T w e n t y -6

"Slut-shaming and double standards are such a harsh thing that young women and even older older women have to endure on the daily basis. The question of why can a man sleep around and be saluted but If a girl does it she's a whore is always brought to the surface for being a double standard. I for one totally agree with the disagreement of double standards when The only thing is his gender making it an underlying access granted to being on. why must it be a double standard. It's a woman's body she should be able to give it away at her own disposal. The only problem with this is ... Society doesn't agree with that, our parents don't agree with that, and the world doesn't agree with that. So what do you do when you're young, exploring your options and finding yourself when a young, attractive, popular guy gives you a bit of attention. Like any other girl, Madison took advantage of the moment. Only problem with this particular moment is... That popular young attractive guy was not only her room mates but also sorority sisters boyfriend. No ones here to point the finger, but.... After a few drinks and a wild night... A few weeks later we have a young girl with firm dedicated parents eyeing a pregnancy test that reads positive. I can only imagine the fear in her for not wanting to be a disappointment. You look at that and weigh the many other options... She began to realize that her party life style is over and reality is knocking at the door. At this point to avoid being scorned and ridiculed she used the next best option... Sympathy... And what exactly is sympathy? A cry of rape."

I set there listening on the edge of my seat as Attorney Norton opened up with his argument.

  My anxiety was at an all time high, the way he was explaining this made it seem as if I was just fabricating this entire thing.

  It felt like everyone's eyes were on me, even though they weren't! Hearing his opening argument just put fear all throughout my body.

My mother took a grip of my hand trying to assure me that everything was going to be okay.

Ford glimpsed back at me as  Norton summed up his last words and proceeded to his seat giving him the floor.

"We can preach morals or we can face reality. Attorney Norton  has presented to you all quite the speech about the standards we as people try to live by. What he did not do was, tell you all about the reality of double standards. Put yourself here in the victims shoes now. You're young, attractive, and it's your first time away from home on a big campus. Of course you party, of course guys will notice you. But at what point does it make it okay when the right but wrong guy notices you. Now let me elaborate on that. He's right to everyone else on the core. People may agree when I say Mr.Kezford is at the beginning of his prime, a handsome young fella, and at the top of his ranks at Prestige University. He's use to hearing the yeses and compliments whenever he comes on to a girl. But what happens when he hears a No for the first time. Bare with me here, it's a psychological thing alongside pride. He too is still a young man exploring and finding himself, so there is no one to tell him what's right and wrong when it comes to sex, especially when you're in his position. So imagine when This young freshman girl who had no rank told him No, his pride wasn't going to let him walk away with the fact that for the first time in his prime he had been rejected, he had been turned down, and denied by a girl. Ford now stood in the middle of the floor glimpsing around at every aspect of people within the courtroom as dead silence locked in.

" and what happens to girls that says no...... She doesn't cry for sympathy... She doesn't think about the ridiculing she'll receive days after, the factor of being a disappointment by default does not cross her mind at that very moment when a young man weighing 197lbs standing 6'1 and athletically built is forcing himself onto her... She cries NO!"

   With no witnesses called for the first half I felt at ease that we concluded the day after s few more rounds of going back and fourth between the d.a and defense attorney.