T H R E E

(1 week later) :

(1 week later) :

    I had avoided Kam for the past week, even missing class and locking myself in my room whenever he came over.

   I realized I couldn't hide from this any longer, I wasn't going to have to face the after math. I wasn't going to become the quiet girl who was silenced by rape.

That once adventurous, fun, big city spirited girl I was before was still within me. I wasn't going to let her die.

Vanessa told me that there was a party going on for our break we were approaching, so I decided to be in attendance.

My wardrobe was full of revealing outfits that I wasn't just get comfortable wearing again.

In the back of my closet I found a yellow dress that was just right and not showing off too much. I dressed in that and my red clutch to match my heels.

"You look different." Erika said standing at my room door observing.

"Yeah, trying a new style."

"Well it's cute, are you going to that big party?"

"Ummmm For a little while, why what's up?"

", kams probably going to be at the party and I don't feel well enough to go sooo, just wondering if you could keep an eye on him."

I hesitated at the sound of his name before answering.

"Sure, sisters honor." I replied with the Fakest smile.

  "Thanks... You look nice by the way." She complimented before leaving.

      A part of me didn't want to go now that he was there but then the other half reminded me of the strength I had behind me.

  •
"Took you long enough." Vanessa said as we met at the bottom of the steps.

"Sorry, it was hard finding something, you ready?"

Vanessa sighed rolling her eyes sarcastically, as we began to walk out together.

    The drive there was short and simple since it was right on campus. We arrived to the packed fraternity house where there were barely any spaces to park.

I picked up my iPhone to check the time noticing it was 11:40pm and that I had two missed calls and 1 email from my mom.

   I cleared my notification, I already knew what that was about.

"You ready to have a good time?" Vanessa asked as if it was my first time walking.

"Of course, let's go."

Hand and hand we walked the concrete trail leading up to the house where the music was blasting and the front door was hovered by many familiar faces.

To be continued...

Upon entering the party we were served with a Jell-O shots just to loosen up a bit.

"I'll be right back, I have to go to the ladies room." I told Vanessa as she chatted with Marcus a boy she had been crushing on since forever.

   I squeezed through the crowded room of people, heading upstairs for the restroom, when I saw Kamron coming out of a bedroom with a unlit marijuana joint in his mouth.

   His eyes raced in my direction as I hurried to open the restroom door when it happened.

    Just as I tried to shut it a strong force swept it out of my hands.

"What's up, you haven't been to class lately?" He said causing me to turn in his direction as he hovered over me like I was his bait!

"Why are you so concerned about my absence?"

"Well, for starters your seats right next to mine and you're probably going to flunk out since you've missed so many days."

"Go to hell!" I snapped turning to grab the door.

Kam chuckled, slamming the door back against the wall, as he blocked my way.

"Who the fuck are you talking to!?"

"Get away from me!" I demanded not backing down as he noticed a few girls coming up the hall.

"You better watch your damn tone bitch!" He uttered low enough to where I h'll could hear him.

  I snatched the door that was now out of his possession slamming it in his face as the girls passed by.

   I nearly broke down in tears feeling like the world was caving in on me! I had no one to confide in and this rape was happening over and over every day!  I just needed this break away from school to gather myself and breath.