Forty

"Here you need this." Rick said handing me the cup of vodka and cranberry as I sat on the edge of the guest rooms bed.

" I just can't believe my mother would say something like that to me, I would never say a thing to my child of that nature." I explained grasping the cup and taking a sip as I glimpsed back at power who was laying in the crib fast asleep.

"It's crazy, don't let it get to you though, she's probably just under a lot of pressure and doesn't know what to do." Rick replied taking a seat next to me.

I shook my head still in disbelief finishing the cup in no time.

It felt like my old college days where I would drink and forget about all of the drama, rumors, and stresses of life. I poured myself another cup, taking it down just as fast as the other before Rick suggested I slow down.

"Please don't try to control me." I snapped, handing him the cup to pour me some more.

"Madison, that's it. Seriously, I understand you're an adult but that's enough, you've over done it now." He demanded in a forceful tone, Setting the cup down onto the night stand.

Angela was fast asleep down the hall, that had become the usual with her. Those pregnancy hormones had took all of her energy now of days.

"Rick please don't talk to me like that." I snapped shaking my head in a daze while staring at the floor.

My head had begun to feel lite and all the stresses I once had, literally disappeared working moments just from those 2 cups.

Comment comment comment

There will be an update real soon... But I need feedback...

   "You need to focus on being more responsible, you have a child." Rick explained to me.

"Rick no, I've already heard that talk, please-- like please. My teenage years were taken away from me and I was forced into motherhood without a choice. If I screw up some times, then it's my fault ... I never got to make mistakes." I mumbled feeling a bit dizzy.

"Look I understand why don't you get some rest." He suggested rising to his feet.

I couldn't decline of I wanted to my body was feeling extremely relaxed and tired.

Before I even knew it I was waking up to pure darkness and the sound of powers cry.

As I lifted my head from the pillow I noticed Angela's shadow picking him up out of the crib.

"Somebody must be hungry." She whispered.

As I tried to open my mouth to speak nothing came out, it's like I was in a trance, I couldn't move either.

Eventually I just nodded back off to a deep sleep.