Forty 8

I couldn't believe something this bad just happened! My heart was racing a million miles per minute!

  The court room was in a aww and I could feel all eyes on me!

The judge demanded the lawyers into his chambers and I felt a feeling I'll never forget.

The first person I looked at was Angela she was still looking ahead and I didn't know what to say.

"Angela, I pray you don't believe that lie." My mother said breaking the silence.

"... No, ofcourse not... " she replied without a bit of confidence. Just from her tone I could tell she wasn't totally sure.

"He's just pulling a fast one." I added finally breaking my silence as power sat in my lap quietly.

Only Angela didn't respond she looked at me with a smile and nodded.

The courtroom whispered amongst one another and my mothers eyes landed on me, with a stern expression that let me know she wasn't happy at all.

I turned away, blocking her out.
I kissed power on his cheek hoping this moment could be over with.

"I'm going to leave, I don't think I need to be here." Angela suggested gathering her bags

"Angela I know it's hard but if you leave and all of these people see that, they'll believe the defense and it looks bad for both Rick and Madison. My father explained trying to persuade her.

At this moment I was starting to think Angela believed what was said. Although it's true, I wonder if she'd always had her suspicions.

She didn't verbally respond to my father but her face said everything. She didn't feel comfortable being here. The run of her tummy before she sat back gave us the answer.

"I warned you." My mother said in a volume where I could only hear.

I looked over at the jury who had their poker faces on and sighed.

"I never slept with him." I replied firmly, rocking power in my lap as he nodded off.

"I'll tell you this much, you better abort that baby before things get worse."

"It's not his!" I replied angrily without having my voice louder.

My mother turned directly to me for the first time giving me a look that said everything thT she wanted to exclaim.

"The jury will disregard Attorney Nortons last statement, there is no evidence behind that and even if it were it has no stance in the trial at hand. I will allow him to take the floor before putting the Decision in the jurors hands. " the judge said returning from her chambers,

Ricks eyes laid on me before Angela with a look of speechlessness.

I knew he was just as shocked as I! Our dirty secret had just hit the fan.

Here I was carrying his child while sitting just two spots away from his pregnant wife.

I thought about how all of this would look once it hit the fan.

Maybe my mother was right! I couldn't  have this baby the war it would start would be no returning.

I could barely look Angela in her face. The tension was so thick throughout the entire courtroom.

Attorney norton took the floor, coughing to clear his throat as kamron sat with the least bit of worry written across his face.

"What is my closing argument." He stated rhetorically. "We have set in this courtroom for days and weeks and months trying to decipher if Madison Hilliard is the promiscuous young lady she's presented herself to be. We have set here picking our brains to decipher if kamron is the rapist she has forsaken him to be. You've heard both sides.... and of course you're not psychics so you don't know who is really telling the truth. But I say to you we've presented the evidence we've opened the curtains, donot convict an innocent young man who's dreams have been snatched away from him wrongfully due to a night of drunken sex that resulted into a pregnancy. If anything convict him of being afraid to man up when Madison told him she was pregnant. Convict him for drinking while underage, convict him for leading Madison on in his moment of weakness... but please.... please donot wrongfully convict him for a young girls accusation  of rape. My client kamron kezford is not guilty and we leave it in your hands to make the right decision." Norton uttered drawing the jurors in as he stood before them with this sympathetic expression before resting.

"Thank you attorneys, jury the decision is now in your hands, you may return to your lobby." The judge uttered as my heart raced with anticipation.