Forty 4

We met at the court house, where we were greeted by a counselor who was the head of the case.

"Madison Hilliard?" She announced to me reading over a document.

"Yes." I answered.

"Okay come with me, and that must be Power?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Excuse me, I'm her attorney I'd like to accompany her." My father interrupted standing to his feet.

"That won't be necessary sir, we only need the first two parties." She insisted.

"It's fine dad." I mouthed to him as I held powers hand and we were led into the doors.

I followed the Caucasian lady down the hall where I entered a room that a bailiff was as well as Kamron.

"Have a seat please." She suggested taking her own at the top of the table.

The mood was so uneasy! Kamron was following me with his eyes intentionally to make me uncomfortable! I did my best not to make any eye contact with him.

Power sat onto my lap as I tried to prepare myself for the unthinkable.

It seemed as if the First ten minutes of the meeting were a blur. The counselor was going over the agreement of Kamron having custody of Power until the day of ruling.

I could feel my heart breaking like a ceramic plate in a busy restaurant.

"I love you so much baby." I kept repeating over and over to power as he looked on unaware of what was happening.

A million tears must've drained from my eyes as I kissed and hugged him as If this would be my last day seeing him!

There wasn't a bone in my body okay with this. Now I was feeling how my father felt!

Being in the moment was totally different from the preparation and support I was given.

I sighed as the bailiff notified me it was time.

"Don't touch me!" I snapped rising to my feet.

"What kind of people give a child conceived through rape to its rapist!" I growled now leading the mood.

"Ms.Hilliard I must remind you this is court ordered and you will be in violation." The counselor stated as Kamron smirked.

"You won't have that grin on your face for long you filthy son of a bitch! How do you live with yourself!"

"I should ask you the same thing, lying for fame and attention. Never thought you would've taken it this far Madison." Kamron said softly as if he were the victim.

"You sick disgusting BASTARD!!" I growled wanting to tear his face off like a wild animal!

The bailiff jumped in intervening forcing me to say my final departure before letting my angel go.

Upon exiting the room I collapsed breaking down into tears. My mother rushed over along with Rick to pick me up and comfort me.

I didn't know why I was taking this so hard! I hadn't been away from power for more than a few hours in kamrons care. This was going to be a couple of days and it felt like the end of the world!

Watching Kamron come out holding power as if he actually loved him, broke my heart.

His parents met him half way, showering my son with babbles and kisses as if he were the grandson they'd always wanted.

"God is our only savior, don't give up hope." My mother whispered to me as she held me tight.

  It felt as if I didn't get any sleep that night. My mind was up all night thinking about power and thinking about this testimony I was going to have to give.

I was a nervous wreck! I found myself in the shower at 3am just washing because their was nothing else to clear my mind or help me rest.

I just wondered what I did to deserve this! Was God punishing me for what I had done behaving so wildly or was he just using me for a strength for Girls that say no, I didn't know which but I was hoping it was going to be over soon.

   This had been a long drawn out process and I was exhausted! Not only mentally but physically. How much more could I endure? I felt like I was at my breaking point.

I dozed off into a short sleep that felt like forever. Before I knew it my alarm was going off and I was dressing for my day in court.

An all black nineties sleeveless dress with the zipper in the back was what I dressed in. My hair was now straight and falling down my shoulders landing just midway down my back. I applied light make up and slipped on a black blouse and a pair of my wedge heels.

You might have thought I was dressing for a funeral in this attire, but to me it was perfect for this last day of testimony.

My family and I said a prayer before heading to the courthouse.

The media was spread our everywhere, we had to drive around to the back just to enter.

I heard a babies laughter just yards away and knew instantly that, it was my baby power.

Coming down the hall was Kamron and his entourage. He held power in his arms trying to paint this picture to the media that all he ever wanted to be was a dad. Any honest person could see threw his front.

My eyes were frozen on him and his held my son in his arms and gave him a peck on the cheek grinning at me.

His family and Ericka were both by his side as if he was Bill Clinton or something. I couldn't believe what I was watching!

My nerves were shot and anxiety was at an all time high!