Sixteen

"Who's to say you didn't want it; he's an attractive guy, popular, an athlete, and you're just a little Ol freshmen... Maybe it was consensual."  Attorney ford said as I set at the seat across from his desk.

"It was not consensual, why are you doing this?" I asked feeling as if all the walls were closing in on me.

Ford sighed stopping and kneeling in front of me.

"Listen with the lack of physical evidence besides the pregnancy, we have to prove that this happened and that lawyer he has is going to do that plus a million to you on that stand, now what we can do is have a Dna done but I need to notify you of something." He stated looking up at me as I tried to prevent tears from falling.

"He's being release on bond, that's not to say he's free and charges are disappearing but we need to have a warrant in place for a Dna swob to Atleast get this case rolling without a reasonable doubt Madison, have you gone to the doctor?" He asked.

"No." I answered in a broken tone ashamed.

"Well we need to get that set up, I understand you're not from L.a , are your parents aware of what's going on? I understand you're  18 to the law but you're still a child in my eyes, you need support... More than what any of us can give you."

I looked away exhaling. "I understand, I'll notify them, just let me do it." I asked.

Ford nodded rising and patting me on the shoulder.

"It's going to be alright we're going to rehearse over and over and get you adjusted   enough to have this coward son of a bitch sentenced like he deserves, in the meanwhile go take care of yourself. He suggested.

"This is really too nice of you Rick, you shouldn't have." I said shocked at the bags of clothes he had brought me and given me a gift card to Macy's clothing store.

"I wanted to do something nice after all you've been threw, look just accept it because I'm sure after I tell you this you're gonna hate me." He replied changing the mood to one that was more serious.

I sat at the kitchen table thinking just what in the hell now as he gathered himself.

"What is Rick?"

"I talked to Angela and told everything and she uhhh suggested she bring Ricky here and stay for support until the trials over with." Rick muttered while clenching his jaws.

"Absolutely not!" I declined jumping to my feet. "Listen I don't need your support or your gifts, just go be with your wife and I'll be fine."

"Madison it's not like that, you have to understand." He argued following behind me as I made my way down the hall.

"She's my wife, that's what people in marriages do... There's no telling how long this trial will take." Rick yelled just above his inside voice.

"Go be married then, and leave me the hell alone!" I snapped slamming the restroom door in his face.

It was as if nothing in my life was going right! I couldn't imagine living here like a child under the roof with the man I love and his wife.

I boiled in tears breaking down for the next hour until Rick knocked.

"Madison my flights in a hour I have to go." He pleaded asking me to open the door.

I wiped my last tears away opening the door.

"It's fine, go Rick have a safe flight." I voiced trying my best to make eye contact.

Rick pulled me into his arms and kissed my forehead like he always did.

"I love you Madison, just trust me I want to be here with you every step of the way. Just don't give up on me or yourself." He whispered.

"I love you to." I replied before he departed I ended up driving him to the airport then right after I headed to my appointment.

Hearing my child's heartbeat made me feel like butterflies were swarming in my tummy and that this decision was the right one. Seeing its first image on the sonogram brought tears to my eyes as I smiled.

"I bet daddies going to be happy, is this you guys first?" The nurse asked wiping the jelly off of my tummy as I set up.

"It's my first, and I am happy." I replied rubbing my belly.

The nurse stared at me Abit strange before responding.

"Well that's awesome, I'm sure you'll make a great mom, are you in school still?" She asked cleaning up the space.

"Currently no, but I attended prestige university just taking a break."

"Oh really, that's a great college! Did you hear about that quarterback student all over the news being charged with rape?" She asked shaking her head.

"Yea." I mumbled.

"Don't you think it's a shame poor guys life is ruined all because of those fast little girls there, boy I tell ya these young girls will scream rape just about over anything." She went on to say, as my heart dropped feeling shamed and humiliated.

"What makes you think he didn't rape her?" I replied.

"Well I'm not saying he didn't but think about it love, he's the son of a retired hall of famer nfl player, he's looking to be drafted into the nfl himself, and he's good looking. I've seen it happen millions of time sweetie these young girls fool their parents and then when their names get out or something else Jurassic happens they cry rape!" She explained babbling on as if she were a expert on this type of thing.

I gathered my things feeling as if the worlds weight was now on my shoulders.

..........