Thirty-2

"Aren't you the cutest little man." I giggled kissing power as I placed him down on the Matt to crawl.

He was growing so much that I was beginning to miss the little arm baby I use to hold and rock to sleep.

"Rick needs you." Angela uttered coming into the room with a gloomy tone.
Because of the trial I had been spending nights over at their home although my mother wasn't very fond of it I didn't have much of a choice. Rick was set on not missing a single shred of evidence, points, or any information.

"You okay ang?" I asked her.

"Oh I'm fine, just hormones." She replied with a fake smile.

I shrugged taking a deep breath before exiting and going down the hall to ricks office.

"Shut the door." He replied meeting me half way.

I closed the door behind me as he startled me locking it.

"What's that for?"

"We don't need interruptions." He replied hovering before me now.

"I thought we didn't need to practice until another hour?" I said glancing at the clock on the wall.

"I needed you." He whispered kissing my lips as I drew back.

"Rick." I whispered as he pulled me into his arms and began to kiss my face, then lips, and neck.

"You don't understand how much I want you Madison." He said with breaths as I pushed him away weakly.

"Your wife's going to hear---."

Rick was a mad man his body had been lusting for so long that the words I was saying weren't getting threw to him, he continued to kiss me with the palm of his hand grappling my waist to secure me in place.

I continuously told him no, as low as I could so Angela wouldn't over hear what was going on.

"Rick stop it!" I snapped firmly hearing footsteps down the hall.

He paused as if a demonic spirit had exited his body while still holding me he looked into my eyes.

"I'm sorry." He apologized before releasing me and walking back over to his desk.

I stood there frozen at the door comforting myself in a bit of disbelief. I didn't understand why Rick was behaving in this manner. Was he really over being with Angela to the point that he could sleep with me while she was just rooms away.

"I'm sorry." Rick repeated now seated at his desk unraveling his tie from around his neck.

"I heard you." I finally replied still standing in the middle of the room.

"You're upset with me aren't you?"

"No Rick... I'm not upset with you. I just... I don't think we should do things like that, your wife--."

"Did you have sex with Kamron willingly?"
His words uttered like a stone falling onto me. I almost couldn't believe he had asked that.

"What?"

"I'm gonna have to ask you that when you're on the stand." Rick stated picking up his notebook.

My heart rate decreased as I snapped back into reality.

"No, I didn't have sex with him willingly... He raped me, and I don't feel like reviewing this case today I'm gonna leave." I reinstated turning to walk away.

"You have to grow up and face the real world Madison." Rick said as if he hadn't offended me in any way.

As I shut the door I gave him a look of despise.

The drive home was long, it seemed like longer than ever with power in the back seat screaming and me unable to tend to him I felt myself becoming frustrated.

The moment I pulled into the driveway I broke down just as the sun went down and powers crying increased.

I just set there as the loud screams decreased in my mind zoning out into a place I'd been avoiding. I didn't want to live, why was I alive and going threw this.

Power deserved a better mother and father I thought over and over, before snapping back into reality with his piercing cry nearly blowing my eardrums.

  I slowly got out and took his car seat out of the back seat shushing him with a hum as I replaced the pacifier into his mouth calming him.