected, are you ready to?"

"I don't have much of a choice after they've evicted me, what am I going to do in this city thousands of miles away with no money."

"You can stay with me for a while." Rick uttered catching me off guard.

"Stay with you? Rick you're not the lead attorney on this case, I'll have to go home eventually just like you. Besides, you're staying in a hotel."

"Stop overthinking so much.... Listen... My dad owns a few condos out here, it wouldn't hurt for you to stay there with me while I'm here, they're done being renovated."

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

"Because I like ----love you." He replied, making all of my worries sail away.