T W E N T Y-1

"The hell are you doing here?!" Erika snapped slamming the roses shed brought onto the table.

"Look Erika let her be, she's sinking enough."kamrons mother Added.

"You both are pitiful, only God is gonna deal with you. I won't do this while Vanessa's laying there clinging to life."

"That baby should've been clinging to life!" Erika spat viscously.

"You're pathetic, you can have that rapist your defending!" I voiced gathering my purse to leave.

"I should let you know something before you leave sweetheart." Kamrons mother called as I made my way to the door.

"That child you're carrying... If it is indeed my sons.... You won't have any custody of it. Then we'll see who's pathetic."

I listened as those threatening words touched my ears setting fire, feeling bombarded by the unexpected. My only goal was to make it out of that room as fast as I could.

They couldn't possibly think that a court would award them custody..

"The swab came back positive, Kamron is indeed the father of that baby you're carrying that's all we needed to make sure he doesn't leave off of house arrest at the least!" Ford explained to me.

"What about the fact that his mother threatened to take my child away! He raped me how could that be possible??!"

"If we don't prove our case without reasonable doubt j hate to say it they'll have a chance to do just that."

I looked over at my father who had a look of discomfort for an expression.

"Don't worry honey, we're going to make sure that doesn't happen." He assured rubbing my back.

"Daddy please don't let him take power away from me, please."

"I won't... I promise... We won't." My father knodded as he looked over at ford.

Now that the swab was back and I was due at any moment to deliver, I felt like this trial was taking forever to proceed on and get on its way.

I was living in a twilight zone, praying I could just get this over with already. I just wanted to be happy with power. I couldn't wait to meet what God had blessed me with.

I didn't know where life would be taking me but I was just along for the bumpy ride.

When leaving my appointment when a woman approached me in the lobby down stairs.

"Madison Hilliard." She called out as I exited the elevator.

"Yes?"

"Natalie collard." She greeted extending her hand that I non chalantly shook.

"How can I help you?" I asked.

"Well I know this is quite odd but I'm here to make an offering." She began.

"For what. I'm not even interested." I replied walking away.

Natalie jogged behind me catching up and walking along side me.

"Listen I'm here to offer you $50,000 to forget about everything."

At that very moment I knew exactly what she was referring to, I came to a fast hault turning in her direction.

"I don't need it and don't want it. Leave me the hell alone!" I snapped getting loud enough for the surrounding passer Byers to notice us.

Natalie glimpsed around a bit embarrassed as she pulled out a card.

"In a weeks time you may change your mind." She said with a devilish smile slipping the card into the open pocket of my jean jacket I wore.

That incident has Kamron Written all over it, I couldn't believe they were trying to buy my silence, they must've been some kind of desperate.

I didn't want to return to the town house since the incident with my mom so I asked Rick if I could stay there for a few more days.

"I remember when I was preggos girl I couldn't stop eating cucumbers and salt." Angela chatted as we fixed a small dinner together.

"You must've had the best pregnancy, I bet you were extremely happy." I said opening the oven to check on the rolls.

"Oh trust me it wasn't all peaches and cream, there was a time that I was stressed out and wondering if I should've even gotten married."

As Angela said those words I paused turning in her direction appalled.

"What do  you mean I thought you guys had the perfect marriage and family I've always looked up to you." I explained awaiting to hear more.

"Nooo, not at all.. Every marriage has its problems and well Rick sometimes... he can be a sweetheart but then there's times when  he gets the wondering eye and I can tell when someone else has his attention."

"Are you saying he was having an affair?"

"Without proof I can't truthfully say that, but the way he was acting and making excuses damn sure pointing to that... Even so recently i haven't been feeling like I've had his undivided attention, but with the line of work he's in I don't want to accuse him of cheating when he's really just working, look I don't know. I could go on for days about this, I just love that man with my entire heart... But the pasta is nearly done sooo I'm ready to eat." She giggled taking the top off of it and I joined son with a fake laugh trying to snap out of the line of thought I was in.