TWENTY

"18 year Vanessa Idaho's car flip over multiple times running off of the I-27 high way and wrecking, she is now in critical condition at our local hospital that's now undisclosed."

     My stomach instantly dropped with one of the nastiest feelings covering my body. I felt myself shivering all over. What in the hell has happened between now and last night!

"He tried killed her, he killed her." I cried to detective Riggs as she comforted me.

"Smith is on the scene investigating, but there's only so much we can do right now. She sighed looking over at Rick who was also on the side of me.

"It's gonna be okay, they just need you to go do the dna swob." Rick voiced.

"If he damn there killed her and has already threatened me what the hell do you think he's gonna do if I go threw with this, I don't want to do it anymore!" I snapped shaking beyond control.

To be continued

"Listen to me madison, don't let this distract you , you need to do what's ride! You know he's behind what happened to Vanessa, get justice if they can't for the both of you." Rick explained to me in the most serious tone I had ever heard from him.

"I'm not going to get justice, who's going to believe that this pregnancy wasn't what made me want to press charges in the first place... No ones gonna believe me, Vanessa hanging on to dear life because of ME! Don't you understand."

"Madison , ricks right... You have to do your part in bringing him to justice we need you... Vanessa needs you, we believe not only in you but also you. Don't let this persuade you, he will not win! I give you my promise." Detective Riggs said sternly, while holding back tears.

I sighed knowing I was in the middle of a cross fire. Both roads only led to disaster.

For the first time I felt that little human inside of me kick, that kick meant more than anything to me at this point and time. He was telling me to keep on fighting and don't give up.

  I grappled my tummy as the tears of pain turned into those of joy.

    •

The Dna swob was faster than I thought, the nurses were nicer than the one I'd been seeing at my obgyn and I was happy that I hadn't gotten discouraged and went through with this.

Rick picked me up from my appointment.

"You're okay?" He asked as I hopped into the passenger side.

"As okay as I'll ever be, where's the wife?" I replied.

"Shopping, soooo you don't have much longer before you pop."

"Yeah I know, I can't wait, I went and saw Vanessa yesterday she's not doing any better, still on life support." I sighed looking down at the ultra sound of my little boy.

"Well just keep praying, God hears us, even when we think he doesn't."

We drove for the next few miles without saying anything before Rick decided to break the silence.

"You come up with a name yet for the little guy?" He asked turning into the drive way of the town house I was staying at with my parents.

"Power."  I answered bringing a smile to my face as Rick squinted.

"Power? Power huh? I mean I get the concept but why power, that's an odd name for a little guy."

"He's an odd little guy, he has helped me threw a lot he's my power. And I don't ever want him to think differently."

Rick began to knodd as if he was understanding, and a grin appeared.

"That's pretty cool.... I like you madi... I like you a lot." He mumbled, turning the car completely off.

"Like? I thought you lov---."

Rick kissed my lips before I could finish my sentences giving me all the answer I needed.

"I do." He voiced as we departed making me blush more than ever.

As I walked into the town house my mother with standing at the blinds with her arms crossed, with a not so welcoming look.

"It's not good to carry on like that." My mother said turning in my direction.

"What are you talking about Ma?" I replied a bit confused.

"You're pregnant and you're seeking attention from a married man, I saw you two kissing. I didn't raise you to behave the way you're behaving Madison." She sternly stated walking in my direction by he door.

"It's not what you think."

"Don't give me that crap Madison! I've been a teen before, what you are doing is going to have a horrible ending and I won't stand for you having an affair with a married man let alone with our neighbor! I don't want you seeing him anymore Madison and that's final!"

"Ma you are over reacting, we're just friends."

"Madison! Just go!"

"But mom, I'm sick of you treating me like a child , you never hear me out! I'm your daughter for god sakes!"

"It's not up for debate, leave the room Madison!"

"I'm not a damn child! I don't have to be here!!" I snapped running out of the front door to my car that was parked outside.

It was literally a cloud of rain just pouring on my parade and there was nothing I could do about it!

A long drive I thought for sure would take my mind off of this, but I only ended up at the hospital at Vanessa's side, pouring in tears and crying my heart out.

    "Vanessa I love you." I whispered as the monitors beeped at there normal paste as I set there just praying for a sign. The presence of multiple people entering the room grapsed my attention.

Looking bad I could've thought I see two ghost is was Erika and kamrons mother. My heart dropped into the deepest pit in my stomach.