A Moment of Clarity - Male! Robin X Fem! Reader

WARNING! Spoilers for Fire Emblem: Awakening ahead. It's several years old already, but I understand if you have not played it. Please do not continue if you do not wish to see spoilers.

A Moment of Clarity - Male! Grima! Robin X Fem! Reader

Timeline: Lucina's Timeline

POV: Second Person

|Unedited|

I was working on a request for a Henry one shot but this suddenly came to me, so here's some more poorly written angst. I think the ending got kind of weak though, so if  you don't want to read the crappy ending just stop at the marker for the second time skip.

You have loved Robin since the moment you first met him.

Just and kind, caring for every member of the Shepherds, and with dashing good looks to boot.

Of course, you always assumed he would never notice you. He had every woman in the army throwing themselves at him left and right.

Cordelia, the prodigy falcon knight. Sumia, the late bloomer. Maribelle, the rich and sophisticated troubadour. Hell, even Chrom's own sister swooned over the tactician!

And meanwhile, you were just you. Just a villager. Just a villager that the Shepherds saved. 

But somehow, for some reason, he saw potential in you.

You spent countless days and battles together. Training, reclassing, learning.

Under his tutelage, you became one of the best units in the army. Well rounded, excelling in magic, swords, spears, you name it.

You thought that after you perfected your skills, after he had spent months teaching you, he would abandon you and go back to his other units. 

But he didn't.

Maybe it was fate. Maybe he was just pitying you. Now you would never know.

You stuck by him through everything. Some would call you a lovesick fool, following the white haired tactician's every word in hope that he would just notice your feelings.

But he never did.

Not when the war with Plegia ended.

Not when the war with the Valm started.

Not when he gave up his body to the Grima.

And now he's gone. Just a shell for the Fell Dragon. And yet you remain by his side, unwilling to give up on him. Because maybe there is a tiny chance that you can still save him.

It's been years.

The remainder of the Shepherds, the sons and daughters of the friends you betrayed, are still alive somewhere. Still trying to destroy the Fell Dragon and restore peace to the planet.

You were divided in two. You wanted all the violence to end, you wanted Grima to die. But you wanted Robin to live. Even if it meant killing them. 

If it meant killing the daughter of Robin's best friend, so be it. If it meant manipulating Robin's daughter, who you knew nothing of her mother, you would do it.

Because even now, all you want is for Robin to love you back.

Because your logic and reasoning is just a little voice in the back of your head now.

"(Your/Name), come here." Grima motions with a pale hand, face covered by the hood of his coat. He lounges upon a throne of bones, held up by the ever present stream of magic emanating from his fingertips. The legendary Falchion is embedded into the stone of the ground, right next to Grima.

You comply with his request, stopping and kneeling right in front of him. You look up at him with dull, empty eyes. "Yes my lord?"

He extends a hand out, the mark of Grima seeming to glow faintly in the darkness. He cups your chin with cold fingers, darkened mist surrounding you.

"I can feel your hope." He whispers, voice strained. 

His grip tightens, voice deepening into demonic throes. "Give up (Your/Name). Give up and accept the despair."

"Robin is gone."

And suddenly it all sinks in.

The man you love is gone.

You've been serving under a monster this whole time.

And suddenly, it all releases itself.

Without a word, you pull the Falchion from the stone.

With pure adrenaline, you swing the royal blade. 

The blade is slowed to a stop, but not before you plunge it into the dragon's human shell.

As blood splatters over you and what remained of the man you once loved, the body's eyes widen. For a split second, he could see clearly.

And the next, a bolt of lightning was embedded in your torso.

You choke, tears running down your face as you fall towards the shell. All that remains is the burning pain spreading through your body.

With your remaining strength, you stare up at the monster, only to see the grey eyes of the man you loved so much.

"I-I've always loved you Robin..." You force a smile onto your face, tears blurring your vision as you try to lift your hand up to his face. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you."

Black seeps into your vision as your eyes flutter shut. Your hand falls back onto Robin's lap.

Robin stares down at your corpse with wide eyes. Tears start to trickle down his face.

"It's okay (Your/Name)." He chuckles dryly, Grima already taking over his body again. "I love you too."

A single tear hits the bloodstained stone as Robin finally gives in to the Fell Dragon.

Yeah, not too proud of the ending to this one so I might rewrite it later? It ended up a decent length though.

I still need to finish some requests and a couple ideas I had.

I also decided on the 50/60 K special, so I'll be releasing info on that next chapter!

Published July 22, 2017.