Forty-1

I sat up in bed feeling like s zombie as I glanced around the cold room, noticing powers crib was empty.

My heart instantly raced as I dashed out of bed looking around thinking maybe he had climbed out but there was no sight of him.

I made my way down the hall hearing cartoons playing and the smell of breakfast stirring.

Just as quick as I entered the den area there my little angel was standing on his own with the biggest smile staring at me .

"Ma-Ma!" Power yelled in his cute little voice, I swooped him up having him giggle as I kissed his cheeks.

"Good morning lady." Angela called from the kitchen, coming to the door.

"Hey Ang', thanks for watching him, I don't know what I'd do without you." I said rubbing powers full head of curls.

"No prob! Girl you know Power is my baby, he's giving me all the practice I need for my little girl." She uttered rubbing her popping belly.

"Well you're already a great mom, you'll make a better one."

"Awwwws thanks, come get yourself some breakfast. I just finished, so you right in time. Eggs, waffles, bacon, sausage links, French toast, and fresh fruit."

As I entered the kitchen I was amazed at the full course five star breakfast she had prepared, I almost couldn't believe my eyes.

"Wow, you really out did yourself." I gasped.

"Well my craving made me do it." Angela laughed.

"Where's Rick?" I asked, standing at the sink washing both power and my hands.

"He's taking the trash out, should be on his way back in though." Angela answered just as the door opened.

It was Rick re entering.

"Good morning women." He greeted with a smirk, heading to the sink where I was to wash up.

"Morning." I grumbled feeling the hangover from last night, I sat down with power in front of the plates Angela had prepared for us.

"I just want to thank you guys so much for. Everything, like you've been a huge hell and blessing I don't know what I'd do without the two of you." I said feeling a rush of emotions.

"Awwws you're so welcome We're glad to be a help." Angela replied as  they all sat down joining me at the table.

"Thanks a lot, really, I don't know many people who would move across the world with a neighbor for support in a situation like this, I just want you both to know, I greatly appreciate you and don't know how to show you other than telling you. Angela you've been a god mother from heaven! You have literally been a mother to power when I couldn't an do just can't thank you enough. I know it's late and he's s big boy now but if you'd like I'd love for you to be his god mother?"

Angela's eyes popped with excitement as she smiled from ear to ear.

"OFCOURSE! Wow, that means so much to me, thank you, I'm delighted." Angela gasped blowing power kisses.

Breakfast went by smooth as could be and the food was just what I needed, to help with the hangover I was experiencing.

  I put power down for his afternoon nap and decided to pack up to go home since my parents were on their flight out, when Rick entered the room startling me.

"Do you really think that was a good idea?" He asked grabbing my attention in his attention.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Giving Angela that title?"

"As powers god mother?"

"Yes." He nodded.

"I don't see why not, she's done a lot for both me and him. She deserves it."

"I don't think you're looking at the bigger picture."

"What bigger picture?"

"That we had an affair."

"Key word, had-rick... It's over and I'm sure we're both mature enough to move pass it."

"Right, look I'm just not very comfortable with the two of you building this friendship."

"Really, Rick?"

"Yes, really Madison."

"Well it's a little too late to be considering what you're comfortable with."

"We'll save this conversation for another time." He uttered as the sound of her footsteps approaching interrupted us.

"--Hey babe, I'm going to the yoga workout, I'll text you."  Angela ssid kissing his cheek.

"For how long?" He replied grabbing her wrist as she turned to walk away.

"Hour or two, depends on the instructor, you could always join me."

"I would love to, but you know this trial has me swamped." He explained.

"I know, maybe next time. See you guys later." She replied whisking off after waving bye.

"You wanna have a drink?" Rick asked out of the blue.

"No, I'm still trying to get over last nights." I declined, looking at power begin to stir.

"Rookie." Rick joked.

"I sure am." I replied walking over to power in his crib grumbling. I placed my hand on his back and began to rub it until he was calm again.

"We should rehearse today."

"Maybe tomorrow I have to head home today and do some cleaning." I explained.

"I can come over there. It's very important Madison, you have a big sag ahead of you." He stated, firmly.

"That's fine, I'll call you when I'm settled."